Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Garden Inn Twin Falls {US-ID}

Hilton Garden Inn Twin Falls {US-ID}

Old Mar 2, 2015, 7:37 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz
Original Poster

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Arrow Hilton Garden Inn Twin Falls {US-ID}

A one night stay at this property.

The hotel looks to be almost brand new, and the furnishings are very nice. Staff very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was a cut above the usual very-good HGI fare.

Hotel is about 4 miles from I-84.

Would gladly stay again.
Old Mar 2, 2015, 10:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by cblaisd

The hotel looks to be almost brand new, and the furnishings are very nice. Staff very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was a cut above the usual very-good HGI fare.

Would gladly stay again.
And you didn't call me. Naughty boy.
Old Mar 3, 2015, 7:05 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, United, Delta
+1. Good property. Good service. HGI isn't my fave - only because of the deflating mattresses - by staff and quality are good here.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 10:26 am

What is there to see or do in Twin Falls that make a visit to the HGI there worthwhile?
Old Mar 4, 2015, 11:23 am

Programs: AA Gold, WN A+ & CP, HH Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by cblaisd

Would gladly stay again.
When were you there? I was there Monday night (March 2nd).

Originally Posted by uncertaintraveler
What is there to see or do in Twin Falls that make a visit to the HGI there worthwhile?
I was there for work but did go see the Shoshone Falls. You could also see where Evil Knievel attempted his Snake River Jump. Or, if you are so inclined, you could go base jumping. I'm sure there's more.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 10:08 pm

Programs: National Executive, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Visitor
This was the nicest HGI I've stayed in. And I've stayed in so many HGIs...

I think it is actually 4-5 years old.

Quite a contrast to the one down in Elko, handfull of maintenance issues down there...
Old Mar 5, 2015, 8:02 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz
Original Poster

Originally Posted by philemer
And you didn't call me. Naughty boy.
Sorry. It was a complex and fast trip. Maybe next time

Originally Posted by Friendly Traveling Deathmerchant
+1. Good property. Good service. HGI isn't my fave - only because of the deflating mattresses - by staff and quality are good here.
I've had the opposite experience; my last few stays at HGIs the mattress was always too firm no matter what the setting. I also miss the real coffee cups.

Originally Posted by uncertaintraveler
I don't know, wasn't really visiting just stopping. The highway bridge over the Snake River canyon had a pretty cool view.

Originally Posted by justhere
When were you there? I was there Monday night (March 2nd).
March 1.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 2:52 pm

Programs: AA LifeTime PLT (2.982 MM, But 3MM+ Total), HHonors GOLD, IHG AMB
Originally Posted by justhere
You could also see where Evil Knievel attempted his Snake River Jump.
I will if he uses that rocket again. ^
Old Jun 15, 2015, 9:06 pm

Programs: UA1k3.00mm;AAex-EXP;Hy Glob;Acc Plt;HH Dia;Onyx Plt;Mar LT Tit;IHG DiAm;RR P;RRA G;BW D;Hcom G
Does anyone know if HHonors Golds get any benefits at this hotel? If not, I guess it's better to stay at the nearby Hampton Inn for a free bf? Thanks.
Old Jun 15, 2015, 10:48 pm
Original Poster

Breakfast is standard -- or 750 points -- at HGIs for Golds:

Hilton Garden Inn

750 HHonors Bonus Points per stay or a complimentary Hot Cooked-to-Order Breakfast for you and up to one additional guest registered to the same room each day of your stay

http://hhonors3.hilton.com/en/explor...its/index.html
Old Apr 27, 2016, 8:02 am

I'm mystified by the good reviews. I was expecting a brand new hotel. The lobby and whole entrance area certainly seems new, and grand - too grand even - but the rooms? How can this be new? It looks like they took used fixtures from old Hampton Inns, or took some old hotel and renamd it. It's worn and shabby.

I'm just baffled by this. Micro is barely working, bathroom looks old, carpet and walls look old.

I recently stayed in a Hampton inn and was surprised by their new and grand style. Very modern. I've always preferred the Hilton garden inns, but now it seems like the two chains are going in opposite directions.

Im truly perplexed by the discrepancy between what I see and what others are saying. I don't have time to look it up now but I recall one lone review on tripadvisor complaining that the room is worn, and the manager issuing some standard reply, whereas if the hotel were new he would say that. "We're new!".

Can anyone explain what's going on? This is sort of a general question about the chain too, since I rely on it. Thanks!
Old Apr 27, 2016, 10:13 am
Original Poster

You and I must have stayed in a different hotel.... It was one of the nicest HGI's I have stayed in.

I will always pick an HGI over a Hampton if the price is similar for the difference in breakfast alone and the real coffeemakers in-room
Old Apr 27, 2016, 8:41 pm

This is very strange.

OK, so old fashioned looking wallpaper. Brownish carpet in room. Bathroom fixtures non-modern, or not the latest shall we say. Micro really not the best.

I've stayed in so many HGIs, I just can't believe the one in TWIN FALLS, ID, U.S.A. (to be clear) is new.

It was quiet with a nice peaceful view, but the room screamed OLD.
Old May 1, 2016, 4:02 pm

I can see how the colors and fixtures in the HGI come off as old. The color of the carpet and the wallpaper do look to be aging fast. The large wood fixture with the refrigerator and microwave seems to be scuffed up a little sometimes (I always figured this was due to its location).

I think the HGI rooms need a refresh chainwide to have a more modern feel (and the mattresses really need to be replaced).
Old Apr 25, 2020, 12:32 am

HGI Twin Falls ID - free breakfast for all thru 5/30/20. Will/do other HGI's match?

Noticed a US Hilton Garden Inn (Twin Falls, ID) is doing Comp Breakfast for all guests now through May 30. It shows up in the "messages from hotel" when booking. Probably trying to keep staff employed and a nice gesture of appreciation to the few people still traveling.

Is this common?

Something to look for to make sure to set MyWay accordingly to get the points if this is a widespread practice at hotels that normally do not include comp breakfast.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.