Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2018] Hilton Best Rate Guarantee or BRG

[ARCHIVE to 2018] Hilton Best Rate Guarantee or BRG

Old Aug 9, 2018, 12:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
I think Hilton's new "strategy" is to not reply to my BRG claims, knowing that I'll give up after a week and just cancel the (flex) reservation...
Old Aug 9, 2018, 5:10 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum - LT Gold
Always felt good about Hilton but reading the last pages of this read i can now see what a hassle and scam Hilton's BRG program is. Feels like a Hyatt-hassle where Hilton's Brg-agents do anything in their power to deny your claim, make up stories and have weird terms for what qualifies for a Brg.

Will never spend my money on a Hilton with this kind of treatment towards their customers. That's not what I want to be a part of.
Sticking with Marriott/SPG.

Last edited by joakgarp; Aug 9, 2018 at 6:23 am
Old Aug 9, 2018, 10:36 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Starwood Gold
Honestly it sounds melodramatic but SPG/Marriott has a relatively reasonable BRG team that tries to apply logic to the situation. If you care about getting a low rate honored, book through Marriott.
Old Aug 9, 2018, 12:41 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, Skyteam Elite Plus, StarAlliance Silver
I try with this... let's see. 14,014THB = 366 EUR

Old Aug 9, 2018, 1:20 pm

Update: this time it was an immediatle success! maybe this website bring lucky. I'm happy to share this.
I have to say that Hilton's customer center is really fast to reply, it tooks 40 mins
Old Aug 9, 2018, 1:43 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Bonvoy, Choice, IHG
Originally Posted by asia15
Update: this time it was an immediatle success! maybe this website bring lucky. I'm happy to share this.
I have to say that Hilton's customer center is really fast to reply, it tooks 40 mins
Congratulations on getting the room you wanted at the price you wanted!!! So glad it worked out for you.
Old Aug 11, 2018, 11:05 am

Does the BRG apply to rates that include taxes?

Found a lower rate online, however the site only displays the final price (with taxes included)- this is higher than the pre-tax Hilton rate so was declined :/
Old Aug 11, 2018, 12:03 pm

Originally Posted by frogster
Does the price need to be for the best rate available (HHonors) or can I use the "regular" rate available?
It has to be the best rate available. Flex rate and Non refundable rate both HHonors. Get a BRG on a refundable rate is really hard.

Originally Posted by smithyr4
Does the BRG apply to rates that include taxes? Found a lower rate online, however the site only displays the final price (with taxes included)- this is higher than the pre-tax Hilton rate so was declined :/
The price has to be lower, both the rate without taxes and with taxes. It's normal, also with other chain.

Anyway I got a deny last day. I wasn't so interested as the difference of the price was really low and the price of the hotel is fine. I tried anyway, just to see what happens... I booked a rate of 4.480, I found a rate of 3.999 BUT I got a deny because the rate THEY found - 4.440 - was higher then the rate i booked (4.480) (!!!!). I replied with a screenshot attached and wrote not asking a review of the claim, but asking an explanation on why they lie. They approved the claim.

Last edited by asia15; Aug 11, 2018 at 12:04 pm Reason: correction
Old Aug 12, 2018, 5:05 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
unfortunately we are unable to approve this Best Price Guarantee claim, as the cancellation deadline dates differ. The lower rate that is displayed on XXX.com offers a free cancellation for the following date of September 06, 2018, while Hilton offers free cancellation 24 hours prior to arrival which requires cancellation by September 08, 2018.The cancellation deadlines must be exact, this should be considered when viewing lower rates, hence the rate difference.
Gimme a break. Both rates are flexible, but cancellation policy is off by 2 days and claim is denied? What a crock of s***.

If there was a higher semi-flex rate available on hilton.com and I did not select it, ok I can understand. But in this case, ALL rates on Hilton are flexible with cancellation one day before arrival. There are not even prepaid rates to choose from. So basically it means any third party website which has pre-paid rates or flexible rates 2+ days cancellation policy won't be usable for BRG at all, under any circumstances.

Not to mention that I receive the response above after being told in the first place that the rate on XXX.com was higher than Hilton (which was not true) so my claim was denied. Only when I pushed it, did I receive the cancellation BS above.
Old Aug 12, 2018, 5:24 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
If i remember correctly Lauren (HH Rep) stated that a 2 day window was accepted for BRG. I would drop her a PM
Old Aug 12, 2018, 5:25 pm

Originally Posted by escape4
Gimme a break. Both rates are flexible, but cancellation policy is off by 2 days and claim is denied? What a crock of s***.

If there was a higher semi-flex rate available on hilton.com and I did not select it, ok I can understand. But in this case, ALL rates on Hilton are flexible with cancellation one day before arrival. There are not even prepaid rates to choose from. So basically it means any third party website which has pre-paid rates or flexible rates 2+ days cancellation policy won't be usable for BRG at all, under any circumstances.

Not to mention that I receive the response above after being told in the first place that the rate on XXX.com was higher than Hilton (which was not true) so my claim was denied. Only when I pushed it, did I receive the cancellation BS above.
I got a deny for 5 hours and maybe the guy some post upper, for just seconds
Well, I think that it's difficult that you cancel your stay on the last 48 hours... they should be really better flexible. In fact it's pretty impossible to got an approval on flex booking.
I read also that they denied the claim because the name of the room was different: King Superior Suite and Superior King Suite. And also if the 3rd part website has a better offer (like included breakfast).
Old Aug 12, 2018, 5:27 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by elephentravels
I book 3 stays at HIlton, and found 3 lower rates on Trip.com. Already submitted the BRG claim. Any ideas how BRG claims agains trip.com are treated?
Originally Posted by elephentravels
ok 15 mins after submitted my 3 BRG claims, I received:

1 Success
1 Failed (I am appealing)
1 No response
I am surprised that they approved a claim from trip.com
Old Aug 12, 2018, 10:48 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by ExpatSomchai
If i remember correctly Lauren (HH Rep) stated that a 2 day window was accepted for BRG. I would drop her a PM
Erin (Lauren's predecessor as HHonorsRepresentative) posted on 18 November 2014 that "The cancellation policy has a 72 hour grace period instead of being exact"

I am not aware of any announcement by the HonorsRepresentative since that post as regards the 72 hour grace period when comparing the cancellation policy of the hilton.com rate vs the third party rate.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 10:24 am

Programs: KF Gold, *G, Hilton Diamond, Discovery Titanium
Originally Posted by escape4
I am surprised that they approved a claim from trip.com
1 success, 2 failures. I gave up after attempting twice for the 2 other reservations.
Old Aug 14, 2018, 7:04 am

Programs: Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold, CM Presidential / *A Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by frogster
Does the price need to be for the best rate available (HHonors) or can I use the "regular" rate available?
Originally Posted by asia15
It has to be the best rate available. Flex rate and Non refundable rate both HHonors. Get a BRG on a refundable rate is really hard.
asia is incorrect with this. You can use the non HH rate to compare, obviously as the HH rate is only available to members (behind a login), which is not available to the general public

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.