Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Garden Inn London Heathrow Airport {GBR}

Old May 12, 2015, 10:14 am

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
Originally Posted by gav0106
Hi Spock Seat. You will arrive T3 if I am not mistaken. Anyway you will need to head to either central Bus Station and take bus 555 or X26, I think they are free, and will take about 12minutes - if someone can confirm

or take underground from T1/2/3 to Hatton Cross - £1.80/50 if you have oyster or contactless, then just the short walk to hotel
This is valuable information for me, but is the walk from Hatton Cross to the hotel safe for a woman to do by herself at 11 pm or should I take the bus?

Thanks very much.

lala
Old May 12, 2015, 2:42 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by lalala
This is valuable information for me, but is the walk from Hatton Cross to the hotel safe for a woman to do by herself at 11 pm or should I take the bus?

Thanks very much.

lala
If you aren't afraid of the tube station, the bus stop, or the parking lot of the hotel, there's no reason to be afraid of the walk. You use the crossover and walk in front of a garage and the hotel is around the corner.
Old May 12, 2015, 3:07 pm
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, BA Gold, IHG Gold, Oman Gold
Originally Posted by lalala

Thanks very much.

lala
Hey

Oh yes it is fine, there plenty people around the area, couple staff car parks etc and lots buses, it is not far to walk at all, you will be fine
Old May 14, 2015, 4:16 am

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia

Thanks all
Old May 14, 2015, 11:14 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
For what it's worth, I don't think that taking the bus from Hatton X to the hotel would work - you'd end up just as far away from the hotel after travelling to the stop on the other side, £1.50 poorer, arrive later, and have to walk through a darker, quieter area.
Old May 17, 2015, 11:04 am

Does anyone have an email address for the hotel? I need to contact them and because I am out of the country it is inconvenient to call. thanks
Old May 17, 2015, 12:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Originally Posted by travisw
Does anyone have an email address for the hotel? I need to contact them and because I am out of the country it is inconvenient to call. thanks
I don't have their email, but you can also call them through Skype from your laptop or phone (there is a Skype phone app). Skype calls to land lines from laptop work great.
Old May 17, 2015, 2:36 pm

What a great idea. Thanks!
Old May 18, 2015, 7:32 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, HH Diamond, Avis President's Club
Just to throw my two-pence in too - this is a very short and easy walk from Hatton Cross, providing you have worked out where to go as the hotel isn't initially visible when you walk out.

It isn't near a residential area at all so there's no risk of bumping into any local problematic characters late at night, just the occasional car whizzing past.

There's a footbridge to cross the road initially or you can chance it if you have a heavy bag (or are lazy like me).
Old Jun 13, 2015, 6:37 am

Programs: AA Life Plat 4mm, Hilton Diamond
We are taking a morning bus to Oxford, I see they have 2 pickup's Central Bus or T5 - are both equally easy to get to from the hotel? I think we will pre-book a time to be safe.
Old Jun 13, 2015, 9:04 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
If you don't mind a £1.50 tube ride with contactless or Oyster then I'd book from T5 as it's likely to be quicker (assuming that you don't wait too long for a train in Hatton Cross station and T5 is the second departure on the bus's route).

Central is easier to get to by free public bus and gives you more options, e.g., if a the tube were not operating.

The T5 bus stop is a *little* easier to get to from the tube, but there really isn't anything in it. T5 is two stops on the tube, Central only one.

Neither is a problem.
Old Jul 9, 2015, 7:10 am

Programs: AA Life Plat 4mm, Hilton Diamond
My wife and I just spent 2 nights here, we arrived very late on a BA flight then decided to do an Oxford day trip so spent a second night so we wouldn't have to take our luggage to Oxford. Here is our experience.

Went to tube ticket booth at LHR, very nice guy said go upstairs and get on the 285 for free or pay 4.5 pounds, I said I had heard 1.5 he said only with an Oyster card. We then went up to Central Bus and a 285 was right there, jumped on. A tip, right at the end when you see the hotel on the left push the red button and you will be dropped off directly across the street saving a 10 minute walk.

In the am we walked over to catch it back to Central, saw the x90 said Central Bus so we got on - no no no was told to get off because we didn't have a ticket - it must be the 285 luckily that bus was next; a bit embarrassing. We later figured out we could catch the 285 directly across the street from the hotel but did not see anyone do this so didn't try it.

As many have said a great option, our rate was around $78, also was give a slip for 2 beverages from the pantry.
Old Nov 24, 2015, 5:15 pm

What's the recommendation for transport going from here to T3 for a 9:30am flight?
Old Nov 24, 2015, 5:59 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by sig05
What's the recommendation for transport going from here to T3 for a 9:30am flight?
Go early on Tube, earlier if Sunday/holiday.
Old Nov 24, 2015, 6:25 pm

Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
Go early on Tube, earlier if Sunday/holiday.
Would be a Tuesday morning. What's the normal travel time from HGI to T3? Maybe 15-20 minutes or so door to door?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.