Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Best Rate Guarantee or BRG

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 27, 2015, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ekozie
We are trying to collate a list of the websites that Hilton's Best Rate Guarantee team consider eligible for the BRG. Please update the following wiki with you successful/rejected BRG claims.

^Successful BRG claims have been made against:
muchoviaje.com - 26/09/2016
expedia.co.uk - 26/09/2016, Jan 2018
Expedia.com (US) - 18/09/2017
Expedia.ca - 1/20/18
happyrooms.com - 30/09/2016, 25/Jan/2017, 28/Jan/2017, 27/Feb/2017, 23/July/2017
hotelscombined.com - 17/Jan/2017
priceline.com (standard booking, not a bid or express booking)- 05/Oct/2016, 15/May/2017, 22/Apr/2018, 22/Oct/18, 25/Nov/18
prestigia.com - 24/Jan/2017
orbitz.com - Dec 2017
prestigia.com - Dec 2017, January 2018
nustay.com - Feb 2020

Unauthorised Sites for BRG Claim:
roomertravel.com - 16/09/2016
prestigia.com - 27/09/2016 - 'does not instantly confirm'
hoteltravel.com - August 2016 - " there have been discrepancies in the way the website has been displaying prices recently, and we are not satisfied that the website's processes are fair and transparent."
destinia.com - 29/09/2016 - 12 EUR Administration Fee for any cancellation vs Hilton Fully Flex
Travel.AmericaExpress.co.uk - 29/09/2016 Amex Card holders only
Bedfinder.com 6/8/17 - The third party site bedfinder.com is no longer considered to be valid
skoosh.com - denied 10//4/18

BRG claims on non-refundable rates are a gamble at best. Hilton can ask 3rd party sites to remove rates when they "sell unbundled wholesale rates", and screenshots are no longer sufficient proof. You will end up with the non-refundable rate booked, if the rate is gone when your claim is being reviewed.

On 18 November 2014 (see post #1261 of the archived thread), the HHonorsRepresentative listed 15 third-party websites that were 'no longer authorized to distribute our hotels’ static rates':
  • Alpharooms.com
  • Amoma.com
  • Cleartrip.com
  • Despegar
  • Elvoline
  • Galahotels
  • Hotelpronto.com
  • Jumbotours
  • LMT.com
  • Secretescapes
  • Simplytravel.de
  • TravelRepublic
  • Wego
  • Worldwideholidays.com.au

However, on 19 December 2014 (see post #3 of this thread), the HHonorsRepresentative announced a change of policy, stating that:
Originally Posted by HonorsRepresentative
Moving forward, we will approve claims from these sites as long as the offered rates meet the other BRG requirements we have in place, as we recognize that this is in the best interest of our members.

The Best Rate Guarantee exists so that our guests feel confident going to Hilton Worldwide channels to find the best rates that we offer. We strive for pricing accuracy in all our channels, and the BRG helps identify when that is not the case.
The HonorsRepresentative has not issued any subsequent statement suggesting another change of policy and a return to the previous 'blacklist'.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the late 2014/2015 BRG thread - for the original thread please check here

Hilton Best Rate Guarantee, or BRG: The Definitive Thread

Thanks!

Squeakr
for the HH Mod Team of squeakr, Canarsie and Kiwi Flyer
--------
Print Wikipost

Hilton Best Rate Guarantee or BRG

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2022, 1:15 pm

I am really pissed off

i like to play games but Hilton is not a fair player .. the just dont wont

Fact is want to stay at Bali Conrad, and I found a competive rate at agoda

Hilton net price:
18.022.500 IDR

Hotelscombined/Agoda.com net price:
15.229.017 IDR

I play the game now a fews days: They just not honor it . I got everything from "not finding the rate" , "rate not cancable" , just say no without really a reason
One of the best thing : "the rates listed on your claim as 15.00 IDR and 18.00 IDR are invalid and cannot be used for comparison" - i know I send them full amounts in the amount.

I send screenshot, I made a yt video (!) and at last I made a booking at agoda with all confirmations: They just wannna match it.

I am diamond, and this is my first time to use this "service" . Ist not the money still anymore .. it is they promise something and they just dont care ..
I dont like to call in english , becaus i am not so fluent i can make any
negotiations int this language.

So i give up ... / the won ... But I dont know if they really win this game
Bali is full of nice hotels
kyushuman and hugolover like this.
Old May 16, 2022, 12:43 pm

Hi there,

any fresh experience?

Thanks
Old May 18, 2022, 5:09 am

Programs: QF Plat (OWE)/NZ Gold (*G)
Just had a very painless 10 min BRG on the phone with Hilton. Didn't expect it to be so easy.

