Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Best Rate Guarantee or BRG

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 27, 2015, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ekozie
We are trying to collate a list of the websites that Hilton's Best Rate Guarantee team consider eligible for the BRG. Please update the following wiki with you successful/rejected BRG claims.

^Successful BRG claims have been made against:
muchoviaje.com - 26/09/2016
expedia.co.uk - 26/09/2016, Jan 2018
Expedia.com (US) - 18/09/2017
Expedia.ca - 1/20/18
happyrooms.com - 30/09/2016, 25/Jan/2017, 28/Jan/2017, 27/Feb/2017, 23/July/2017
hotelscombined.com - 17/Jan/2017
priceline.com (standard booking, not a bid or express booking)- 05/Oct/2016, 15/May/2017, 22/Apr/2018, 22/Oct/18, 25/Nov/18
prestigia.com - 24/Jan/2017
orbitz.com - Dec 2017
prestigia.com - Dec 2017, January 2018
nustay.com - Feb 2020

Unauthorised Sites for BRG Claim:
roomertravel.com - 16/09/2016
prestigia.com - 27/09/2016 - 'does not instantly confirm'
hoteltravel.com - August 2016 - " there have been discrepancies in the way the website has been displaying prices recently, and we are not satisfied that the website's processes are fair and transparent."
destinia.com - 29/09/2016 - 12 EUR Administration Fee for any cancellation vs Hilton Fully Flex
Travel.AmericaExpress.co.uk - 29/09/2016 Amex Card holders only
Bedfinder.com 6/8/17 - The third party site bedfinder.com is no longer considered to be valid
skoosh.com - denied 10//4/18

BRG claims on non-refundable rates are a gamble at best. Hilton can ask 3rd party sites to remove rates when they "sell unbundled wholesale rates", and screenshots are no longer sufficient proof. You will end up with the non-refundable rate booked, if the rate is gone when your claim is being reviewed.

On 18 November 2014 (see post #1261 of the archived thread), the HHonorsRepresentative listed 15 third-party websites that were 'no longer authorized to distribute our hotels’ static rates':
  • Alpharooms.com
  • Amoma.com
  • Cleartrip.com
  • Despegar
  • Elvoline
  • Galahotels
  • Hotelpronto.com
  • Jumbotours
  • LMT.com
  • Secretescapes
  • Simplytravel.de
  • TravelRepublic
  • Wego
  • Worldwideholidays.com.au

However, on 19 December 2014 (see post #3 of this thread), the HHonorsRepresentative announced a change of policy, stating that:
Originally Posted by HonorsRepresentative
Moving forward, we will approve claims from these sites as long as the offered rates meet the other BRG requirements we have in place, as we recognize that this is in the best interest of our members.

The Best Rate Guarantee exists so that our guests feel confident going to Hilton Worldwide channels to find the best rates that we offer. We strive for pricing accuracy in all our channels, and the BRG helps identify when that is not the case.
The HonorsRepresentative has not issued any subsequent statement suggesting another change of policy and a return to the previous 'blacklist'.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the late 2014/2015 BRG thread - for the original thread please check here

Hilton Best Rate Guarantee, or BRG: The Definitive Thread

Thanks!

Squeakr
for the HH Mod Team of squeakr, Canarsie and Kiwi Flyer
--------
Print Wikipost

Hilton Best Rate Guarantee or BRG

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2021, 9:35 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
I hate games and as a general rule if I get denied a claim on false reasons I just cancel and book the next 3 stays elsewhere. Luckily I am not tied to any one chain anymore but I don't play games. If a claim fits the rules then approve it if not then deny it thats one thing I appreciated with SPG back in the days. But its of the end of the world just annoying and bad customer service
Old Sep 16, 2021, 9:58 am

Doubletree Putrajaya Lakeside
Oct 2021 stay
Hilton rate RM285
Competing rate RM270
BRG rate RM203

Takes some effort to persuade Gold desk to review this claim as the BRG link is down
Old Sep 16, 2021, 10:36 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Sure enough another denial, asked for screen shots which they deny again saying the SS does not show its a twin room with the cancellation free of charge till xx date but all that is there clearly in english

Sigh
Old Sep 24, 2021, 10:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There's no issue BRGing an AP Breakfast Inc rate right? Obviously like for like.
Old Sep 24, 2021, 11:54 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by hugolover
There's no issue BRGing an AP Breakfast Inc rate right? Obviously like for like.
It's fine.
Old Oct 14, 2021, 12:09 pm

Originally Posted by Queen5219
Submitted a claim and sent in screenshots of lower booking.com price that was a “mobile rate”. It was denied because while everything matched the final booking.com page shows total rate (pre tax and post), but Hilton said they need the per night rate displayed. I couldn’t find that stated in their T&Cs anywhere. Random rule and out of my control that booking.com didn’t show the per night rate. I said ok, no sweat, I’ll just cancel my direct reservation and book with booking.com. Suddenly, they then sent me an email approving the claim as a “goodwill gesture” even though I didn’t meet the rules.

