Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Best Rate Guarantee or BRG

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 27, 2015, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ekozie
We are trying to collate a list of the websites that Hilton's Best Rate Guarantee team consider eligible for the BRG. Please update the following wiki with you successful/rejected BRG claims.

^Successful BRG claims have been made against:
muchoviaje.com - 26/09/2016
expedia.co.uk - 26/09/2016, Jan 2018
Expedia.com (US) - 18/09/2017
Expedia.ca - 1/20/18
happyrooms.com - 30/09/2016, 25/Jan/2017, 28/Jan/2017, 27/Feb/2017, 23/July/2017
hotelscombined.com - 17/Jan/2017
priceline.com (standard booking, not a bid or express booking)- 05/Oct/2016, 15/May/2017, 22/Apr/2018, 22/Oct/18, 25/Nov/18
prestigia.com - 24/Jan/2017
orbitz.com - Dec 2017
prestigia.com - Dec 2017, January 2018
nustay.com - Feb 2020

Unauthorised Sites for BRG Claim:
roomertravel.com - 16/09/2016
prestigia.com - 27/09/2016 - 'does not instantly confirm'
hoteltravel.com - August 2016 - " there have been discrepancies in the way the website has been displaying prices recently, and we are not satisfied that the website's processes are fair and transparent."
destinia.com - 29/09/2016 - 12 EUR Administration Fee for any cancellation vs Hilton Fully Flex
Travel.AmericaExpress.co.uk - 29/09/2016 Amex Card holders only
Bedfinder.com 6/8/17 - The third party site bedfinder.com is no longer considered to be valid
skoosh.com - denied 10//4/18

BRG claims on non-refundable rates are a gamble at best. Hilton can ask 3rd party sites to remove rates when they "sell unbundled wholesale rates", and screenshots are no longer sufficient proof. You will end up with the non-refundable rate booked, if the rate is gone when your claim is being reviewed.

On 18 November 2014 (see post #1261 of the archived thread), the HHonorsRepresentative listed 15 third-party websites that were 'no longer authorized to distribute our hotels’ static rates':
  • Alpharooms.com
  • Amoma.com
  • Cleartrip.com
  • Despegar
  • Elvoline
  • Galahotels
  • Hotelpronto.com
  • Jumbotours
  • LMT.com
  • Secretescapes
  • Simplytravel.de
  • TravelRepublic
  • Wego
  • Worldwideholidays.com.au

However, on 19 December 2014 (see post #3 of this thread), the HHonorsRepresentative announced a change of policy, stating that:
Originally Posted by HonorsRepresentative
Moving forward, we will approve claims from these sites as long as the offered rates meet the other BRG requirements we have in place, as we recognize that this is in the best interest of our members.

The Best Rate Guarantee exists so that our guests feel confident going to Hilton Worldwide channels to find the best rates that we offer. We strive for pricing accuracy in all our channels, and the BRG helps identify when that is not the case.
The HonorsRepresentative has not issued any subsequent statement suggesting another change of policy and a return to the previous 'blacklist'.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the late 2014/2015 BRG thread - for the original thread please check here

Hilton Best Rate Guarantee, or BRG: The Definitive Thread

Thanks!

Squeakr
for the HH Mod Team of squeakr, Canarsie and Kiwi Flyer
--------
Print Wikipost

Hilton Best Rate Guarantee or BRG

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2019, 10:47 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, KF Elite Gold, GHA Black
Originally Posted by teo1991
Got another PMG claim honoured
Conrad Centennial Singapore
date of stay:early May
Premium Twin room
Hliton rate:SGD383.95++
competing rate:SGD 315.22
final adjusted rate SGD 235.35++
PMG with which site?
Old Mar 15, 2019, 1:12 pm

Programs: BAEC, Flying Club, HHonors, Gold Passport, IHG Rewards, Le Club Accor, Club Carlson
Had a claim denied because the website I was on did not show the per night rate without tax included. Other than that it was a match. Honestly, do not know why they bother with this, it just antagonises.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 11:25 pm

Programs: DL , AC, BA, Hhonors Diamond, IH Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by gijoe24jp
OMG, Hilton CSR is really incompetent. I finally received a reply for my third and last BRG claim. And they denied me because they believed the Hilton rate was cheaper than the OTA rate, EXCEPT NOT. The CSR used the pre-tax rate for Hilton and compared it with the post-tax rate from OTA. What kind of comparison is that? I thought you need to an apple-to-apple comparison in order to be fair right?
You have to reply and break it down for them. Talk to them like they're in second grade and explain what they got wrong. I had to argue back and forth on two of my successful ones.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 4:54 am

Programs: ANA,Qantas,asiamiles,Royal Skies,Enrich
Originally Posted by webbyboy
PMG with which site?
trip.com
Old Mar 16, 2019, 6:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by teo1991

trip.com
Somebody approved Ctrip? Wow! Must be a newbie not fully trained in denying claims for spurious reasons.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 4:45 pm

Price match 25% - garbage!!

