Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Best Rate Guarantee or BRG

Old Feb 27, 2015, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ekozie
We are trying to collate a list of the websites that Hilton's Best Rate Guarantee team consider eligible for the BRG. Please update the following wiki with you successful/rejected BRG claims.

^Successful BRG claims have been made against:
muchoviaje.com - 26/09/2016
expedia.co.uk - 26/09/2016, Jan 2018
Expedia.com (US) - 18/09/2017
Expedia.ca - 1/20/18
happyrooms.com - 30/09/2016, 25/Jan/2017, 28/Jan/2017, 27/Feb/2017, 23/July/2017
hotelscombined.com - 17/Jan/2017
priceline.com (standard booking, not a bid or express booking)- 05/Oct/2016, 15/May/2017, 22/Apr/2018, 22/Oct/18, 25/Nov/18
prestigia.com - 24/Jan/2017
orbitz.com - Dec 2017
prestigia.com - Dec 2017, January 2018
nustay.com - Feb 2020

Unauthorised Sites for BRG Claim:
roomertravel.com - 16/09/2016
prestigia.com - 27/09/2016 - 'does not instantly confirm'
hoteltravel.com - August 2016 - " there have been discrepancies in the way the website has been displaying prices recently, and we are not satisfied that the website's processes are fair and transparent."
destinia.com - 29/09/2016 - 12 EUR Administration Fee for any cancellation vs Hilton Fully Flex
Travel.AmericaExpress.co.uk - 29/09/2016 Amex Card holders only
Bedfinder.com 6/8/17 - The third party site bedfinder.com is no longer considered to be valid
skoosh.com - denied 10//4/18

BRG claims on non-refundable rates are a gamble at best. Hilton can ask 3rd party sites to remove rates when they "sell unbundled wholesale rates", and screenshots are no longer sufficient proof. You will end up with the non-refundable rate booked, if the rate is gone when your claim is being reviewed.

On 18 November 2014 (see post #1261 of the archived thread), the HHonorsRepresentative listed 15 third-party websites that were 'no longer authorized to distribute our hotels’ static rates':
  • Alpharooms.com
  • Amoma.com
  • Cleartrip.com
  • Despegar
  • Elvoline
  • Galahotels
  • Hotelpronto.com
  • Jumbotours
  • LMT.com
  • Secretescapes
  • Simplytravel.de
  • TravelRepublic
  • Wego
  • Worldwideholidays.com.au

However, on 19 December 2014 (see post #3 of this thread), the HHonorsRepresentative announced a change of policy, stating that:
Originally Posted by HonorsRepresentative
Moving forward, we will approve claims from these sites as long as the offered rates meet the other BRG requirements we have in place, as we recognize that this is in the best interest of our members.

The Best Rate Guarantee exists so that our guests feel confident going to Hilton Worldwide channels to find the best rates that we offer. We strive for pricing accuracy in all our channels, and the BRG helps identify when that is not the case.
The HonorsRepresentative has not issued any subsequent statement suggesting another change of policy and a return to the previous 'blacklist'.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the late 2014/2015 BRG thread - for the original thread please check here

Hilton Best Rate Guarantee, or BRG: The Definitive Thread

Thanks!

Squeakr
for the HH Mod Team of squeakr, Canarsie and Kiwi Flyer
--------
Print Wikipost

Hilton Best Rate Guarantee or BRG

Old Mar 22, 2021, 3:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by TravelingZoomer
You're unfortunately SOL, because the terms of your stay aren't exactly the same
Or you keep re-submitting until some agent becomes more tired of rejecting than approving...

Calling Hilton also sometimes gets you to a less experienced agent who will accept more claims that make logical (but not T&C) sense.
Schwann likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2021, 11:26 am

Programs: IHG Rewards Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, UA/DL/AA Back of the plane...
Was looking for a hotel for a trip I need to take this weekend and found a potential price match guarantee. I have always made the reservation and then filled out the form but today tried calling reservations for the first time to try to have them just make the reservation for me, My call was automatically connected to the diamond desk who found the rate and adjusted accordingly. Very happy camper here!
pmarrsouth likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2021, 9:11 pm

Programs: DL , AC, BA, Hhonors Diamond, IH Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by craigthemif
Or you keep re-submitting until some agent becomes more tired of rejecting than approving...

