Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2015] DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near London {GBR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 21, 2015, 9:04 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Canarsie
This thread is for archived general discussion of Hilton HHonors Hotels in or near London, United Kingdom through 2012. For information and discussion on individual hotels, please refer to LINKS for Hilton HHonors Hotels in or near London, United Kingdom

To jump to the year in which you would like to search, please click on the desired years:
1999 | 2000 | 2001 | 2002 | 2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014
Print Wikipost

[ARCHIVE to 2015] DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near London {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2008, 1:30 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by chanp
well ill let u all know in a month how they treat me.
How did your Pl stay go?
Old Oct 4, 2008, 7:42 am
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest
Stayed in PL from 15th to 18th of September 2008. This was a reward stay. A cab from Heathrow to the hotel cost 50 pounds. Check in at 8 PM was a snap. One signature and sliding the credit card through the reader was all it took in about 30 seconds.

The room was a regular (I believe) non smoking room on the 23rd floor facing the central London with magnificent views at that hour - also during daytime. There was a welcoming message telling that it is an exec. room. The size of room was adequate (1.5 metres to the walls around the king size bed) but the bathroom was smallish and worn down. When will the British learn, how the modern faucets should work... All the standard Hilton gadgets were available. About 30 inch LCD-tv. Invisible but effective housekeeping.

Exec. lounge access worked with the room key card. The lounge was large and consisted of two rooms, one of them facing Hyde Park and another with no windows. Breakfast was to be had there, not in the top floor restaurant (strange, usually when you get upgraded, it is possible to choose, where to eat breakfast). Breakfast from 7AM to around 11AM. Afternoon tea service after 2.30PM. And supper items after 6PM. Booze was available after 12AM (beer, wines, sparkling) and heavier stuff after 6PM (hidden in caraffes). Obviously, as Finns, we did not overlook that compliment

Service during the stay was courteous to the most part, but the concierge desk fellas were not very responsive. Rather talked to the phone or counted coins instead of responding to the clients waiting. I had to arrange transportation to the LGW and the only alternative they could offer was a private hire costing 85 pounds. Should have taken the Gatwick Express - timewise, moneywise, and to save the nerves... a maniac driver.

There are always cabs waiting in the front of hotel and the nearest tube station is about 400 metres away. The traffic arrangements in front of the hotel are not planned for pedestrians. You better have to look to the right and left before passing the streets. Walk to the Piccadilly Circus took about 20 minutes and was easiest following the Piccadilly.

The cheapest rates during that stay would have been around 400 euros per night. We enjoyed the hotel and as for an award stay, the 120 000 points were in my opinion well spent.

Last edited by TTL; Oct 4, 2008 at 7:49 am
Old Oct 4, 2008, 8:20 am

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Originally Posted by TTL
A cab from Heathrow to the hotel cost 50 pounds.
I have taking to riding the HEX to Paddington and then grabbing a cab there- cuts the cost down considerably and the time impact is negligible. Although you have a lot of luggage the journey from the air terminal to the train station can be a schlep.

Originally Posted by TTL
Obviously, as Finns, we did not overlook that compliment
Old Oct 4, 2008, 9:03 am
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest
Originally Posted by pauleeepaul
I have taking to riding the HEX to Paddington and then grabbing a cab there- cuts the cost down considerably and the time impact is negligible. Although you have a lot of luggage the journey from the air terminal to the train station can be a schlep.
OT: £16.50 per person per direction for HEX adds soon up. For avoiding inconveniences, in my opinion, a cab is a tolerable alternative to western or central locations in London. LGW Express, I however recommend - the streets and roads there are not for very smooth rides even outside the peak hours.
Old Oct 4, 2008, 10:28 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by TTL
LGW Express, I however recommend - the streets and roads there are not for very smooth rides even outside the peak hours.
I would definitely agree. I once took a black cab from the IC at Hyde Park Corner. It cost me GBP 105 and it took an hour and a half. A complete waste of money.
Old Oct 4, 2008, 1:53 pm

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
Originally Posted by Notenut
How did your Pl stay go?
Great property. Good staff and decent lounge. Nobu is right across the street, best thing for me Tube is fairly close, and Mayfair is right there. You can walk to alot of places near by or a quick taxi anywhere. Id recommend it to anyone coming to London. I took the tube from heathrow and walked to the hotel from Hyde Park Corner. PM me with any questions.
Old Oct 4, 2008, 6:52 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond
I was toying with the idea to do an award stay there since they have an Exec. Lounge but I have 1 child and the DD people tell me there is no way the PL will allow 3 people in a room- no sofa-bed, no roll-away. I have a res in the Trafalgar but they don't have a lounge, which I really would like to take advantage of considering the Pound/Dollar exchange rate (although it has gotten better in recent weeks).

