Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Garden Inn London Heathrow Airport {GBR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Garden Inn London Heathrow Airport {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2020, 4:38 am

Programs: BA Gold
RAPC your report is similar to our experience from 2 weeks ago.

Arrived at 18:30 and was told that our 6th floor room the we selected online for a 15:00 arrival (queen+sofa) wasn't clean yet and the only option was a king room (3 of us!) or 2 doubles on the 1st floor. My wife and I debated the options for a bit and then I went back to the desk where a different member of staff was now present and told me that the room we selected was still being cleaned but the adjacent identical room was available. I don't know if this is a staff training issue or something on the system that doesn't clearly show the available rooms.

By the time all that was sorted it was too late to go out so we had a quick meal in the bar which was pretty awful. The breakfast in the morning was a mess too, all our food was served cold (full English x2 and sausage bap) and they refused to recook it, only offered to warm it in the microwave.

I've stayed many times before where the service standard has been acceptable for the price paid so they are clearly struggling to cope currently. Perhaps scaling back the operation while they iron these issues out would be better than poor service which will disincline future business.
RAPC likes this.
Old Sep 1, 2020, 11:38 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
UNITED KINGDOM, LONDON, HEATHROW. August 31, 2020

Hilton Garden Inn London Heathrow Airport Hotel is delighted to announce the significant renovation of its 364-room hotel. As part of the Ł4.2 million renovation, all bedrooms have been refurbished, with 205 undergoing a light refurbishment and 159 undergoing a full refurbishment and upgrade to Deluxe King Rooms. Additional areas of focus include the reception, restaurant, bar, and gym. Four innovatively designed meeting rooms within the pavilion conferencing area in the gardens of the property have also been completely renovated. Further enhancements to the MICE offering include the creation of three additional meeting rooms within the main building and the renovation of a further three meeting rooms, creating a total of 10 bespoke meeting areas. Located just a five-minute walk from Hatton Cross Underground Station, the property presents a new approach to convenient hospitality for all Heathrow Terminals.
Full press release: https://www.hotelexecutive.com/newsw...rty-renovation
Old Sep 2, 2020, 3:45 am

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
Originally Posted by tom911

Have they gotten rid of the old bathtubs and put in walk-in showers ?
Old Sep 2, 2020, 3:52 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by est-gratuite
yes in the refurnished rooms i have stayed in.

i don't know if there may be a subset of refurbished rooms which retain bathtubs though which you may be able to request?
est-gratuite likes this.
Old Dec 8, 2020, 2:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Originally Posted by est-gratuite
Unable to say to what extent the 'shower revolution' proceeds, but my last stays has been in rooms with the refurbished walk-in shower.

As also mentioned a couple of times upthread, the HVAC system shuts off at it's own discretion (?) Checking in mid-afternoon last Saturday, I set the time for 18h, temp at 20.5 and fan speed 3 (of 3). Taking a 45 min walk outside a couple of hours later, finding the system shut down, not idle, bot actually off. Calling front desk, being assured this must have been a temporary fault, and as I already had got the system working again, no reason for concern (!)

Woke up Sunday morning in a c-o-l-d room, ok chilly, but 17 degrees is below my comfort zone. Bringing the matter up at check-out, the same FD agent blamed it all on 'The Engineers' who sets the system to go down after a pre-determined number of hours, regardless of time programmed by guest, "and they don't inform us about it".

Finding no reason to continue discussion with him, asked for the name/email of the FD Manager, and just sent an email to her for consideration and comments
Old Sep 16, 2021, 7:00 pm

Programs: Costco Club
Just wrapped up a week long stay here, let me know if you have any questions. I rather enjoyed it.
Old Sep 16, 2021, 7:24 pm

Originally Posted by StevenSeagalFan
Just wrapped up a week long stay here, let me know if you have any questions. I rather enjoyed it.
I guess my main question is what possessed you to spend a week in Hatton Cross? Did you transit into town or did you have local activities/work that you attended to. If the former, was was your transit methodology? I have never convinced myself to stay near Heathrow and commute into town...
Old Sep 16, 2021, 7:28 pm

Originally Posted by xooz
I guess my main question is what possessed you to spend a week in Hatton Cross? Did you transit into town or did you have local activities/work that you attended to. If the former, was was your transit methodology? I have never convinced myself to stay near Heathrow and commute into town...
I had some business at Heathrow (I'm in aviation consulting) that being said, this property was a short walk to Hatton Cross and then a direct train to most of the places in the city I wanted to go and took about 45-50 min which doesn't bother me, given the savings on staying here and the proximity to my work site and the fact I could get to town without having to think about it were my main motivations.
Schwann and wizla like this.
Old Sep 16, 2021, 7:32 pm

I had some business at Heathrow (I'm in aviation consulting) that being said, this property was a short walk to Hatton Cross and then a direct train to most of the places in the city I wanted to go and took about 45-50 min which doesn't bother me, given the savings on staying here and the proximity to my work site and the fact I could get to town without having to think about it were my main motivations.
Yes, I used to have staff that worked for me on Bath Road. Most of the time I stayed in West London and commuted out to work, rather than staying out that way. It was a great time... I really enjoyed staying in London every 6 weeks or so on the company dime!!
Old Sep 16, 2021, 8:27 pm
In memoriam

Programs: DL 2MM, AA MM, DL Sky Club Life, AA Admirals Club Life, Hilton Gold Life
So where do you eat at night for a week?
Old Sep 16, 2021, 8:39 pm

Originally Posted by Lomapaseo
So where do you eat at night for a week?
Usually in the city, after work, take the tube to the city, have a nice dinner and drinks and headed back to the hotel.
Old Sep 17, 2021, 2:06 pm

Programs: It's Complicated...
Usually in the city, after work, take the tube to the city, have a nice dinner and drinks and headed back to the hotel.
I like this hotel well enough but wouldn't want to take the tube into the city for dinner every evening from here.
Old Sep 17, 2021, 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by mcgahat
I like this hotel well enough but wouldn't want to take the tube into the city for dinner every evening from here.
Totally get it, to each their own, I don't mind it but can see it being inconvenient for most.
Old Nov 20, 2021, 5:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Has this hotel been fully refurbished? What is the best way to get to T3 with 2 suitcases from here?
Old Nov 21, 2021, 2:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by onlysuites
Has this hotel been fully refurbished? What is the best way to get to T3 with 2 suitcases from here?
Hi,

Taxi or Uber would be the easiest.

It is a short walk to Hatton cross underground station ( 5 mins) then 1 stop to Heathrow centrals ( T2/T3) and about 5 min walk via the underground connecting tunnels to T3 departures but you may have to deal with some steps.

The HGI Heathrow T2/T3 is closer to T3 ( walking distance) with luggage trolleys usually available but is priced at a premium
There is also the X55 fro Hatton Cross bus station to the Central Bus station in Heathrow ( then underground walk to T3) or the 555 from Envoy avenue ( behind the hotel ) to the central bus station

Regards

TBS

PS the hotel hoppa is running as modfied schedule from the HGI but is GBP 5.50 single and seems to stop at a lot more hotels so will be longer
https://www.hotelhoppa.co.uk/bus-services/h2a/
onlysuites likes this.

Last edited by The _Banking_Scot; Nov 21, 2021 at 2:24 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.