Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2015] DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near London {GBR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 21, 2015, 9:04 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Canarsie
This thread is for archived general discussion of Hilton HHonors Hotels in or near London, United Kingdom through 2012. For information and discussion on individual hotels, please refer to LINKS for Hilton HHonors Hotels in or near London, United Kingdom

To jump to the year in which you would like to search, please click on the desired years:
1999 | 2000 | 2001 | 2002 | 2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014
Print Wikipost

[ARCHIVE to 2015] DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near London {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2005, 5:31 pm

Programs: UA 2P (will be 0P next yr), HH Diamond (thank you Surpass Card!)
Thumbs up Kudos to the Park Lane

My reservation (for next week) also indicates "smoking", so I took the advice of those above and sent an e-mail yesterday to Mr. Shepherd. A very courteous, very pleasant message back from Ms. Rossodivita was already waiting in my mailbox first thing this morning.

She confirmed that we have been assigned a non-smoking room and that our record now shows an early (a VERY early ) arrival. She also stated that we have received an upgrade to a King Executive room, totally unrequested and unexpected by me! ^

Bravo to Mr. Shepherd and Ms. Rossodivita for their commitment to HHonors members.
Old May 21, 2005, 4:29 am

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
Atm

Agree with the others, use your ATM card while your there. It costs me $1.50 each time to withdraw the max amount (200 pounds per withdrawl) allowed by my Bank (and no charge from Barclays or Leicester). Stay away from the currency converter outfits. Love the UK. ^
Old May 21, 2005, 8:20 am

Programs: ua-mm *G, hilton-gold
be sure and go to a play. if you want to see THE LION KING, you can get advance tickets through ticketmaster uk. they will mail them to you. that show seems to always sell out in advance. for many of the other shows, you can get discounted tickets there.
Old May 23, 2005, 3:09 pm

London

Looking for current information (most of the postings from search are years old) regarding London hotels. I am a Diamond and will be traveling on rewards stay with a teenager in Aug. What's important? Location and Executive lounge (free food for the teenager). What hotel would be best for us?
Old May 23, 2005, 5:54 pm

Originally Posted by Jack
most of the postings from search are years old
I suggest you search again.
Old May 23, 2005, 6:52 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Try a Search for London on the Hilton HHonors forum.

You will come up with a page result that looks like this:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/searc...earchid=978074

A number of reports, questions and answers that IMO do not need to be discounted or ignored.
Old May 26, 2005, 5:29 pm
wth

Programs: 2011 Air: AA (Plat) UA (Prem); Hotel: HGP (Dia), HH (Dia), KIT (IC); Car: HZ (PC) AF
Have Some Campassion!

Originally Posted by UpgradeMe
I suggest you search again.
What an absolutely friendly and helpful post! NOT! At least JDiver offered constructive input and a lead. While I may sometimes share your frustrations, I try to avoid caustic, sarcastic responses. And anybody that knows me can tell you I am exercising considerable restraint as it is my nature to be sarcastic and cynical.
Old May 26, 2005, 6:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Mile Nobody, Marriott Platinum Elite, SPG Gold
With a teenager, I'd suggest the Park Lane if you can get it. Right across the street from Hyde Park, lots of stuff, especially for young people, going on there in summer. Concerts sometimes, boating on the Serpentine, and there's always going to look at the weirdos at Speakers Corner on Sundays! Close to tourist sites. Walk to lots of places, and a very safe area to let a teen go exploring on his own.

Next maybe Metropole or Paddington, though not really close to anything, but easy access to the tube.

You might also try Trafalgar. Right at Trafalgar Square, close to lots of stuff, always lots of activity in summer. Also good tube access.
Old May 27, 2005, 8:38 am

Smile

Have visited them all in London, with kids on pleasure and without on business.

Flyinbob has a point about the Park Lane Hilton with its location opposite Hyde Park. It has some great bars one of which in Polynesian style which should impresse a teenager - you even get a celebrity or two visiting it!

You could try the newly opened Waldorf which is convenient for Covent garden and theatre land. It is a very modern interior and perhaps would be great experience for you.

My kids favourite is the Metropole, (largest hotel by room allocation in Europe), ok it maybe isn't great located at the top of Edgeware Road,(some great Lebanese restaraunts within breathing distance), but this place has a buzz to it, even through into the night. The executive lounge is informal but well run, with a wide variety of eats and drinks throughout the day,certainly as good as Park Lane. Try and get one of the newly refurbished rooms in the East Wing. Oh! and one last thing, the Met has a pool, not huge but acceptable for a stretch and also Sauna, Steam facilities.
Enjoy London.
Old May 27, 2005, 3:00 pm

Thank you to all who replied with information and WTH. I sometimes dread asking questions on this site because you always see some mean spirited reply. I am sure that most questions have been asked and answered at some point, but sometimes you just want a quick answer, from someone who has recently been at that location. No one says you have to waste your time answering if you don't want to, so if the question bothers you just let it go.
Old May 27, 2005, 7:34 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors, Practical Travel Safety Issues & San Francisco

Programs: UA, Hilton, Priceline, AirBnB
evey poster is different ...

Originally Posted by Jack
Thank you to all who replied with information and WTH. I sometimes dread asking questions on this site because you always see some mean spirited reply. I am sure that most questions have been asked and answered at some point, but sometimes you just want a quick answer, from someone who has recently been at that location. No one says you have to waste your time answering if you don't want to, so if the question bothers you just let it go.
While you may have received a curt response, the LONDON Hiltons probably have the most posts of any threads - with the exception of the Hawaii properties. All your questions have been asked and answered by many posters, and while I agree that people should leave posts alone if it bothers them, it is a consisent frustration when posters don't use search properly or wisely.

We appreciate that you at least listed some qualities that were important to you which many posters don't, but it is also important to learn to use search functions.

I'm glad you have received some responses and know that FT'ers continue to give good informaiton.

squeakr
MOD Hilton
Old May 27, 2005, 7:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Mile Nobody, Marriott Platinum Elite, SPG Gold
Don't fret it Jack. You asked a very specific question that really isn't answered too well in prior posts I searched. That is what this forum is for. There will always be someone around to complain about everything.

By the way, you didn't mention if your teen was 13 or 18. Big difference in a city like London. Like touristy stuff of just want to "hang around"? Anyway, any of the ones that are mentioned in this thread would do you well. Good luck!
Old May 27, 2005, 8:38 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Please don't personalize it overly, Jack - I was curt, and even rude in failing to welcome you, but was in a hurry - didn't want to run the search myself, and did know there is lots of info on the lounges, etc.

Hilton Paddington is a good place for teens - easy to get to and from (LHR Express, several tube lines, good walking, rail to a number of destinations, interesting Art Nouveau decoration, a kind of idiosyncratic lounge in the basement that seems to have regular changes of food items, to begin with. And if they get hungry - the station has a variety of places one can get reasonable - for the UK - food of all kinds.)
Old May 29, 2005, 12:18 pm

JDiver is right to mention Hilton Paddington - it is a great hotel and extremely usefull for Airport - be aware, however, that outside theb hotel it is renowned as an attraction for prostitutes!
Old May 29, 2005, 1:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat
Maybe there should be a sticky for "What hotel should I choose" for London and Hawaii. Probably one for the Cavaleri also

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.