Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Best Rate Guarantee or BRG

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 27, 2015, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ekozie
We are trying to collate a list of the websites that Hilton's Best Rate Guarantee team consider eligible for the BRG. Please update the following wiki with you successful/rejected BRG claims.

^Successful BRG claims have been made against:
muchoviaje.com - 26/09/2016
expedia.co.uk - 26/09/2016, Jan 2018
Expedia.com (US) - 18/09/2017
Expedia.ca - 1/20/18
happyrooms.com - 30/09/2016, 25/Jan/2017, 28/Jan/2017, 27/Feb/2017, 23/July/2017
hotelscombined.com - 17/Jan/2017
priceline.com (standard booking, not a bid or express booking)- 05/Oct/2016, 15/May/2017, 22/Apr/2018, 22/Oct/18, 25/Nov/18
prestigia.com - 24/Jan/2017
orbitz.com - Dec 2017
prestigia.com - Dec 2017, January 2018
nustay.com - Feb 2020

Unauthorised Sites for BRG Claim:
roomertravel.com - 16/09/2016
prestigia.com - 27/09/2016 - 'does not instantly confirm'
hoteltravel.com - August 2016 - " there have been discrepancies in the way the website has been displaying prices recently, and we are not satisfied that the website's processes are fair and transparent."
destinia.com - 29/09/2016 - 12 EUR Administration Fee for any cancellation vs Hilton Fully Flex
Travel.AmericaExpress.co.uk - 29/09/2016 Amex Card holders only
Bedfinder.com 6/8/17 - The third party site bedfinder.com is no longer considered to be valid
skoosh.com - denied 10//4/18

BRG claims on non-refundable rates are a gamble at best. Hilton can ask 3rd party sites to remove rates when they "sell unbundled wholesale rates", and screenshots are no longer sufficient proof. You will end up with the non-refundable rate booked, if the rate is gone when your claim is being reviewed.

On 18 November 2014 (see post #1261 of the archived thread), the HHonorsRepresentative listed 15 third-party websites that were 'no longer authorized to distribute our hotels’ static rates':
  • Alpharooms.com
  • Amoma.com
  • Cleartrip.com
  • Despegar
  • Elvoline
  • Galahotels
  • Hotelpronto.com
  • Jumbotours
  • LMT.com
  • Secretescapes
  • Simplytravel.de
  • TravelRepublic
  • Wego
  • Worldwideholidays.com.au

However, on 19 December 2014 (see post #3 of this thread), the HHonorsRepresentative announced a change of policy, stating that:
Originally Posted by HonorsRepresentative
Moving forward, we will approve claims from these sites as long as the offered rates meet the other BRG requirements we have in place, as we recognize that this is in the best interest of our members.

The Best Rate Guarantee exists so that our guests feel confident going to Hilton Worldwide channels to find the best rates that we offer. We strive for pricing accuracy in all our channels, and the BRG helps identify when that is not the case.
The HonorsRepresentative has not issued any subsequent statement suggesting another change of policy and a return to the previous 'blacklist'.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the late 2014/2015 BRG thread - for the original thread please check here

Hilton Best Rate Guarantee, or BRG: The Definitive Thread

Thanks!

Squeakr
for the HH Mod Team of squeakr, Canarsie and Kiwi Flyer
--------
Print Wikipost

Hilton Best Rate Guarantee or BRG

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2019, 4:38 am

It's exponentially more difficult for Hilton's BRG agents to deny a pre-paid claim when the bedding/room type is an exact match. There's no cancellation policy difference to consider, which is most often the sticking point. As long as they can replicate the rate, of course.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 4:01 pm

Programs: DL , AC, BA, Hhonors Diamond, IH Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by flyme2
It's exponentially more difficult for Hilton's BRG agents to deny a pre-paid claim when the bedding/room type is an exact match. There's no cancellation policy difference to consider, which is most often the sticking point. As long as they can replicate the rate, of course.
True, but we just saw an example of someone denied on a pre-paid rate because the Hilton rate was listed as "sale."

Really, there are no depths too low for them to stoop. The only way to deal with it is to see it as a hunt. Sometimes you bag your prey; sometimes they get away. Gotta roll with the punches or you'll go crazy.
escape4 likes this.
Old Jul 25, 2019, 5:56 pm

Programs: AA (Exec Plat), ANA (Plat), Club Carlson (Gld), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Plat), SPG (Gld)
Well, I have had my own drama with Hilton's Best Price Guarantee. It was for a refundable rate. Had to submit the claim and then reply to their denial three times before it was supposedly approved. They denied it the first two times for all kinds of crazy reasons that weren't valid. I say supposedly because while the Best Rate Guarantee department said it was approved and mentioned the new lower rate plus 25% savings, they also promised that the hotel would update the rate and send an email to me with that new rate within 72 hours. However, it is well past 72 hours, more like over a week, and I never received the email from Hilton and the reservation rate reflected on the Hilton website is still the original rate pre price match guarantee. If it isn't resolved by the end of next week I will reach out to Hilton to find out what the holdup is. If that doesn't resolve the issue then guess I am going to have to reach out to my local congressman or senator since I don't think there are any regulators who would look into the case and doubt the media would be interested in just one case. However, when looking at pricing I did discover some interesting things about hotel pricing strategies that perhaps the media may be interested in and why Best Rate Guarantee's in general are really just fluff marketing and rarely save consumers any money.
Old Jul 25, 2019, 6:03 pm

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
I concur with others here: since I abandoned claims on flexible rates and focused on prepaid ones, my approval rate has skyrocketed.

