Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Best Rate Guarantee or BRG

Old Feb 27, 2015, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ekozie
We are trying to collate a list of the websites that Hilton's Best Rate Guarantee team consider eligible for the BRG. Please update the following wiki with you successful/rejected BRG claims.

^Successful BRG claims have been made against:
muchoviaje.com - 26/09/2016
expedia.co.uk - 26/09/2016, Jan 2018
Expedia.com (US) - 18/09/2017
Expedia.ca - 1/20/18
happyrooms.com - 30/09/2016, 25/Jan/2017, 28/Jan/2017, 27/Feb/2017, 23/July/2017
hotelscombined.com - 17/Jan/2017
priceline.com (standard booking, not a bid or express booking)- 05/Oct/2016, 15/May/2017, 22/Apr/2018, 22/Oct/18, 25/Nov/18
prestigia.com - 24/Jan/2017
orbitz.com - Dec 2017
prestigia.com - Dec 2017, January 2018
nustay.com - Feb 2020

Unauthorised Sites for BRG Claim:
roomertravel.com - 16/09/2016
prestigia.com - 27/09/2016 - 'does not instantly confirm'
hoteltravel.com - August 2016 - " there have been discrepancies in the way the website has been displaying prices recently, and we are not satisfied that the website's processes are fair and transparent."
destinia.com - 29/09/2016 - 12 EUR Administration Fee for any cancellation vs Hilton Fully Flex
Travel.AmericaExpress.co.uk - 29/09/2016 Amex Card holders only
Bedfinder.com 6/8/17 - The third party site bedfinder.com is no longer considered to be valid
skoosh.com - denied 10//4/18

BRG claims on non-refundable rates are a gamble at best. Hilton can ask 3rd party sites to remove rates when they "sell unbundled wholesale rates", and screenshots are no longer sufficient proof. You will end up with the non-refundable rate booked, if the rate is gone when your claim is being reviewed.

On 18 November 2014 (see post #1261 of the archived thread), the HHonorsRepresentative listed 15 third-party websites that were 'no longer authorized to distribute our hotels’ static rates':
  • Alpharooms.com
  • Amoma.com
  • Cleartrip.com
  • Despegar
  • Elvoline
  • Galahotels
  • Hotelpronto.com
  • Jumbotours
  • LMT.com
  • Secretescapes
  • Simplytravel.de
  • TravelRepublic
  • Wego
  • Worldwideholidays.com.au

However, on 19 December 2014 (see post #3 of this thread), the HHonorsRepresentative announced a change of policy, stating that:
Originally Posted by HonorsRepresentative
Moving forward, we will approve claims from these sites as long as the offered rates meet the other BRG requirements we have in place, as we recognize that this is in the best interest of our members.

The Best Rate Guarantee exists so that our guests feel confident going to Hilton Worldwide channels to find the best rates that we offer. We strive for pricing accuracy in all our channels, and the BRG helps identify when that is not the case.
The HonorsRepresentative has not issued any subsequent statement suggesting another change of policy and a return to the previous 'blacklist'.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the late 2014/2015 BRG thread - for the original thread please check here

Hilton Best Rate Guarantee, or BRG: The Definitive Thread

Thanks!

Squeakr
for the HH Mod Team of squeakr, Canarsie and Kiwi Flyer
--------
Print Wikipost

Hilton Best Rate Guarantee or BRG

Old Sep 14, 2022, 4:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by Emick
No. In such a case, this is indeed a legitimate decline. Sorry.
Yeah didn't realize about the currency thing, I haven't done this in years.

Originally Posted by pmarrsouth
I mean this is spelled out on their page

https://www.hilton.com/en/p/price-match-guarantee/
Well, I guess it's impossible to find BRG for Hilton. Maybe I will just stick to Marriott.
Emick likes this.
Old Sep 22, 2022, 1:39 pm

I also found that they no longer accept screenshots as proof of a lower claim

‘Your screen shots cannot be reviewed for a price match as we could not independently verify those rates’

This has become the final no go excuse when all other excuses have been proved wrong.

I’ve responded with :
‘ if you guys have stopped accepting screenshots as ‘evidence’ for a claim, you might as well discontinue the webpage for the price match guarantee and only accept claims by calling.

As hotel rates are ever changing and the price match team can take hours or sometimes even days for a response it is no use filling in a form anymore as there will be a good chance the lower rate found is gone.’

not that that will help..

I’ve also asked if they would accept a booking confirmation from an OTA as valid proof (only for a flex booking of course). Have yet to receive a reply.