Calling Hilton also sometimes gets you to a less experienced agent who will accept more claims that make logical (but not T&C) sense.
This has been a successful strategy for me more than once. Wear them down before they wear you down.
Schwann likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2021, 12:15 pm

Doing the BRG merry-go-round and currently on hold for 40 minutes.

I'm 90% confident that often times these reps will just keep you on hold for ages to try and get you to hang up. I actually think from my experience it's better to just hang up and call again after 20 minutes of getting jerked around, but this is my first call so whatever.

Anyways, I'm curious if these phone reps would get penalized in any way for doing this? Aren't they supposed to clear a certain number of calls? Isn't it kind of a red flag if they sat on hold for an hour while taking a coffee break? I've had my suspicions that Hilton encourages them to make it difficult to do BRGs so I guess they might have an official method of identifying that they were spending all that time on hold to deny BRGs.
Schwann likes this.
Old Apr 18, 2021, 11:29 am

Programs: IHG Rewards Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, UA/DL/AA Back of the plane...
I have had very good luck on my last two requests for a price match. The first one I called before I made a reservation and the agent booked it for me with no problem. The second I made the reservation and submitted the request form. I had a positive response followed by a updated confirmation in less than 30 minutes.
Schwann likes this.
Old Apr 19, 2021, 6:25 pm

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
Hilton Madison Monona Terrace hotel for last Friday. It was Thursday AM when I booked.
Hilton.com price: $116+ taxes
Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com and many more were $99+ tax for same room.
First did an online one and was rejected because it was "same day or previous day" to check in. Please call, it said.
When I called the agent refused because "This claim was already rejected" -- then got her to look anyway and she agreed, but her system was "down" and so she was waiting. 35 minutes on hold and then.... click, dial tone.
Second call: I said I'd found it on Orbitz. She replied, "You know Orbitz doesn't even sell the rooms, some other agent does so they aren't accepted"-- I then said, "How about Expedia, Hotels.com, etc etc etc. and got her to look. She agreed and found the rate and changed the reservation.
Total time: 1 hour 5 minutes. Final price $74+ tax, total $85 instead of the originally booked $133.

PS-- best hotel stay I've had during Covid-- especially as a Diamond! Got a slight upgrade to lake view, and the gym and pool were open (with reservations easily made). Best of all was that, instead of the restaurant being totally closed, they only do Room Service breakfast, and Diamonds get a $18x2 credit per day for Room Service breakfast on weekends. Very nice food and well presented. Totally good experience, especially for $74!
Schwann likes this.
Old Apr 22, 2021, 3:26 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
My 4th successful BRG of the year!

As per usual they claimed to not be able to find the rate, I then sent screenshot evidence and without further argument they processed the BRG! I was nearly bowled over. Usually requires several attempts whereby a different hoop is erected to jump through. Pleasantly surprised.
kyushuman likes this.
Old Apr 23, 2021, 4:57 pm

Programs: DL , AC, BA, Hhonors Diamond, IH Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
I tried my first one since the shutdown. I found a rate of $70 on Priceline for a Tru in Dallas that was $76 through Hilton. But it was one of PL's "short time only" rates, and by the time Hilton checked it, they couldn't find it anymore. I couldn't either, at that point. I had a screenshot, but didn't bother to argue.
Old May 4, 2021, 1:32 pm

Programs: bits of shiny plastic w/ varied utility
Pathetic AND useless

On the rare occasions I've used the PMG program, I've been satisfied: quick responses and approvals. Something has changed.

I'm currently in an extended email exchange over a claim. Short version:
  • claim denied - send screenshot
  • claim denied for mismatched room type (it's not) - push back
  • claim denied for being "mobile rate" - push back T&Cs are silent about "mobile rates"
  • claim denied for being "logged in to 3rd party site and using 'member' rate" - I'm not and it's not
  • claim denied for screenshots not showing "final booking page" - of course they do!