Nonrefundable rates seem to be more prevalent on OTAs so they tend to stick around long enough to be approved, and they can't be denied based on ridiculous criteria as when a deposit is due, or whether the cancellation terms are off by 1 minute.
Old Jul 25, 2019, 6:04 pm

Programs: ANA,Qantas,asiamiles,Royal Skies,Enrich
Follow up with them on Twitter. They are pretty responsive
Old Jul 26, 2019, 10:10 am

Had one rejected from trip.com because you have to log in to trip for the prices to be displayed and hilton dont price match sites where you have to log in?

Ironic, considering you have to log in to hilton to get the lower prices.
Old Jul 27, 2019, 2:08 am

Programs: DL , AC, BA, Hhonors Diamond, IH Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by teo1991
Follow up with them on Twitter. They are pretty responsive
Care to elaborate? E.g., what twitter handle? How exactly to complain via Twitter?
Old Jul 27, 2019, 3:41 am

Programs: ANA,Qantas,asiamiles,Royal Skies,Enrich
Originally Posted by hotturnip
Care to elaborate? E.g., what twitter handle? How exactly to complain via Twitter?
@hiltonhotels is the twitter handle
tweet them and say you have an issue and DM them the details
hotturnip likes this.
Old Jul 28, 2019, 10:06 am

Programs: VA Gold
First try at a Hilton BRG/PMG this morning. It took 5 calls to 5 different agents and about two hours of time. But eventually I found an agent who knew what they were doing and were willing to be talked through how to get the cheaper rate, via Agoda for an advance purchase non refundable rate.

One agent could not find the price I could, but invented some other bizarre amount to take 25% off and tried to pull the wool over my eyes. One claimed I could only match a flexible booking. Others were just hopeless.In the end I called up the last time and just spelled out everything and it worked out after a final 20 minute call.

Hilton.com $920 incl tax
Agoda.com $830 incl tax
Final cost was about $620 incl tax (USD)

It took a lot of time but very happy in the end to have got what I wanted. It was the difference between going on a little holiday or not for me, so well and truly appreciated.
Old Jul 28, 2019, 4:28 pm

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, QR Privilege Club, MB LT Plt (1K+ nights thx MB)
I still dont understand why Hilton dont adapt the old SPG BRG T&C. Then its only one rate per room cat. that is eligible for PRG and you can reduce the necessity for call in to a minimum siince you book flex but PRG against lowest rate not perfect but much more efficient set up.
In stead they have adapted T&C that requires a call center set up, quite in effective if you ask me ..1980s style...
Old Jul 28, 2019, 5:26 pm

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
Can anyone share the logistics of getting a prepaid rate adjusted for a successful BRG claim? The old rate still showing on my reservation, and I was told at checkout I would be refunded the difference into my credit card. Does it really work, or should I brace myself for one of those lengthy checkouts...?
Old Jul 28, 2019, 7:12 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by RafKa
Can anyone share the logistics of getting a prepaid rate adjusted for a successful BRG claim? The old rate still showing on my reservation, and I was told at checkout I would be refunded the difference into my credit card. Does it really work, or should I brace myself for one of those lengthy checkouts...?

​​​I had my non-refundable BRG claim done before I booked, not after. I did this for the exact reason you mentioned... Didn't want to be bothered with the runaround and excuses of adjusting the difference after the fact .

My suggestion to you is to contact Hilton via social media of FB or Twitter as other users have mentioned to follow up. Twitter seems like the best option. I wouldn't even bother wasting time trying to contact the hotel. Get the social media team involved so you can take care of it quickly
RafKa likes this.
Old Jul 28, 2019, 7:48 pm

Originally Posted by Cat88L3
​​​I had my non-refundable BRG claim done before I booked, not after. I did this for the exact reason you mentioned... Didn't want to be bothered with the runaround and excuses of adjusting the difference after the fact .
I concur that claiming over the phone prevents these situations, but on this occasion I just didn't have the time to spend up to 2h on the phone until I could find an agent who would be competent enough to execute: at least the online claim routes it to more "specialized" CSR agents.
Old Jul 29, 2019, 2:43 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by RafKa
Unfortunately, in my experience there is not a single and consistent outcome. Sometimes I got a check in the mail, sometimes the difference is refunded on my credit card but the timing is not uniform, sometimes it's resolved before check-out and they proactively adjust the rate, sometimes it's resolved at check-out, and sometimes it's resolved after check-out!
RafKa likes this.
Old Jul 29, 2019, 3:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by escape4
Unfortunately, in my experience there is not a single and consistent outcome. Sometimes I got a check in the mail, sometimes the difference is refunded on my credit card but the timing is not uniform, sometimes it's resolved before check-out and they proactively adjust the rate, sometimes it's resolved at check-out, and sometimes it's resolved after check-out!
I recall once I had a BRG finally approved after I had already checked in! The refund magically made it back to my credit card somehow...
escape4 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.