I will be calling my local reservation line from now on, at least they are willing enough to try.
Old Sep 22, 2022, 3:21 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold, CM Presidential / *A Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by jeroen100

‘Your screen shots cannot be reviewed for a price match as we could not independently verify those rates’
Will be at a Heat game the Monday after the Jaguars game, so a hotel in Miami is needed:

Hilton Miami Downtown
1x 2 Queen Bed and 2x 1 King Bed
1 night (in Oct 2022)
Hilton rate (including all taxes etc): $249.17 (per room)
Booking.com (Mobile): $228 (per room, same price for QB as KB)
Revised rate: $171

I booked 2 different reservations this time, per room type. This time I also selected "Other" as the 3rd Party site, and in the text box entered "mobile.booking.com". Both come back as denied, obviously for not being able to find the rate on booking.com...Replied with screenshots and asking them to check on booking.com app/mobile. One reply came back stating that the rate I entered on the PMG form does not match the rate I am showing in the screenshot (obviously, as I am trying to match to it...). The other came back saying that the rate can no longer be found on the mobile site, which was not the case as it was still very much live. Replied to both with a very short explanation on the points raised and within a few hours my rate was adjusted

Obviously a lot more choices to say in Miami than Jax, but the Hilton is very close to where we are going to and nicer than a lot of others

3/3 for Florida trip and a saving of about $78 per room here. Total savings of over $1,100 for the trip and probably 90ish minutes of "work" to deal with it all
Found that the Hilton Miami Downtown lowered their prices by a small amount, so lets try to save some more $$$ due to having a flexible cancellation policy:

Hilton Miami Downtown
1x 2 Queen Bed and 2x 1 King Bed
1 night (in Oct 2022)
Hilton rate (including all taxes etc): $215 (per room)
Booking.com (Mobile): $199 (per room, same price for QB as KB)
Revised rate: $149

Booked 3 more rooms (2 bookings) and submitted the PMG right away. Denied after 10ish hours for not being able to find the rate on booking.com (even again with stating the site is mobile.booking.com in the comments and the site selection...). Replied that it can be found on the booking.com mobile/app and to please check that to confirm the rate. Got this response:

Originally Posted by Hilton PMG Email
We do not have access to the mobile app i'm afraid.
Please feel free to send screenshots for us to review.
So I sent them screenshots, which after 1 more email from them was approved for the Queen Room. I followed up asking for the 2x King Rooms to also be approved, they asked for screenshots again, I sent them, rate later updated

Another $22 per room saved!

(This was less than a week ago, not last year or whenever)
flyme2 likes this.
Old Sep 22, 2022, 10:10 pm

I recently received a similar response refusing to consider screenshots.
Old Sep 23, 2022, 1:20 am

I’ve also asked if they would accept a booking confirmation from an OTA as valid proof (only for a flex booking of course). Have yet to receive a reply.
They rejected mine, because they cannot verify the the rates independently. No matter if you have a confirmed booking, they will not trust you.
Old Sep 23, 2022, 2:34 pm

...So I sent them screenshots, which after 1 more email from them was approved for the Queen Room. I followed up asking for the 2x King Rooms to also be approved, they asked for screenshots again, I sent them, rate later updated

Another $22 per room saved!

We can all learn from pmarrsouth diligent approach, as he seems to know how to properly follow the rules and use the system to his advantage. I expect screenshots submitted are not considered proof in themselves, but more a reference to guide the motivated agents to seek a dynamic match.
Kudos to you, sir.
pmarrsouth likes this.
Old Sep 24, 2022, 3:29 am

Originally Posted by flyme2
We can all learn from pmarrsouth diligent approach, as he seems to know how to properly follow the rules and use the system to his advantage.
I just want Hilton to follow the rules as well. Their "we don't match against ABC... XYZ" policy is the problem.
Emick likes this.
Old Sep 28, 2022, 8:08 pm

Originally Posted by nacho
Well, I guess it's impossible to find BRG for Hilton. Maybe I will just stick to Marriott.
It still is possible but became extremely rare and utmost frustrating. Claims per online form are practically rejected generically no matter what (“cannot independently verify”) without the chance to explain / correct their (!) mistake / wrong rejection reason (if any) or not following their own rules (“approvals will be based on the rate we are able to verify at the time the claim is processed”).

Claims over the phone still work depending on the “local” (country) team. But they cannot review mobile / app prices so sometimes pointless. And one needs really time (up to 45min).

This has become the final no go excuse when all other excuses have been proved wrong.
Yes. Correct. But already since end-APR.

I’ve responded with :
‘ if you guys have stopped accepting screenshots as ‘evidence’ for a claim, you might as well discontinue the webpage for the price match guarantee and only accept claims by calling.

As hotel rates are ever changing and the price match team can take hours or sometimes even days for a response it is no use filling in a form anymore as there will be a good chance the lower rate found is gone.’

not that that will help..
No, will not.

I guess we all will do the job for them - simply stop claiming since no point and only frustration. So they don’t need to shut down anything and still can promote their “PMG promise”.

Replied that it can be found on the booking.com mobile/app and to please check that to confirm the rate. Got this response:

Originally Posted by Hilton PMG Email
We do not have access to the mobile app i'm afraid.
Please feel free to send screenshots for us to review.

