Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2018] Hilton Best Rate Guarantee or BRG

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2018] Hilton Best Rate Guarantee or BRG

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2018, 12:15 am

Programs: DL , AC, BA, Hhonors Diamond, IH Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by marko4ever29
I'm having issues too guys it seems the new excuse to deny claims is that well your not allowed to compare a room with breakfast because your status gives you free breakfast and then they have advised galahotels.com is no longer eligible as they may charge an additional fee on a non refundable rate - i dont think so! Then when they can't think of any other reason they hang up.
Based on my limited experience, I would never call them. Only use email.
Old Oct 31, 2018, 5:13 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Originally Posted by hotturnip
Did you check your Spam folder? That's where the responses are going.
Yes I did thanks. Still nothing though.
Old Nov 1, 2018, 3:00 am

You don't need existing reservation for making BRG reservation over the phone. However, phone connectivity from their call center was a seriously issue. In my case, between my and the Citi Concierge that worked on my case, we spent totaled 2 hours and 40 minutes on the phone. Two of the agents got disconnected while checking the term of the rate, and three of the agents we reached said they will match the rate after verified the rate & the terms, but all 3 calls got disconnected before the reservation was made. And when we called back, different agent gave different answer and has no record of previous agent, so they had to check the rate term and cancellation policy all over again. And the two agents that wouldn't do price match each provide their own absurd reasons. Such as "priceline has incorrect pricing, we won't match incorrect pricing" to "priceline may charge additional fee, so we can't do price match. You need to contact priceline to see if they charge additional fee." Anyhow, I was able to get the price match in the end based on the refundable rate plus 25% discount from the BRG program after I made a refundable reservation and file the online claim form with the assistance from Hilton social media reps, who were delightful, efficient, extremely helpful and profession to interact with.

Originally Posted by ExpatSomchai
Well that was a waste of 1 hour on the phone with a Filipino call center operator. Tried against Trip.com and was told after every other possible excuse that it was on the excluded list. Absolutely ridiculous and prior to that, although it was previously stated 2 days flexibility on cancellations, that one day out is now not accepted. Given up for the moment as it's a waste of time and effort.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 2:31 pm

Programs: US air -chairman, SPG-Plat, Hyatt - Dmnd, Hilton -Dmnd, Hertz - five star
They’re a joke. Tried to do price match via phone from hoteltonight ($89 vs $159) and apparently they don’t match from hoteltonight because you need to put your credit card in and this site is in their “do not match” list. That’s the lamest denial response I ever heard. I mean which site you don’t need to put your credit card in? All of them require it. Joke joke joke.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 6:47 am

I tried to claim BPG against a rate I found on Agoda mobile app. I was denied by the reservation team because they claimed that they did not have mobile devices and thus any claim against rate found on mobile app would not be allowed. Were they correct? I didn’t see any exclusion of mobile app rate in the T&Cs. Thank you
Old Nov 5, 2018, 8:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by appledabble
I tried to claim BPG against a rate I found on Agoda mobile app. I was denied by the reservation team because they claimed that they did not have mobile devices and thus any claim against rate found on mobile app would not be allowed. Were they correct? I didn’t see any exclusion of mobile app rate in the T&Cs. Thank you
You need to understand that Hilton's BRG team are trained to invent excuses to deny claims. T&Cs only come into it when they can be used to deny the claim. Otherwise you can expect dropped calls, "can't find the rate", etc.

Agoda is also cheating on how it displays room rates, so you also need to double-check the total, all-in rate.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 10:44 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
For the first time, I tried to call in for BRG before making a pre-paid booking. The entire experience on the phone was painful and the agent kept trying to convince me to book online and submit the form, which I initially resisted because I was calling specifically to avoid having to take a chance and do it online. After some arguing the phone line was disconnected. I did not want to bother calling again so I rolled the dice, made the booking online, and submitted the claim form and the claim was approved. If I am not mistaken, I am now 4/4 with BRG claims on pre-paid rates.

While I would prefer to go the safe route and handle this on the phone before booking, as long as I remain relatively successful filing online claims, I can't complain; it's less hassle than calling in and my recent experience with Hilton's BRG has been better than with Marriott.
Old Nov 22, 2018, 1:02 pm

Programs: UA, QF, VS, AA, US, HH, SPG
Well here's my story - I was looking for 5 nights at the Hilton Prague Old Town - saw a prepaid rate on Expedia.com.au (I'm in Australia) was was about $200 cheaper (for the 5 nights) than the Hilton web site. Note Expedia.com.au quotes and charges in AUD and the Hilton site shows prices in CZK. Not really knowing much, if anything, about Hilton's BRG, I called to inquire about this discrepancy. The agent put me on hold to investigate and came back with a rate which was still $50 more expensive than Expedia - she gave me the pricing in AUD. So not realising she should have matched Expedia + a 25% discount I accepted this rate and specifically asked if my credit card would be charged in AUD - she "guaranteed" that this would be the case.