For me, it wasn’t worth all the extra time and phone calls to get the match rate.
I just had the same experience. Doesn’t appear to be one of the rules, and booking.com just don’t show the per night rate.

I understand this is a game and it’s all a marketing scam, but now come Marriott can do it effectively and (generally) within 24 hours?
And trying to do it via Hilton’s call center… don’t try
Old Oct 15, 2021, 6:33 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Is there a reason this posters don't include OTA they're matching against? It would be highly useful, no?
Old Oct 16, 2021, 12:23 am

Programs: tk gold, lh ftl, ab gold
Denied a claim against Tui.com.

Two reasons for rejecting my claim, from two separate PMG team members:
1. Tui.com is not an eligible site due to it is not offered world wide.
2. TUI is not an eligible website because full deposit needs to paid for flexible rates and the company has their own cancellation policies. Modification and cancellation fees also apply which is not necessarily the case if you book with us directly.

What does that even mean? I was comparing prepaid rates that match 100%. So, as they can't disqualify my claim, they disqualify the entire third-party website for random reasons not listed in the PMG T&C.
Old Oct 16, 2021, 7:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by igor82j
Denied a claim against Tui.com.

Two reasons for rejecting my claim, from two separate PMG team members:
1. Tui.com is not an eligible site due to it is not offered world wide.
2. TUI is not an eligible website because full deposit needs to paid for flexible rates and the company has their own cancellation policies. Modification and cancellation fees also apply which is not necessarily the case if you book with us directly.

What does that even mean? I was comparing prepaid rates that match 100%. So, as they can't disqualify my claim, they disqualify the entire third-party website for random reasons not listed in the PMG T&C.
The excuses are irrelevant. PMG staff are trained to find reasons to reject claims.

What we are all waiting for is a high profile Attorney General or consumer protection entity taking a hotel chain to court for not actually honouring the T&Cs of their BRG policy...
lgormley likes this.
Old Oct 18, 2021, 4:15 pm

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
Originally Posted by sunshinebob
Conrad Las Vegas - Dec 2021 3 night booking

Original price Inc taxes & resort fee :- $1036
Expedia price Inc taxes & resort fee :- $817
New BRG price Inc taxes & resort fee :- $651

Agreed in less than a hour.
The direct rate is now $626 so cancelled and booked again.

It's a little cheaper on Priceline so submitted another BRG which was rejected as "the cancellation policy of the third-party rate (6th December 11.59pm) does not match exactly the cancellation policy of the rate you have booked with Hilton (7th December 03.59pm hotel local time). "

Last edited by sunshinebob; Oct 20, 2021 at 5:01 am
Old Oct 23, 2021, 2:23 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Glob
Called for a price match for the first time and I was told they would only match prices from one of the six websites: hotels.com, booking.com, expedia.com, priceline.com, orbitz.com, and travelocity.com.

I said it wasn't mentioned anywhere on the Hilton price match fine print. She told me the back office has informed them that it has to be from one of these websites now and they are trying to update the Hilton page.

This defeats the whole purpose of the best match guarantee. Cancelled my Hilton booking and booked on the 3rd party website to save $300.
lgormley likes this.
Old Oct 25, 2021, 9:33 pm

Programs: SQ Elite Gold, HH Gold, Bonvoy Platinum
First attempt since Covid:

HGI Marina Del Rey (weekend stay):
Hilton: $182
Trip.com: $169
New: $127

Called in to book. Had to use the US hotline as the Asian hotline seems to no longer exist. Done in 15 minutes. As long as you're okay with non-refundable rates (which reduces the amount of potential fine print issues), I never had any problems.
flockavelliFT likes this.
Old Oct 26, 2021, 6:46 pm

Programs: DL , AC, BA, Hhonors Diamond, IH Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by SP03
Called for a price match for the first time and I was told they would only match prices from one of the six websites: hotels.com, booking.com, expedia.com, priceline.com, orbitz.com, and travelocity.com.

I said it wasn't mentioned anywhere on the Hilton price match fine print. She told me the back office has informed them that it has to be from one of these websites now and they are trying to update the Hilton page.

This defeats the whole purpose of the best match guarantee. Cancelled my Hilton booking and booked on the 3rd party website to save $300.
To put it in the vernacular, this is BS. You can't enforce a policy that isn't even written. Appalling. Hilton corporate should get hell for this.
lgormley likes this.
Old Nov 11, 2021, 2:24 pm

Got a successful pricematch against Expedia for a non-refundable rate at the Hilton Grand Vacations Tuscany Village in Orlando in Nov 2021. Took about 45 minutes on the phone, and at the end of the call, they tried to transfer me to some kind of sales pitch with the promise of 500 points.
Old Nov 19, 2021, 10:16 am

I just tried to complete a price match for a new reservation over the phone, and the agent claims that they cannot price match nonrefundable rates. They claim this is the case even when this is not listed in the publicly-facing price match guarantee terms and that the lower rate was found at one of the allowed sites (Priceline).

What is the point behind offering a price match guarantee if they just fabricate restrictions that are not listed in the publicly available policy terms?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.