Carte Hotel San Diego - 7 nights - website direct $2996.28 for HHonours flexible rate
Expedia - 7 nights - $2786.42

Where I got really confused was the price match. Got matched to $1339.82 ~ 55% ish off the listed price
I thought BRG was 25% off the lower price so have no idea what happened there. Still a flexible rate booking.....
Emick likes this.
Old May 18, 2022, 10:32 am

Programs: Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by Emick
Hi there,

any fresh experience?

Thanks
No reply for four days on the web form….
Emick likes this.
Old May 24, 2022, 5:01 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, VS Gold, FB Plat
Web form has been slow lately, 4 days is quite normal now. It used to be as little as 20 minutes at the start of the day (US times). Calling is king, however, you need to get through the first line that needs to confirm that there is a lower price before they can forward you to the Price Match department. Have been able to make multiple successful matches in the last month.
lcylocal likes this.
Old May 24, 2022, 5:15 pm

Programs: QF SG
Originally Posted by MarcElMile
Web form has been slow lately, 4 days is quite normal now. It used to be as little as 20 minutes at the start of the day (US times). Calling is king, however, you need to get through the first line that needs to confirm that there is a lower price before they can forward you to the Price Match department. Have been able to make multiple successful matches in the last month.
That's good feedback. My last claim on the form wouldn't let me select the correct country (France). I called and the agent didn't understand what a BRG was so after 5 minutes I hung up as I thought I was wasting my time. I didn't realise I would eventually be transferred to someone who knew what they were talking about.
Old Jun 5, 2022, 7:50 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club, Flying Blue
Cannot believe I'm having to write this... Absolutely insulting the way they behave.

I found a great comparison around $50USD less on Hotels dot com - absolutely matching in every way - not just one rate - but all the Hilton rates were matched around 10% less due to a public promotion they had on for that hotel. No codes, no logins, nothing...

I thought I had it in the bag, and I spoke to an agent who seriously had the balls to say "But Sir, Hotels....m state that this is a city-view room, we do not have this on our site" -

I said "Yes, the reason is because you don't differentiate by room view at this hotel. They're all the same. Hotels...m list EVERY room at this hotel as city view - you know why? Because it's in bloody downtown DC!!!) The room is the exact same in every way - bed type, room size, amenities, photos, rates, dates, people.... the only difference is that they label all rooms as city view whereas you don't do that for any"

"Sorry Sir, it must be like for like, and if they state a benefit which we don't, and advertise it as city view - it's not eligible"

I am genuinely dumbfounded - I told her to not insult any of our intelligence and agree that the room was the same "I know Sir, I agree, but it's our policy" - Even after us both acknowledging that it wasn't a view of the sea in the middle of downtown they refused to budge.

I've put in a online form but don't hope to be very lucky there either
lgormley and Emick like this.
Old Jun 15, 2022, 3:59 pm
KRS

Positive response in 20 minutes!

Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC/U.S. Capitol, 2 QUEEN BEDS, 1 night in July
Hilton Semi-Flex rate: USD 165 + tax
Matched Rate: USD 148 + tax
Rate After 25% Discount: USD 111 + tax
Emick likes this.
Old Jun 15, 2022, 7:33 pm

Originally Posted by KRS
Positive response in 20 minutes!

Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC/U.S. Capitol, 2 QUEEN BEDS, 1 night in July
Hilton Semi-Flex rate: USD 165 + tax
Matched Rate: USD 148 + tax
Rate After 25% Discount: USD 111 + tax
Congrats - did you file the cl;aim online or on the phone? And which competing site had the lower rate?
Old Jun 15, 2022, 11:33 pm
KRS

Originally Posted by puchong
Congrats - did you file the cl;aim online or on the phone? And which competing site had the lower rate?
online form, hotels.com
Old Jun 17, 2022, 3:43 am

So… Long time no such a frustrating experience:

Google search -> Trip.com (displayed as "176$" at trip.com vs. "190$" at Hilton).

Trip.com:

-- Base rate: 160 USD
-- Service fee (10%): 16 USD
-- Final rate: 176 USD
-- Non-refundable, with "Full payment at the moment you book your reservation. Once confirmed, this booking cannot be canceled or modified."

Hilton:

-- Base rate: 172.48 USD
-- Service fee (10%): 17.25 USD
-- Final rate: 189.72 USD
-- Non-refundable, with "This reservation requires a credit card deposit of $189.72 USD which will be charged to your card. If you cancel for any reason, attempt to modify this reservation, or do not arrive on your specified check-in date, your payment is non-refundable."