Sigh. Oh how deeply I miss the days of Adam Burke!
Old May 4, 2021, 3:57 pm

Originally Posted by 24.05.2004
On the rare occasions I've used the PMG program, I've been satisfied: quick responses and approvals. Something has changed.

I'm currently in an extended email exchange over a claim. Short version:
  • claim denied - send screenshot
  • claim denied for mismatched room type (it's not) - push back
  • claim denied for being "mobile rate" - push back T&Cs are silent about "mobile rates"
  • claim denied for being "logged in to 3rd party site and using 'member' rate" - I'm not and it's not
  • claim denied for screenshots not showing "final booking page" - of course they do!

Sigh. Oh how deeply I miss the days of Adam Burke!
Make a new reservation and try again.

Sometimes it's just luck of the agent!

​​​​​​
​​
Old May 5, 2021, 8:30 am

Does anyone know if you are required to show a frontline worker ID when checking in with a frontline discount?

After a 1.5 hour attempt to price match a Priceline hotel (long story short, they both had the same nightly rate but Priceline had a ~5% tax rate and Hilton had a ~15% tax rate for some reason, leading to a pretty big difference in check out price, and the rep was going in circles trying to understand tax laws and we both couldn't figure it out), the rep said he could not price match but he could apply a different discount code if I booked through the phone with him. I said yes and he booked it for me, and I have not thought much about it. But I just noticed my reservation says something like "thank you for being a frontline worker". I looked at their frontline thank you website, and saw it says Proper ID checked upon arrival, which I do not have (I am not a frontline worker).

I am now thinking that maybe the rep was getting annoyed with me and just wanted me to book something or get off the phone, so he manually applied the frontline discount code to my order to get me to book it. But if I need to show a frontline ID at the check in, will I get turned away or will the rep at the desk be able to see my call history or notes for my booking? Any help here or if someone has been through the same situation, advice would be much appreciated!
Old May 5, 2021, 9:02 am

Originally Posted by mawr
Does anyone know if you are required to show a frontline worker ID when checking in with a frontline discount?

After a 1.5 hour attempt to price match a Priceline hotel (long story short, they both had the same nightly rate but Priceline had a ~5% tax rate and Hilton had a ~15% tax rate for some reason, leading to a pretty big difference in check out price, and the rep was going in circles trying to understand tax laws and we both couldn't figure it out), the rep said he could not price match but he could apply a different discount code if I booked through the phone with him. I said yes and he booked it for me, and I have not thought much about it. But I just noticed my reservation says something like "thank you for being a frontline worker". I looked at their frontline thank you website, and saw it says Proper ID checked upon arrival, which I do not have (I am not a frontline worker).

I am now thinking that maybe the rep was getting annoyed with me and just wanted me to book something or get off the phone, so he manually applied the frontline discount code to my order to get me to book it. But if I need to show a frontline ID at the check in, will I get turned away or will the rep at the desk be able to see my call history or notes for my booking? Any help here or if someone has been through the same situation, advice would be much appreciated!
I qualify for the rate but never had to show any evidence. I have used the discount a few times.
Old May 10, 2021, 8:52 am

Can anyone confirm that Hilton does not accept screenshots from the booking.com mobile app?
Old May 10, 2021, 8:58 am

Originally Posted by cigh
Can anyone confirm that Hilton does not accept screenshots from the booking.com mobile app?
If that means it's a "mobile/app only" price I would imagine they'd reject it. They're very picky these days.
cigh likes this.
Old May 10, 2021, 9:47 am

Programs: bits of shiny plastic w/ varied utility
Originally Posted by Schwann
Make a new reservation and try again.

Sometimes it's just luck of the agent!

​​​​​​
​​
I resolved it by sending a screenshot of my cancellation email. Life is too short when there are plenty of empty hotel rooms.
Schwann and cigh like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.