Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Garden Inn London Heathrow Airport {GBR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Garden Inn London Heathrow Airport {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2018, 12:29 pm

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by florens
For some reason I haven't been able to check in via the app several times now, but only for this property. Is anyone else experiencing the same issue perhaps?
i cant do on line check in for any Hilton property via the app for a while now, I've been doing it via the website......bloody annoying!
Old Mar 24, 2018, 1:06 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
For some reason I haven't been able to check in via the app several times now, but only for this property. Is anyone else experiencing the same issue perhaps?
No issues here or anywhere else. Using Android.
Old Mar 24, 2018, 1:18 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Originally Posted by GentleGiant
No issues here or anywhere else. Using Android.
Ok. I use the iOS App. I might reinstall it to see if it works then. I've got another stay at another property on Monday so will see if the check in works through the app.
Old Mar 25, 2018, 11:27 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by wizla

i cant do on line check in for any Hilton property via the app for a while now, I've been doing it via the website......bloody annoying!
Technological neanderthal here; I've never done on line check in. When I inquired about it, I was assured that one cannot do OLCI without the app. I take it the desk clerk was mistaken?
Old Mar 25, 2018, 3:39 pm
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Originally Posted by serpens
Technological neanderthal here; I've never done on line check in. When I inquired about it, I was assured that one cannot do OLCI without the app. I take it the desk clerk was mistaken?
You can certainly do OLCI on the website; it's the only way to see the hotel floor plan properly. The app also takes about 20 seconds to load on my ipad, I only used it last year for the app booking bonus on points stays.
Old Mar 25, 2018, 3:44 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by :D!
You can certainly do OLCI on the website; it's the only way to see the hotel floor plan properly. The app also takes about 20 seconds to load on my ipad, I only used it last year for the app booking bonus on points stays.
Agree and seconded. I did OLCI for this hotel (and for most of my hilton stays) using the link from the email I get before the stay. No need for the app if you want to use OLCI.
Old Mar 26, 2018, 12:39 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by serpens
OLCI is Available via App and website, however I find the App easier and less complex than the website......when it was working for me of course but App not worked since around Xmas, I've tried reinstalling but no luck.
Old Mar 26, 2018, 7:40 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Thanks for the replies, :D!, KARFA, and wizla, concerning OLCI using a web browser. I guess those desk clerks are fallible after all.
wizla likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 3:31 am

another stay there tomorrow night. have just done app check in, picked my own room, all done with no problems.

EDIT: apple iphone 6s, iOS 11.2.6

Last edited by KARFA; Mar 27, 2018 at 3:40 am
Old Mar 27, 2018, 11:41 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Originally Posted by KARFA
another stay there tomorrow night. have just done app check in, picked my own room, all done with no problems.

EDIT: apple iphone 6s, iOS 11.2.6
Same phone and ios version here, too.
Old May 16, 2018, 2:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by AlienInTheFatherland
For what it's worth, note that there is also the 423 bus from T5 to Envoy Avenue, one stop before Hatton Cross Tube Station. Several advantages here - shorter walk at T5 (vs. Tube) shorter walk from bus stop to hotel (approx 100metres) and the bus is within the free of charge area at LHR. If you're using T5 I have found this to be the quickest, shortest and cheapest route. It works in both directions.
anybody else taken the 423 bus from T5? Sounds like the easiest and cheapest way to reach the hotel. What about getting to T3 in the morning?
Old May 16, 2018, 2:45 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
I usually take the tube to get to T3 early morning, as long as the luggage situation is manageable the walk to the station from the HGI is very short and it is one stop on the tube.
florens likes this.
Old May 16, 2018, 2:53 am

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
anybody else taken the 423 bus from T5? Sounds like the easiest and cheapest way to reach the hotel. What about getting to T3 in the morning?
you could do the bus from T5, so 423 which goes around the north side of the airport and get off at the stop just before Hatton Cross. Or take 482/490 which go around the south side of teh airport and get off at Hatton Cross. The TfL buses would be free.

Tbh I always take the tube to Hatton Cross and walk from there. It does cost about £1.60 I think. Also when boarding at T5 get in to the third carriage from the front so when you get to Hatton Cross you are next to the stairs. Same going from the hotel to T3, I would just get the tube.
mcgahat and Cymro like this.
Old May 16, 2018, 5:52 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
423 works well if you time it right but the tube is the most straightforwrd and still a third of the cost of the Hoppa.
Old May 16, 2018, 6:34 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by Cymro
423 works well if you time it right but the tube is the most straightforwrd and still a third of the cost of the Hoppa.
Indeed, and only if you are ok to ride for approx 15 mins in the bus as it does take a longer route than the other buses. The tube is the fastest and easiest.
For the return, I've not succeeded yet in trying out the bus because it is never clear which one to take.

Cheers!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.