Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2018] Hilton Best Rate Guarantee or BRG

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2018] Hilton Best Rate Guarantee or BRG

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2018, 9:15 am

Claim submitted for Hilton Gardin Inn Rome (October 2018)
Hilton rate 230 Euro/night - 726.00 Euro / 3 nights (incl. taxes)
matched with galahotels.com: 119.48/night - 394.55 Euro / 3 nights (incl. taxes)
Old May 31, 2018, 10:09 am
Company Representative - Honors by Hilton

Programs: Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by Staley Cornell
Still no response from the BRG Guest Relations group. @HonorsRepresentative can you advise on this claim? Thank you so much!
Hi Staley Cornell,

Sent you a PM with more info.

Thanks!
Lauren
Old May 31, 2018, 1:22 pm

Made claim for Curio Mahogany Bay Belize. 7 night total was approximately $1850. Orbitz (also expedia, hotels.com and travelocity) all had the same room and cancellation policy for about $1750. My initial claim was denied stating that the Orbitz price was either the same or higher than my original Hilton booking. I emailed back details of each booking and how they matched and how orbitz was cheaper for each night. Also included a date and timestamped screen capture of the orbitz page showing them that the price was cheaper both before and after submitting the claim. Received an email this morning saying they would refund me $450ish for a successful claim. As mentioned above, I think the screen capture might be the golden ticket here. I still haven't been charged for the original booking, so I'm interested to see how the refund will work.
Old Jun 2, 2018, 3:09 am

Hilton Garden Inn Center City Philadelphia PA
2 nights in June, King room flexible rate with breakfast
Hilton rate : 214 USD/night, total with taxes 499 USD
Travelzoo.com rate : 119 USD/night, total 277
Final price : 89 USD/night, total with taxes 208 USD
Approved in less than 1 hour (!)
Old Jun 2, 2018, 10:01 pm

How does Hilton BRG work?

Hi - I am fairly new to Hilton and would like to know how the process really works. Does one compare refundable rates on the Hilton site with refundable rates on the OTA? Do room types and cancellation penalties have to match exactly? What are the other 'gotchas' that I have to watch out for? Presume trying to BRG against a non-refundable rate is just too risky?
Old Jun 6, 2018, 3:32 pm

Originally Posted by JasWon
Hi - I am fairly new to Hilton and would like to know how the process really works. Does one compare refundable rates on the Hilton site with refundable rates on the OTA? Do room types and cancellation penalties have to match exactly? What are the other 'gotchas' that I have to watch out for? Presume trying to BRG against a non-refundable rate is just too risky?
Everything needs to match. Dates of stay, length of stay, Room type and bed type, number of guests and cancellation policy must be an identical match. Non-refundable rates are possible to match (see my post a few above), but it has to be a non-refundable Hilton reservation and a non-refundable reservation on another website.

You can't submit screenshots in the initial submission for the BRG claim. But if you are denied, you can submit screenshots of your reservation as well as the identical OTA one in case they claim it cannot be replicated.
Old Jun 8, 2018, 6:53 pm

So, an expedia "member rate"- which means you need to login to expedia is not a valid rate for match.Anyone with a name and email can sign up for expedia. Have never had an issue with Marriott. This is pretty scammy.
Old Jun 9, 2018, 11:32 am

I submitted two BRG claims this week for two separate hotels on two separate days, but both with rates on the same third party website. One was accepted and the other was rejected because the third party website was deemed ineligible! (Not the rate, but the website). It looks like inconsistency might still affect the Hilton BRG program!
Old Jun 9, 2018, 12:17 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold, CM Presidential / *A Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by Simon Schus
I submitted two BRG claims this week for two separate hotels on two separate days, but both with rates on the same third party website. One was accepted and the other was rejected because the third party website was deemed ineligible! (Not the rate, but the website). It looks like inconsistency might still affect the Hilton BRG program!
Prestigia?
Old Jun 10, 2018, 6:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Enskie
Does anyone know if the hotel has to pay the BRG-penalty to Hilton if I cancel the booking? I have a reservation in Singapore for SGD 260 (BRG rate) and the hotel currently offers the room on sale for SGD 245. I'm considering rebooking the "official" sale rate and possibly getting a better upgrade if the hotel does not have to pay the penalty. Thanks!
My understanding is that the $100 penalties were abolished at the end of 2016 when they changed from the Amex prepaid card to the 25% discount. Hotels no longer have to pay anything to Hilton. They only have to honour the BRG approved reservation and understand how it happened- it doesn't even mean they have to stop.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 4:03 am

