Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2018] Hilton Best Rate Guarantee or BRG

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2018] Hilton Best Rate Guarantee or BRG

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2017, 3:59 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, HH Diamond, Radisson Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, Shangri La Jade
Originally Posted by tomnikde
Hi,

I just got a claim denied. I found a cheaper rate on www.amoma.com - a site which normally is accepted.

BRG: I have reviewed your reservation and the lower rate was found through a non-compliant website which issues a voucher to be presented to the hotel at check in.

Thats new to me. Any ideas?

It is very frustrating indeed.
the wiki suggests that this site is never accepted.
Old Jul 28, 2017, 4:11 am

Programs: LH FTL, TK Gold, AZ Gold, CC Concierge, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by sarahluv
the wiki suggests that this site is never accepted.
I am aware of this. However that statement is from 2014. Is it still up to date?

They changed the terms in-between, as far as I know.
Old Jul 28, 2017, 4:22 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, HH Diamond, Radisson Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, Shangri La Jade
I am aware of this. However that statement is from 2014. Is it still up to date?

They changed the terms in-between, as far as I know.
I believe it is. I had a claim for that site rejected last week too.
Old Jul 28, 2017, 5:18 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by sarahluv
I believe it is. I had a claim for that site rejected last week too.
The so-called 'blacklist' should be understood in its proper context.

On 18 November 2014 (see post #1261 of the archived thread), the HHonorsRepresentative set out a list of 15 third-party websites that were 'no longer authorized to distribute our hotels’ static rates'.

However, a month later, on 19 December 2014 (see post #3 of this thread), the HHonorsRepresentative announced a change of policy, stating that:
Originally Posted by HonorsRepresentative
Moving forward, we will approve claims from these sites as long as the offered rates meet the other BRG requirements we have in place, as we recognize that this is in the best interest of our members.

The Best Rate Guarantee exists so that our guests feel confident going to Hilton Worldwide channels to find the best rates that we offer. We strive for pricing accuracy in all our channels, and the BRG helps identify when that is not the case.
The HonorsRepresentative has not issued any subsequent statement suggesting another change of policy and a return to the previous 'blacklist'.

Further, there is no reference to a 'blacklist' of 'unauthorized' websites in the Terms and Conditions of the Hilton Best Price Guarantee (last updated on 20 September 2016): http://hiltonworldwide3.hilton.com/e.../overview.html

For this reason, the 'blacklist' of 15 third-party websites from November 2014 is no longer in force. The HonorsRepresentative has reassured us that lower rates from any third-party website (including Amoma) will qualify for the Best Price Guarantee as long as they meet the terms and conditions which can be found at http://hiltonworldwide3.hilton.com/e.../overview.html.
Old Jul 28, 2017, 7:25 am

Programs: LH FTL, TK Gold, AZ Gold, CC Concierge, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by paul00
The so-called 'blacklist' should be understood in its proper context.

On 18 November 2014 (see post #1261 of the archived thread), the HHonorsRepresentative set out a list of 15 third-party websites that were 'no longer authorized to distribute our hotels’ static rates'.

However, a month later, on 19 December 2014 (see post #3 of this thread), the HHonorsRepresentative announced a change of policy, stating that:

The HonorsRepresentative has not issued any subsequent statement suggesting another change of policy and a return to the previous 'blacklist'.

Further, there is no reference to a 'blacklist' of 'unauthorized' websites in the Terms and Conditions of the Hilton Best Price Guarantee (last updated on 20 September 2016): http://hiltonworldwide3.hilton.com/e.../overview.html

For this reason, the 'blacklist' of 15 third-party websites from November 2014 is no longer in force. The HonorsRepresentative has reassured us that lower rates from any third-party website (including Amoma) will qualify for the Best Price Guarantee as long as they meet the terms and conditions which can be found at http://hiltonworldwide3.hilton.com/e.../overview.html.

Very good point indeed. Thats what I had in mind. However the BRG Team said:

"I have reviewed your reservation and the lower rate was found through a non-compliant website which issues a voucher to be presented to the hotel at check in."

Sound like BS to me, but maybe I am wrong?
Old Jul 28, 2017, 7:29 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Melia Silver, NH silver, H10 Class
Very good point indeed. Thats what I had in mind. However the BRG Team said:

"I have reviewed your reservation and the lower rate was found through a non-compliant website which issues a voucher to be presented to the hotel at check in."

Sound like BS to me, but maybe I am wrong?
I have had claims denied in the past because of this same reason and the 'issue of a voucher' was indeed in the TC's in the past but it is no longer mentioned in the new TC's.
Your claim shouldn't be rejected because of this reason.
Old Aug 1, 2017, 1:09 pm
KRS

Thank you for submitting a ‘Best Price Guarantee’ claim for your upcoming reservation at the Hilton Addis Ababa. I have taken the liberty to review your reservation, as well as, the rate available on agoda.com

I was able to confirm that a lower rate of 214.60 USD per night (before tax) was available through the site.