Claimed via online form...

1. Decline:

“Regrettably, we are unable to approve this claim as the rate offered on the 3rd party is not lower than Hilton. Trip is offering a rate of $176.00, while, Hilton is offering a rate of $172.48.“

-> YES, they (on purpose?!) wrongly compared Trip.com's FINAL rate with Hilton's BASE rate. I clarified again (despite both pricing structures were described in the comment field of the claim form exactly as shown above) plus shared screenshot of both pricing schemes.

-->

2. Decline:

No word on their error at all. But:

„The payment policy I found on the 3rd party page was full payment with ‚at the moment you book your reservation‘, this differs from our payment policy we are currently offering which ‚requires a credit card to hold the reservation but won't be charged unless you cancel after the cancellation deadline or no show‘.“

-> Wrong again! Here, they (again on purpose?!) referred to a different (apparently refundable) Hilton rate. Why? No idea. Clearly, a non-refundable rate as per above details was claimed.

So again, I explained, shared details of both T&C as per above and share screenshots of both.

-->

3. Decline:

No word either on the first no on the second error. But:

“I appreciate you sending over a screenshot per our Terms and Conditions, approvals will be based on the rate we are able to verify at the time the claim is processed, you can access this information under Approving your claim at PMG Overview & Terms.“

-> I kindly thanked for referring to the PMG T&C which I do know and follow / respect. What I, however, do not follow and still missing is the reason of the 3rd decline as well as any comment on the first 2 declines apparently wrong.

-->

4. Decline:

No word on anything but:

"Dear XXX,

Thank you very much for contacting Hilton regarding the Price Match Guarantee program.

Per our Terms and Conditions, approvals will be based on the rate we are able to verify at the time the claim is processed, you can access this information under “Approving your claim” at PMG Overview & Terms."

-> REALLY?!
Old Jun 29, 2022, 7:58 am

Programs: LH HON
Same here.

First claim:
"Thank you for taking the time to submit a Price Match Guarantee claim for your upcoming stay at the xxx. I have reviewed your reservations, as well as, the rate available on Booking.com. Regrettably, we are unable to approve this claim as the rate on the 3rd party is not lower than the Hilton. Booking.com is offering a pre-tax rate of $489.99, while, your rate with Hilton is $465.48."

Well they have convienently added allex taxes to the booking.com "pre-tax" rate. Submitted the claim again with precise information and just received this:

"Dear xxx,

My name is xxx. Thank you for your request for a Price Match for your stay at the Hilton Singapore Orchard for Confirmation #xxx.

Although I appreciate you sending over a screenshot per our Terms and Conditions, approvals will be based on the rate we are able to verify at the time the claim is processed, you can access this information under “Approving your claim” at PMG Overview & Terms. Although I understand you may be disappointed with this denial we have been unable to verify the availability at the hotel, therefore, the decision to deny your claim stands."

Useless.
Emick likes this.
Old Jul 11, 2022, 12:39 pm

no brg because of I'm diamond member...

Property is Hilton Whistler Resort in Canada, found cheaper price on trip.com. Same no refundable cancellation policty. I need to use Amex Aspire credit anyway so I booked on hilton directly
S
ubmitted online form to request BRG from hilton. Was reading through the thread and decided to give a call.

First agent confirmed a lower rate (need to teach her how to change currency from USD to CAD), but then mention she cannot match to that rate because I'm a Diamond member and Diamond member benefit include breakfast. So it has to be matched with a rate including breakfast (which is probably total BS)
HUCA, second agent said this is advance purchase rate so need to transfer me to advance purchase department.
HUCA again, third agent refuse price match since "advance purchase cannot be cancelled or modified. Price match process need to cancel or modify the reversation"
Finally the agent said there is some kind of note on the reservation says price match not eligible, probably added by the first agent. I guess this is the end game since I'm stuck with non refundable reservation.

Conclusion:
Just experienced some new level of BS from price match agent. For members, the whole point of booking on hilton.com is getting benefit like breakfast or point, but now it's rediculous when they trice to "price-in" the benefits.
If you are determined to get a price match, probably book refundable and cancel the reservation if no success.
kyushuman, Ted S and lgormley like this.
Old Jul 11, 2022, 3:12 pm

Programs: DL , AC, BA, Hhonors Diamond, IH Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Wow. That's a new low.
kyushuman likes this.
Old Jul 15, 2022, 12:02 pm

Originally Posted by phxh
...because I'm a Diamond member and Diamond member benefit include breakfast. So it has to be matched with a rate including breakfast (which is probably total BS)...
OMG, yes, defintely a new level of decline BS :X

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.