So I sent them screenshots, which after 1 more email from them was approved…

Incredible. No chance for me. The second round is always the same:

Although I appreciate you sending over a screenshot per our Terms and Conditions, approvals will be based on the rate we are able to verify at the time the claim is processed, you can access this information under “Approving your claim” at PMG Overview & Terms.

Originally Posted by flyme2
We can all learn from pmarrsouth diligent approach, as he seems to know how to properly follow the rules and use the system to his advantage. I expect screenshots submitted are not considered proof in themselves, but more a reference to guide the motivated agents to seek a dynamic match.
Kudos to you, sir.
No chance for me, following exactly the same.

Originally Posted by fabge
I just want Hilton to follow the rules as well.
No, they don’t. Just the screenshots… look at the T&C they annoyingly and repeatedly refer to. They do suggest to make screenshots!

If your claim involves another site’s mobile app, you must use this online method to submit your claim. Be sure to take screenshots of the app and reservation details.

The (not so) funny part: I also got twice confirmed by 2 district agents within 2 months that the team is not able to review mobile rates or rates in apps.

Nevertheless, I am receiving declines that my claimed (mobile / app) price could not be verified. With or without screenshots.

2 times I kindly asked them to prove it (​​​​​​​), i.e. to show me they really do not see the claimed rate in the app (!). They answered that they are not able to share screenshots of their “research” and will not consider my claim any further. I.e., all lies.

Just having a rate 10% lower in the Expedia app (this “mobile only” discount sometimes offered). No chance, they claim they cannot verify and do not accept screenshots 😤
fabge likes this.
Old Sep 29, 2022, 5:03 am

I would surmise that the BRG team, like so many in the service industry these days, are simply not adequately trained and largely inexperienced or inept. This is a situation that is certainly not unique to Hilton. Wouldn't it be great if they could use AI bots to handle such claims? At least the results would be consistent.
Emick likes this.
Old Sep 29, 2022, 6:35 am

Agreed.

Pardon my language but sometimes I really get the impression I am speaking there with - well - I better do not say.

Tragic is however that I hit on regular at least 2 agents absolutely incapable of anything who have been there for at least 2-3y. So some experience, at least, is expected.

All this combined with zero motivation.
Old Sep 29, 2022, 10:18 am

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
No I expect their non-motivation is their motivation to deny claims and hit their KPIs
Old Oct 11, 2022, 5:18 am

Programs: Still a lowly Blue with BA but inching towards Bronze. Managed to get to KLM Silver!
Just tried my first ever PMG and failed. Looking to book the Hilton Vilamoura. On Hilton.com Semi-Flex is £5,002 for 11 nights. On Love Holidays, the same dates with the same cancellation policy is £4,466. Hilton are refusing the PMG on the basis that Love Holidays take a £20 (refundable) deposit. They claim this makes the claim illegible.

Any suggestions on how to get them to change their mind?

If I don't get it, and decide to book with Love Holidays anyway, will I still get HHonors benefits such as breakfast?
Old Oct 11, 2022, 6:21 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Gaza
Just tried my first ever PMG and failed. Looking to book the Hilton Vilamoura. On Hilton.com Semi-Flex is £5,002 for 11 nights. On Love Holidays, the same dates with the same cancellation policy is £4,466. Hilton are refusing the PMG on the basis that Love Holidays take a £20 (refundable) deposit. They claim this makes the claim illegible.

Any suggestions on how to get them to change their mind?

If I don't get it, and decide to book with Love Holidays anyway, will I still get HHonors benefits such as breakfast?
You can't. It's hard enough trying to get them to approve valid claims, let alone invalid ones.. which am afraid yours is with the deposit thing.

You may get status benefits but officially you shouldn't so it can't be relied upon happening.

P.S I have previously BRG'd the Hilton Vilamoura via Expedia. The conditions all matched up there so might be worth checking.
Gaza likes this.
Old Oct 11, 2022, 6:51 am

Programs: Still a lowly Blue with BA but inching towards Bronze. Managed to get to KLM Silver!
Originally Posted by Schwann
P.S I have previously BRG'd the Hilton Vilamoura via Expedia. The conditions all matched up there so might be worth checking.
B&B Semi Flex Rate with HHonors discount is £5,186 (£184 more than non-breakfast rate)
B&B Semi Flex Rate on Expedia is £5,456
B&B Semi Flex with Love Holidays is £4,621

Other than points for the stay, there aren't any other benefits for HHonors Diamond at Vilamoura (stayed there twice before) so if we do book, it looks like it will be via Love Holidays. Or back to our original plan of renting a villa.
Old Oct 11, 2022, 9:01 am

Programs: Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold, CM Presidential / *A Gold, Hertz 5*
Check on the trivago app on iPhone/android. It will often show a mobile rate which can be a couple of % cheaper (for booking.com, Expedia, etc) and be a valid claim

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.