Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2018] Hilton Best Rate Guarantee or BRG

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2018] Hilton Best Rate Guarantee or BRG

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2017, 5:51 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
First time I ever try BRG. I have 5 bookings at the same property for various dates in October-December and found rates on Hotelopia almost half of what is on Hilton.com so I submitted 5 different claims.

All 5 have been declined, with 3 e-mail responses coming from one BRG associate and 2 e-mail responses from another BRG associate. They both said Hotelopia is not an approved website.

Given that less than one month ago someone mentioned in this thread having an approval from Hotelopia, the answer from BRG is quite disappointing and complete rubbish. I see others are not having very positive experiences either.
Old Oct 9, 2017, 1:56 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat, AA EXP, UA Gold
Tried BRG for a hilton in NYC, first claim denied saying the third party website only allows partial cancellation policy (50% refund if cancelled after 24hours, 0 refund 72hr before check in). Since cancellation policies were different, the claim was denied.
Funny thing is, even if I booked a non-refundable rate on hilton.com, it would still be more expensive than the third party website. So I replied to email if I should re-book a prepaid rate and submit the BRG again and it got approved by a different associate. Matched to third-party website price less 25%.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 8:14 am

I had found a price on Travelocity.ca which was about 100 dollars cheaper than my booked rate
First submission I was told they could not find the rate so I responded with the link to the webpage and a screenshot
In reply to that they told me the rate of 1336 US was more expensive than the rate I received from Hilton. My rate was clearly in Canadian and as the site was Canadian, how does it even make sense that the rate would be US
I have replied as such but I am not optimist that I will get a positive response
I feel like I am getting the runaround. Does anyone have any suggestions?
It is an advanced pay rate or I would just cancel the reservation and rebook

Last edited by Canarsie; Oct 10, 2017 at 12:49 pm Reason: Consolidation.
Old Oct 12, 2017, 12:51 am

"I have reviewed your reservation and the lower rate was found through a non-compliant website, Zenhotels.com. It has been determined that this website is not eligible for our program based on the current terms and conditions."

It has been determined as well that Zenhotels.com books through Expedia. I find it strange Hilton takes the liberty to take out certain travel agents of their guarantee.
Old Oct 12, 2017, 5:56 am
Suspended

Programs: HH-D; MR-P/LTP; SPG-P
all the hotel loyalty programs do the same

it's their program so their rules and frankly they can terminate this or any other part of their program as they please

Originally Posted by Travel-Quinten
It has been determined as well that Zenhotels.com books through Expedia. I find it strange Hilton takes the liberty to take out certain travel agents of their guarantee.
Old Oct 12, 2017, 12:54 pm
KRS

Waldorf Astoria Chicago

Waldorf Astoria Chicago, SUPERIOR 1 KING BED, Bed and Breakfast rate.

(...)The rate on your reservation will be lowered to $391.72 per night (before tax). In addition, as per the terms of the program, we will also apply a 25% discount to your adjusted rate, making your final total $293.79 per night (before tax). Please allow 48-72 business hours for your rate to be adjusted and to receive an updated confirmation email.
Upgraded to Astoria Suite as well so quite pleased
Old Oct 14, 2017, 12:11 pm

Programs: HH Gold - SPG & Marriott Platinum Elite - BW Diamond - IHG Platinum - Melia Gold - Radisson Gold
Hilton sent their initial response within 24h. Their response was incorrect so I replied but I've not heard anything and it's been more than 24 hours since. Does the 24h rule only apply to the initial response (which on this occasion was wrong)?
Old Oct 15, 2017, 2:56 am

Programs: HH Gold - SPG & Marriott Platinum Elite - BW Diamond - IHG Platinum - Melia Gold - Radisson Gold
Exclamation

Originally Posted by liverpoolA
Hilton sent their initial response within 24h. Their response was incorrect so I replied but I've not heard anything and it's been more than 24 hours since. Does the 24h rule only apply to the initial response (which on this occasion was wrong)?
Still no response from BRG team despite my email chasers, the cheaper rate in no longer available (it has been 72 hours since my original claim). Presumably they will now come back to say we couldn't find a cheaper rate.

Any advice please?
Old Oct 15, 2017, 3:49 am
Suspended

Programs: HH-D; MR-P/LTP; SPG-P
you continue to contend that Hiltons BRG responses were wrong but provide absolutely no facts that proffer forward other then your biasd opinion

Originally Posted by liverpoolA
Old Oct 15, 2017, 3:59 am

Smile

Originally Posted by Srisarin
you continue to contend that Hiltons BRG responses were wrong but provide absolutely no facts that proffer forward other then your biasd opinion
Thanks for your reply, fair point. Here's what happened, In their reply BRG referred to booking.com although my claim was against hotels.com. Presumably an oversight therefore I emailed back and resent the link and screenshots and asked for reconsideration.

That aside -and even if I'm wrong- I'd still expect a reply, ignoring emails is never a good business practice.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
Old Oct 15, 2017, 8:01 am

Programs: Delta DM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC
For work reasons, I had to buy Movavi Screen Capture video software (it's "only" $39 - but I also think there is similar freeware, or frankly you could use your phone to capture the video) and then I take a video of the whole process to get the lower rate. Then I post it to YouTube as a private video and share the link with the BRG team if there are any issues. I've found that's more effective than screenshots and then protects you if the rates rise.
Old Oct 15, 2017, 12:14 pm

The below was part of Hilton's response to my BRG claim. Apparently we now have to check if the rate would be the same if you are using a mobile device or a desktop!

'please be advised that prices should not differ between browser and mobile website: if this is the case, it means that the deal is specifically restricted to people form specific region and it is not available to everyone. '

Has anyone heard of this before?
Old Oct 15, 2017, 1:14 pm

Originally Posted by Tega
I had found a price on Travelocity.ca which was about 100 dollars cheaper than my booked rate
First submission I was told they could not find the rate so I responded with the link to the webpage and a screenshot
In reply to that they told me the rate of 1336 US was more expensive than the rate I received from Hilton. My rate was clearly in Canadian and as the site was Canadian, how does it even make sense that the rate would be US
I have replied as such but I am not optimist that I will get a positive response
I feel like I am getting the runaround. Does anyone have any suggestions?
It is an advanced pay rate or I would just cancel the reservation and rebook
finally granted after messaging on Facebook
Old Oct 20, 2017, 6:09 am

Lauren -
just PMd you please pickit up and action if possible thanks
Old Oct 26, 2017, 5:43 pm

Claim approved :)

After the initial denial from BPG, I've sent screenshots of the other site clearly showing it's substantially lower price than Hilton's.

36 hours after initial submission, it's finally approved!
  • Hilton Price: USD 2072
  • Other Price: USD 1390
  • Renewed Price: USD 1146
  • Other site: www.makemytrip.com

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.