Has anyone been successful in getting this price match and 25% off?

I've been sent 4 emails so far first accepting and saying they'll refund x amount. Then changing that amount to y and saying they can only send it via a cheque and asking me to confirm the address. Then a third saying I don't qualify because the rate is only 1% lower. Then the fourth pointing to a clause with 1%.

Funny thing is, the rate I originally notified them is still available online and the total is more than 4% lower. First, as a Diamond, I'm mad at someone being able to find a lower fare elsewhere. Second, their management of this is absolutely appalling from a service organization's point of view.

Another flaw of this is they manually process these claims and when they look up the links submitted via the claim form, those rates may change. I think they need to have a form where we can upload screen grabs.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 5:38 pm

Programs: AA PLTPRO, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
I recently had a successful price match and received the 25% off. In fact, I wouldn't have booked without the match - the price was a little much otherwise.
However, I did via telephone and prior to booking, which I think is a nice option compared to the other hotel chains where you have to book first and then submit.
At least I was able to walk the telephone agent through the process.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 6:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Ny8wolf
I think they need to have a form where we can upload screen grabs.
I agree that the process on this leaves a lot less than desired but relying just on screenshots would be ripe for fraud.
writerguyfl likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 7:20 pm

Originally Posted by OskiBear
I recently had a successful price match and received the 25% off. In fact, I wouldn't have booked without the match - the price was a little much otherwise.
However, I did via telephone and prior to booking, which I think is a nice option compared to the other hotel chains where you have to book first and then submit.
At least I was able to walk the telephone agent through the process.
I wasn't aware that this could be done over the phone! Terms page mentions only one option to do this via the form.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 7:23 pm

Originally Posted by indufan
I agree that the process on this leaves a lot less than desired but relying just on screenshots would be ripe for fraud.
The current process is obviously subjected to fraud! Isn't it possible that they can manage the availability to their partners that would change the price shown on partner websites later (when they validate)?!
Old Mar 18, 2019, 7:37 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
I have been 4 out of 6 successful with price matching. These were all at different times throughout a period of 4 months. 1 was done after I already booked a refundable suite. The other 3 were done before I booked. With all 4, I have called over the phone to get it done.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 12:51 am

Programs: AAA & himton honors
Hilton’s best rate guarantee is a scam class action is necessary

I have repeatedly, meticulously, and methodically tested this best rate guarantee and it is denied every time. Everybody who has fallen victim to this misleading fraudulent scheme, how about a class action? Google “Hilton best rate guarantee is a lie”
Hilton best rate guarantee a scam” see Hilton’ resorts own FB reviews from irate customers that have wasted time trying to get them to make good on their best rate guarantee. It is only there to make customers “ feel like” they are getting the best rate, not actually getting it!
Old Mar 19, 2019, 8:12 am

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
What reasons for denial have you been given? Did the site or agency you find the lower price at fit the requirements?

The way they advertise it is ...... but the rules are well defined.

Originally Posted by Alexandra Fromann
I have repeatedly, meticulously, and methodically tested this best rate guarantee and it is denied every time. Everybody who has fallen victim to this misleading fraudulent scheme, how about a class action? Google “Hilton best rate guarantee is a lie”
Hilton best rate guarantee a scam” see Hilton’ resorts own FB reviews from irate customers that have wasted time trying to get them to make good on their best rate guarantee. It is only there to make customers “ feel like” they are getting the best rate, not actually getting it!
Old Mar 19, 2019, 8:30 am

Programs: HH Dia, IHG Dia Amb, MB Ti, WoH G, OWE
Hilton Kuala Lumpur (4D3N)
Hilton nightly rate: MYR 494++
Hotels.com: MYR 470++
Adjusted rate: MYR 352++

Notes: check-in tomorrow (less than 24hrs upon PMG submission), immediate action by Twitter team after about 3hrs no response.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 8:25 pm

Originally Posted by hotturnip
I seem to recall the instructions for the PMG tell you to go all the way through on the booking screen to where you fill in your name. Did you do that?

Yes, they really do look for excuses, but I've always been able to wear them down. (I'm 5 for 5 on these claims.) But be warned: this policy is NOT based on any kind of overriding principle (e.g., we want you to book directly with us, so we'll beat any cheaper rate). Thus, even if the refundable rate is cheaper and less restrictive than Hilton's non-refundable, no dice. One must abide by the letter of the law--to hell with any principles or common sense.
An update, after another day of sending email responses, I was able to get it approved--I really hate harping on employees by email. But after sending 4 screenshots (over 13 different email exchanges) and insisting that I did indeed have an eligible rate at the time I made the BRG claim online. But jeez, lesson learned this is not an easy and straightforward process. They are really hoping you will give up and go away.

So I guess I can chalk this up as a success!
Yoshi212 and dagangwood like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.