BRG for Hilton Fiji Beach Resort & Spa
Hilton Rate: FJD$535.50
Agoda: FJD$501.50
Same room type, same cancellation policy.
The claim was denied because "the rate information for the third party was not provided". It can be found at the final booking page if the agent looked closely enough and bothered to read around.

Lauren @HonorsRepresentative, appreciate if you would please look into Claim #24076685 ?

Thank you so much!!
Old Jun 13, 2018, 2:08 pm
Company Representative - Honors by Hilton

Programs: Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by ldx29
BRG for Hilton Fiji Beach Resort & Spa
Hilton Rate: FJD$535.50
Agoda: FJD$501.50
The claim was denied because "the rate information for the third party was not provided". It can be found at the final booking page if the agent looked closely enough and bothered to read around.

Lauren @HonorsRepresentative, appreciate if you would please look into Claim #24076685 ?

Thank you so much!!
Hi ldx29,

Sent you a message re: your BPG claim.

Thanks!
Lauren
Old Jun 16, 2018, 9:26 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Bonvoy, Choice, IHG
Claim submitted for HIlton Back Bay Boston.
Hilton Rate: $383.00
Hotelsforeveryone thru Trivago: $271
The claim was denied because they couldn't find the rate on Hotelsforeveryone.com.

I followed up with screen shots on Sunday night and still haven't gotten a response. Lauren, if you are here, would you please look into Claim #23944211 ?

Thank you so much!!
Update: I sent another request through the BRG team to look at my screen shots. I received a confirmation email about 5 days ago that reflects a lower price, but the reservation on the HH website is not showing the change. How long does it take to catch up? I don't want to pester them again and I am so happy the claim appears to have been approved.
Old Jun 18, 2018, 9:08 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Update: I sent another request through the BRG team to look at my screen shots. I received a confirmation email about 5 days ago that reflects a lower price, but the reservation on the HH website is not showing the change. How long does it take to catch up? I don't want to pester them again and I am so happy the claim appears to have been approved.
@Staley Cornell: this does happen from time to time (I have experienced this several times – only receiving an approval e-mail with the adjusted rate, and the Hilton website/app not showing any room rate when I view the reservation). To be on the safe side I always print/have on hand a copy of the approval e-mail in case there are any issues at check-in/check-out.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 8:40 am

Programs: BA Bronze, Amex Plat (UK)
I'm curious if anyone has had any success with Amex Travel? I've had two claims (for different stays) denied today, the first being because "Travel.americanexpress.co.uk is an invalid website." (sic) and the second because Amex Travel only accept Amex cards, that means the rates are not available to the public. I see the previous posts in this thread about this line of reasoning and am curious if anyone has had their claims overturned on appeal.

However, Hilton seem to allow claims from sites that only accept Visa and MC, or sites that don't accept one or all of Amex, Diners Club, Discover, etc. In addition, Amex cards are issued by many banks and are available to anyone in the form of prepaid and gift cards. Also, the person making the reservation doesn't have to be the one paying with Amex, as is the case with Corporate cards et cetera. I'm also not aware of any site that allows bookings to be paid in cash, so does that mean that only pay-at-hotel rates are eligible for BRG since presumably one must hold a credit card of some description to pre-pay therefore the rate is not available to literally anyone?

Anyway, rant over. Anyone have any experiences to share?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.