Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Garden Inn London Heathrow Airport {GBR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Garden Inn London Heathrow Airport {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2018, 11:48 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777

anybody else taken the 423 bus from T5? Sounds like the easiest and cheapest way to reach the hotel. What about getting to T3 in the morning?
For T3, take the 285 bus from Stop E on Faggs Road (on the same side of the road as the station building, but not inside the bus parking area).

If the timing is right, you can also take the 555 (not a London bus, it's white and red) from Stop C in front of the station entrance. This comes approximately once an hour.

The X26 bus also goes to T3, but it is not free despite being a TfL bus.

I prefer the bus to the tube, but if you're in a rush then most of the time it will be faster to pay for the tube to T3. However 2 years ago I missed a flight from T5 because I entered the tube station to see a train pulling away; if I had left the station immediately (paying something like Ł15 on my Oyster to go nowhere) I could have caught the 482 or 490 and still made BA conformance, but the indicator said 8 minutes to the next tube, which became 18 minutes and by then it was too late.
Old Oct 11, 2018, 9:50 am

Programs: Hilton Honors; Finnair Plus; Eastern Miles; Revarew
My personal view on this hotel - I've stayed there twice now, before and after a flight. Both times the room was spotlessly clean and damn near silent - the level of soundproofing to outside of the hotel is impressive given planes fly almost directly overhead it at all hours, we barely heard anything from within the room - it also looked out directly onto the airport which was a nice enough thing to do for an evening. The in-house restaurant is decent if slightly pricier than average.

Getting to and from Heathrow via the Tube is both quick and cheap - it's a five minute walk along a reasonably well-lit and relatively quiet road to Hatton Cross and from there one stop to Heathrow. I had no trouble either getting to the airport early in the morning, getting to the hotel from the Heathrow Express or getting back to it at night. Frankly, Ł1.50 on contactless to get the Piccadilly line to any of the terminals completely obviates the need for the ridiculously expensive Hotel Hoppa bus, but then I also had no problem lugging a suitcase up and down the steps at Hatton Cross - people who can't do that may have a different view.

Breakfast is incredible, probably the best breakfast spread I've seen in any hotel, ever, anywhere, certainly any Hilton. The only issue I really had was waiting for someone to check me out, since there was only one person on the desk who seemed absorbed in a long and annoying-sounding enquiry, but the key drop off point worked just as well after I gave up. I'd unconditionally recommend this to anyone - for the price it can be booked for (I booked a stay there recently for Ł49 for the night, Honors discount advance purchase room only) I cannot think why anyone would bother booking a Travelodge or Premier Inn for only a tenner or so less. It's leagues above those in every single way, both in convenience and quality. The fact it has the digital key now just cements that.
Old Oct 11, 2018, 11:58 am

Programs: QR P; TK E; FB S; BA S; UA S; MB LTT; HH D; IHG DAmb
Welcome to (posting to) FlyerTalk, Bloonface! I agree that this is a decent Heathrow hotel, although personally I don't think the breakfast is quite as incredible as you rate it - but it's a good spread, nonetheless.

I tend to use the (free) TfL buses rather than the Tube to get to/from T2/T3/T5. The bus stops outside the hotel (on Envoy Avenue) are quite convenient, and as long as you check the timetable beforehand you can be in/out of the hotel with little wait-time.
Old Oct 11, 2018, 2:16 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Zinzan
I tend to use the (free) TfL buses rather than the Tube to get to/from T2/T3/T5. The bus stops outside the hotel (on Envoy Avenue) are quite convenient, and as long as you check the timetable beforehand you can be in/out of the hotel with little wait-time.
I had planned to use the Tube, but the strike caused me to use the bus. Aside from taking a bit longer to get to T5, it was painless. If several people boarded with large bags, there might be an issue.

And the room was quiet. The HGI does have good soundproofing.
Old Oct 11, 2018, 5:05 pm

Programs: It's Complicated...
Originally Posted by Bloonface

Breakfast is incredible, probably the best breakfast spread I've seen in any hotel, ever, anywhere, certainly any Hilton.
Welcome and thanks for posting your feedback.
I agreed with everything you said with the exception of this. It isnt bad but nowhere near the best.
Old Oct 12, 2018, 7:16 am

Programs: BA EC Gold, Hilton Diamond
... the level of soundproofing to outside of the hotel is impressive ... .
Granted.

... given planes fly almost directly overhead it at all hours ... .
Well, almost none between 2300 and 0430.

https://www.heathrow.com/noise/heath.../night-flights
Old Oct 12, 2018, 9:24 am

Programs: LH FF, BA Blue these days, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP
My go-to hotel at Heathrow for the past two years - mainly because of proximity to Hatton Cross tube. Probably done 20 stays there this year and got a couple of stays coming up. The hotel is nothing special but as the previous poster says rooms are a decent size, clean and comfortable whilst external noise is very low. It can get very crowded - particularly when there is flight disruption as it is definitely one of the first to fill up with stranded passengers.

Breakfast is fine - the chap who does the omelettes knows exactly how I like mine now - but I do think the best breakfast ever is definitely over the top IMHO.

Big plus is the front of house team who are great!
Old Nov 12, 2018, 5:45 am

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
There is a business centre at this hotel on the ground floor with 2 computers and a printer. Access is with a room key. Computer use and printing are both free.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 2:31 pm

Windows at this cannot be opened.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 2:34 pm

For those of you coming or going to Hatton Cross tube (metro) station nearby - Is there a way to walk to/from the station without having to climb up all the stairs tp the footbridge over the main road ?

I could not see a pedestrian crosswalk on ground level anywhere.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 2:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by est-gratuite
Windows at this cannot be opened.
Sadly a lot of properties are going this direction.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 9:06 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
For those of you coming or going to Hatton Cross tube (metro) station nearby - Is there a way to walk to/from the station without having to climb up all the stairs tp the footbridge over the main road ?

This route includes one pedestrian crosswalk.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 10:46 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond

yes you can avoid the stairs. See post 70 https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/show...5&postcount=70
Old Nov 13, 2018, 11:15 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Originally Posted by KARFA

yes you can avoid the stairs. See post 70 https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/show...5&postcount=70
Oh, there is a back entrance. Good to know! ^
Old Nov 14, 2018, 2:55 am

Thank you to florens and KARFA.
I will try that next time I stay there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.