Hilton Best Rate Guarantee or BRG

Hide Wikipost
Old Apr 27, 19, 7:07 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: hotturnip
Wiki Link
We are trying to collate a list of the websites that Hilton's Best Rate Guarantee team consider eligible for the BRG. Please update the following wiki with you successful/rejected BRG claims.

Successful BRG claims have been made against:
muchoviaje.com - 26/09/2016
expedia.co.uk - 26/09/2016, Jan 2018
Expedia.com (US) - 18/09/2017
Expedia.ca - 1/20/18
happyrooms.com - 30/09/2016, 25/Jan/2017, 28/Jan/2017, 27/Feb/2017, 23/July/2017
hotelscombined.com - 17/Jan/2017
priceline.com (standard booking, not a bid or express booking)- 05/Oct/2016, 15/May/2017, 22/Apr/2018, 22/Oct/18, 25/Nov/18
prestigia.com - 24/Jan/2017
orbitz.com - Dec 2017
prestigia.com - Dec 2017, January 2018

Unauthorised Sites for BRG Claim:
roomertravel.com - 16/09/2016
prestigia.com - 27/09/2016 - 'does not instantly confirm'
hoteltravel.com - August 2016 - " there have been discrepancies in the way the website has been displaying prices recently, and we are not satisfied that the website's processes are fair and transparent."
destinia.com - 29/09/2016 - 12 EUR Administration Fee for any cancellation vs Hilton Fully Flex
Travel.AmericaExpress.co.uk - 29/09/2016 Amex Card holders only
Bedfinder.com 6/8/17 - The third party site bedfinder.com is no longer considered to be valid
skoosh.com - denied 10//4/18

BRG claims on non-refundable rates are a gamble at best. Hilton can ask 3rd party sites to remove rates when they "sell unbundled wholesale rates", and screenshots are no longer sufficient proof. You will end up with the non-refundable rate booked, if the rate is gone when your claim is being reviewed.

On 18 November 2014 (see post #1261 of the archived thread), the HHonorsRepresentative listed 15 third-party websites that were 'no longer authorized to distribute our hotelsí static rates':
  • Alpharooms.com
  • Amoma.com
  • Cleartrip.com
  • Despegar
  • Elvoline
  • Galahotels
  • Hotelpronto.com
  • Jumbotours
  • LMT.com
  • Secretescapes
  • Simplytravel.de
  • TravelRepublic
  • Wego
  • Worldwideholidays.com.au

However, on 19 December 2014 (see post #3 of this thread), the HHonorsRepresentative announced a change of policy, stating that:
Originally Posted by HonorsRepresentative View Post
Moving forward, we will approve claims from these sites as long as the offered rates meet the other BRG requirements we have in place, as we recognize that this is in the best interest of our members.

The Best Rate Guarantee exists so that our guests feel confident going to Hilton Worldwide channels to find the best rates that we offer. We strive for pricing accuracy in all our channels, and the BRG helps identify when that is not the case.
The HonorsRepresentative has not issued any subsequent statement suggesting another change of policy and a return to the previous 'blacklist'.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the late 2014/2015 BRG thread - for the original thread please check here

Hilton Best Rate Guarantee, or BRG: The Definitive Thread

Thanks!

Squeakr
for the HH Mod Team of squeakr, Canarsie and Kiwi Flyer
--------
Print Wikipost

Old May 24, 18, 10:18 am

how do we reach out to Lauren for help on a BRG? Its almost like the mattress stores that claim if you find a lower price they will give you their mattress for FREEEEEEEEEEEEE, yet they have the exclusive on the product so its never going to happen.

Last edited by azmmza; May 24, 18 at 12:54 pm
Old May 25, 18, 10:17 am

Programs: HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Marriott, Choice, IHG, Hertz FiveStar,
Claim submitted for HIlton Back Bay Boston.
Hilton Rate: $383.00
Hotelsforeveryone thru Trivago: $271
Same room type, same cancellation policy.
The claim was denied because they couldn't find the rate on Hotelsforeveryone.com.

I followed up with screen shots on Sunday night and still haven't gotten a response. Lauren, if you are here, would you please look into Claim #23944211 ?