Last edited by Notenut; Oct 6, 2008 at 6:30 am
Old Oct 4, 2008, 7:10 pm

Notenut,

We are dealing with the same issue. I decided to go ahead and get two rooms over Thanksgiving week at the PL for the lounge issue. It will be much easier on the wallet if we can have breakfast/snacks and drinks in the lounge. I'll be very disappointed if something happens, and we don't get access after spending the extra points for another room.

nonutrix
Old Oct 11, 2008, 11:19 am

Cool Book a 21 night stay in London and get 120,000 HHonors points

Hrm... just picked this up when i was checked out my HHonors Oct my way statement:

Three Luxurious Weeks in London Plus a Towering 120,000 Points

Enjoy a bonus as grand as London. Earn 120,000 Hilton HHonors® bonus points and a complimentary room upgrade* for a minimum 21-night stay at select Hilton hotels in London between now and 10 December 2008. You'll also receive complimentary Hilton daily breakfast and 4,000 BT Openzone wireless minutes, and Blue members will be automatically upgraded to Silver VIP status.

For a city of London's stature, a splendid three-week immersion is ideal (the 120,000 bonus points make it extra special). Make the world's most exciting city your home to fully experience its grandeur, history and beauty. There's simply no town like London Town, and no better time to go.

Book online now or book Plan Code PR22HM when making reservations through Hilton Reservations and Customer Care.

*Room upgrade is subject to availability upon check-in and does not apply to suites.

Hope if any of you have to come to London for business or can figure out any amazing rates with this rate code, to share this here...

Some deals I got up were:

Hilton Wembley Plaza 19 Nov-10 Dec - £82 per night = £1,722 = US$2,968.

US$3,693 x 10 hhonors base points = 29,685 + 50% diamond bonus = 44,534

+ 120,000 bonus = 164,534 HHonors points = just short of a GLONP.

Not that good, but still a neat earner, esp if work are paying...

Hilton Olympia for 19 Nov - 10 Dec, coming up at £109/night.

Last edited by kawoh; Oct 11, 2008 at 11:37 am
Old Oct 20, 2008, 1:59 pm

How have Diamond upgrades been going in London?

Will be in London this Friday and Saturday at Park Lane on award stay followed by a paid stay at Paddington on Sunday. Going to NFL game. Mainly looking for lounge access. I know that lounge access is supposed to be given per the T&C but inquiring anyway. Also is there free WiFi in the lounge? Thanks.
Old Oct 20, 2008, 4:12 pm

We will also be at the Park Lane on an award in November...also interested in responses.

nonutrix
Old Oct 20, 2008, 5:10 pm

Programs: CX DM, PR PE, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Stayed in Park Lane last year (Sept) and was given lounge access as Gold (then) staying on an award stay
Old Oct 20, 2008, 6:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
I'll pitch in for Cheap Elite.

A search on 'London, diamond' constrained to the last six months is quite productive, with numerous specific properties mentioned.
Old Oct 20, 2008, 7:18 pm

Thank you 3Cforme for responding but I had only seen the one reference to someone complaining and was then given an upgrade at the Park Lane. Nothing about the Paddington. Am I to take " I'll pitch in for Cheap Elite" as a cheap shot? I had done a search prior to posting, as I always do. Sometimes my query doesn't bring up the same responses as other posters but some of them did come up when I searched for London Paddington and Park Lane.
Old Oct 20, 2008, 7:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
2 paid stays at Paddington in the last two months, 1 night each stay, booked Double Deluxe Hilton guestroom for 2 people; both times upgraded to suites (1 jr, 1 full suite) w/Exec Lounge access w/both

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.