I have lowered the rate on your reservation to match the rate found in addition to another reduction of 25% off the room rate for each night of your stay.

The current new rate per night after the adjustment is 160.95 USD before applicable local charges. A new email of confirmation has been sent to you.
Ended up cancelling and staying at the Sheraton Addis instead though. This was for 2 nights in July 2017.
Old Aug 1, 2017, 2:21 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond, UA Silver
Filed BRG for Hampton Inn- Addison, TX on Saturday, July 29th. Received no reply and called 48hrs later on Monday. CSR said that it was still in processing and it was "extremely rare" for processing to exceed 24 hours. 24 hours later, still no reply, called on Tuesday, 8/1, 72 hours after filing. Representative put me on hold for twenty minutes, came back, and said that claim would be denied because the room I booked on the Hilton website, "Standard King with Walk In Shower" was not the same as the room offered at a lower price on Priceline, "Standard King." I said, "I've stayed at this property before and all of the standard rooms have walk in showers." She said, "It must match the room type exactly." I said, "The room type is a Standard King, they match." She said, "No sir, it must match the bath and all other amenities as well."

Worst BRG in the industry. Why bother offering a BRG if they're just going to sit on the reservation for days and days and then deny it on the type of bathroom that is in ALL standard rooms. It even says "walk in shower" in the room description on Priceline. Awful way to treat folks (I spend 100+ business-paid nights a year at Hilton Properties). Garbage BRG.
Old Aug 2, 2017, 1:42 am

Any idea what's the estimated wait time now?
Old Aug 2, 2017, 8:54 pm

Originally Posted by fledglingraptormoon
Any idea what's the estimated wait time now?
To answer myself, within 24 hours - claim approved for Hilton Tokyo shinjuku. Jpy 21,784.
Old Aug 2, 2017, 10:45 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by TexasRoadWarrior
Filed BRG for Hampton Inn- Addison, TX on Saturday, July 29th. Received no reply and called 48hrs later on Monday. CSR said that it was still in processing and it was "extremely rare" for processing to exceed 24 hours. 24 hours later, still no reply, called on Tuesday, 8/1, 72 hours after filing. Representative put me on hold for twenty minutes, came back, and said that claim would be denied because the room I booked on the Hilton website, "Standard King with Walk In Shower" was not the same as the room offered at a lower price on Priceline, "Standard King." I said, "I've stayed at this property before and all of the standard rooms have walk in showers." She said, "It must match the room type exactly." I said, "The room type is a Standard King, they match." She said, "No sir, it must match the bath and all other amenities as well."

Worst BRG in the industry. Why bother offering a BRG if they're just going to sit on the reservation for days and days and then deny it on the type of bathroom that is in ALL standard rooms. It even says "walk in shower" in the room description on Priceline. Awful way to treat folks (I spend 100+ business-paid nights a year at Hilton Properties). Garbage BRG.
@TexasRoadWarrior: the HHonorsRepresentative has stated the following (see post 1261 of the archived thread):

Originally Posted by HonorsRepresentative
We have relaxed elements of the BRG Terms & Conditions to allow more claims to be approved. In particular:
  • The cancellation policy has a 72 hour grace period instead of being exact
  • Membership rates are approved depending on the offered amenities
  • Room type requirements are lax as long as the room rates are the same

The Best Rate Guarantee exists so that our guests feel confident going to Hilton Worldwide channels to find the best rates that we offer. We strive for pricing accuracy in all our channels, and the BRG helps identify when that is not the case.
Perhaps try contacting the BRG team again and requesting a review of your claim?
Old Aug 3, 2017, 1:53 am

Programs: A3 *Gold, AA Plat, AB Plat, Hilton Dia
Originally Posted by fledglingraptormoon
To answer myself, within 24 hours - claim approved for Hilton Tokyo shinjuku. Jpy 21,784.
I had a claim approved for the DT in Newark, NJ this week.
It took less than 24h for the response.
Old Aug 3, 2017, 1:56 am

Programs: A3 *Gold, AA Plat, AB Plat, Hilton Dia
Is it possible to claim a room with a different description, when they are no longer offering any other rooms on Hilton's own site?

In my situation:
Hilton is only offering rooms with a king bed + sleeper sofa, however on a third party website they are still selling standard rooms without sleeper sofa.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 10:00 am

Programs: Hilton Honours
Similar Query

Originally Posted by johnnywho
Is it possible to claim a room with a different description, when they are no longer offering any other rooms on Hilton's own site?

In my situation:
Hilton is only offering rooms with a king bed + sleeper sofa, however on a third party website they are still selling standard rooms without sleeper sofa.
I have a similar question I have submitted a claim this morning still awaiting a reply.

I have booked a double queen on Hilton website but the 3rd party website is classed as a double or twin. I am guessing that would be ok?
Old Aug 11, 2017, 9:05 am

Claim denied for a booking at Hilton Stucky Venice.

Hilton website - 189EUR
Amoma - 127GBP

Pathetic.

Why the hell would I even consider trying to book through the Hilton website ever again?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.