Well - 2 days later I noticed that I was charged in CZK resulting in a $100 increase in the price (due to foreign currency fees charged by AmEx) AND on looking at the Hilton site I (a bit late) read their BRG policy. So I called Hilton and after being stuffed about one agent finally apologised and said I should have been given the discount ... but could not do anything about it at this point but did credit my account by 20,000 points.

So I'll be more diligent in the future but not happy.
Old Nov 22, 2018, 8:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
There is absolutely no way that a hotel in Prague is going to charge you in AUD. (although the dodgy DCC bank credit card machine might try) I'm not sure why an agent would say such a thing, but it does demonstate why doing your own research online is far more valuable than calling.

Unless your stay has passed, I also don't see why the rate cannot be adjusted to the proper rate - 25%.
Old Nov 22, 2018, 9:44 pm

Programs: UA, QF, VS, AA, US, HH, SPG
Originally Posted by craigthemif
There is absolutely no way that a hotel in Prague is going to charge you in AUD. (although the dodgy DCC bank credit card machine might try) I'm not sure why an agent would say such a thing, but it does demonstate why doing your own research online is far more valuable than calling.

Unless your stay has passed, I also don't see why the rate cannot be adjusted to the proper rate - 25%.
The rate was prepaid - and Expedia definitely charges foreign hotels (which are prepaid) in AUD so I guess it was not unreasonable to believe that Hilton could do so as well. After 3 lengthy phone calls and no joy on getting the 25% discount I am quite over this issue. Next time I'll know better.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 9:50 am

Programs: DL , AC, BA, Hhonors Diamond, IH Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Hampton Inn Dallas Market Center
12/27-31
King with fridge/microwave
Hilton.com: $98
Priceline: $91.73
Adjusted rate: $68.80

I didn't even have to argue on this one. It was approved in under 5 minutes. I actually found a number of Hilton properties that were lower on other websites during these dates. The Doubletree Campbell Center was MUCH lower on Travelocity.

I'm 3 for 3 on these PMGs so far.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 11:54 am
KRS

I received a rejected claim this weekend with the following reason given:

(...)I found that the payment policies are not an exact match. The website requires prepayment on January 22 and your booking does not require payment until you arrive at the hotel on January 25. Based on the Terms and Conditions, we are unable to approve the claim. You can view the full terms and conditions at: http://hiltonworldwide3.hilton.com/e.../overview.html(...)
I have never had a similar response before, and also the competing site had the same cancellation policy as hilton (cancel the day before, i.e. 24 Jan).
Is this generally considered part of the BRG now (I could not see this mentioned specifically in the T&Cs), or should I try again and hope for a different agent?
Old Nov 25, 2018, 2:20 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, BA Exec Continental, AAdvantage, Virgin,
Doesnt look like the HIlton best rate guarantee is worth anything ....any advice on my situation greatfull received.

Tampa hotel HIlton.com rate felx rate 7 day cancellation $435+taxes or semi flex 9 day cancellation $417 +taxes. The hilton site doesnt have any non ref rates currently
BA.com $314 inc taxes = $278 + taxes non refundable

I am a Diamond Hhonrs member and want to get nights credit as well as a bargain 25% off the BA rate - but the BA rate is a great deal even at full price
While I want to get nights credit and potential upgrade the rate at BA.com is just too good to pass up.

Any hope of getting a best rate from Hilton?
Old Nov 25, 2018, 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by KRS
I received a rejected claim this weekend with the following reason given:

I have never had a similar response before, and also the competing site had the same cancellation policy as hilton (cancel the day before, i.e. 24 Jan).
Is this generally considered part of the BRG now (I could not see this mentioned specifically in the T&Cs), or should I try again and hope for a different agent?
Some of these travel websites (I recently saw this on Agoda) charge your credit card a few days in advance of your stay, even though the cancellation policy is the same. Could it be this?

If you are still able to pull up the terms and conditions of your original booking, send them a screenshot. But it must be EXACTLY the same.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 3:14 pm

Originally Posted by mgkelly
Doesnt look like the HIlton best rate guarantee is worth anything ....any advice on my situation greatfull received.

Tampa hotel HIlton.com rate felx rate 7 day cancellation $435+taxes or semi flex 9 day cancellation $417 +taxes. The hilton site doesnt have any non ref rates currently
BA.com $314 inc taxes = $278 + taxes non refundable

I am a Diamond Hhonrs member and want to get nights credit as well as a bargain 25% off the BA rate - but the BA rate is a great deal even at full price
While I want to get nights credit and potential upgrade the rate at BA.com is just too good to pass up.

Any hope of getting a best rate from Hilton?
Of course not.

You say yourself that the Hilton website offers NO non-refundable rates. Therefore, nothing they have is identical to the other rate. Therefore, you don't even minimally meet the terms of the PMG.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.