Thank you so much!!
Old May 26, 18, 9:30 am

Claim submitted for Hilton Paris Charles De Gaulle Airport
Hilton rate: 115.79 euro per night, 463.16 euro for 4 nights
Hotels.com rate (mobile site, i.e use your phone not PC): 93 euro per night, 372.76 euro for 4 nights
Claim #:
Same room type, same cancellation policy
The claim was denied because they couldn't find the rate at hotels.com

Lauren, could you please look into this? thank you!
Old May 29, 18, 10:51 am

Originally Posted by gyinsu View Post
Claim submitted for Hilton Paris Charles De Gaulle Airport
Hilton rate: 115.79 euro per night, 463.16 euro for 4 nights
Hotels.com rate (mobile site, i.e use your phone not PC): 93 euro per night, 372.76 euro for 4 nights
Claim #:
Same room type, same cancellation policy
The claim was denied because they couldn't find the rate at hotels.com

Lauren, could you please look into this? thank you!
Aaaaaaaand this is why one takes screenshots of rates that might be grounds for Best Rate Guarantee claims.
Old May 29, 18, 11:12 am

Claim submitted for Hilton Doubletree Amsterdam (end of September)
Hilton rate 215 Euro/night, 455.80 Euro / 2 nights
matched with galahotels.com: final price 192.71 Euro / 2 nights
Old May 31, 18, 8:28 am

Programs: HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Marriott, Choice, IHG, Hertz FiveStar,
Originally Posted by Staley Cornell View Post
Claim submitted for HIlton Back Bay Boston.
Hilton Rate: $383.00
Hotelsforeveryone thru Trivago: $271
Same room type, same cancellation policy.
The claim was denied because they couldn't find the rate on Hotelsforeveryone.com.

I followed up with screen shots on Sunday night and still haven't gotten a response. Lauren, if you are here, would you please look into Claim #23944211 ?

Thank you so much!!
Still no response from the BRG Guest Relations group. @HonorsRepresentative can you advise on this claim? Thank you so much!
Old May 31, 18, 9:15 am

Claim submitted for Hilton Gardin Inn Rome (October 2018)
Hilton rate 230 Euro/night - 726.00 Euro / 3 nights (incl. taxes)
matched with galahotels.com: 119.48/night - 394.55 Euro / 3 nights (incl. taxes)
Old May 31, 18, 10:09 am
Company Representative - Honors by Hilton

Programs: Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by Staley Cornell View Post
Still no response from the BRG Guest Relations group. @HonorsRepresentative can you advise on this claim? Thank you so much!
Hi Staley Cornell,

Sent you a PM with more info.

Thanks!
Lauren
Staley Cornell likes this.
Old May 31, 18, 1:22 pm

Made claim for Curio Mahogany Bay Belize. 7 night total was approximately $1850. Orbitz (also expedia, hotels.com and travelocity) all had the same room and cancellation policy for about $1750. My initial claim was denied stating that the Orbitz price was either the same or higher than my original Hilton booking. I emailed back details of each booking and how they matched and how orbitz was cheaper for each night. Also included a date and timestamped screen capture of the orbitz page showing them that the price was cheaper both before and after submitting the claim. Received an email this morning saying they would refund me $450ish for a successful claim. As mentioned above, I think the screen capture might be the golden ticket here. I still haven't been charged for the original booking, so I'm interested to see how the refund will work.
Old Jun 2, 18, 3:09 am

Hilton Garden Inn Center City Philadelphia PA
2 nights in June, King room flexible rate with breakfast
Hilton rate : 214 USD/night, total with taxes 499 USD
Travelzoo.com rate : 119 USD/night, total 277
Final price : 89 USD/night, total with taxes 208 USD
Approved in less than 1 hour (!)
paul00 likes this.
Old Jun 2, 18, 10:01 pm

How does Hilton BRG work?

Hi - I am fairly new to Hilton and would like to know how the process really works. Does one compare refundable rates on the Hilton site with refundable rates on the OTA? Do room types and cancellation penalties have to match exactly? What are the other 'gotchas' that I have to watch out for? Presume trying to BRG against a non-refundable rate is just too risky?
Old Jun 6, 18, 3:32 pm

Originally Posted by JasWon View Post
Hi - I am fairly new to Hilton and would like to know how the process really works. Does one compare refundable rates on the Hilton site with refundable rates on the OTA? Do room types and cancellation penalties have to match exactly? What are the other 'gotchas' that I have to watch out for? Presume trying to BRG against a non-refundable rate is just too risky?
Everything needs to match. Dates of stay, length of stay, Room type and bed type, number of guests and cancellation policy must be an identical match. Non-refundable rates are possible to match (see my post a few above), but it has to be a non-refundable Hilton reservation and a non-refundable reservation on another website.

You can't submit screenshots in the initial submission for the BRG claim. But if you are denied, you can submit screenshots of your reservation as well as the identical OTA one in case they claim it cannot be replicated.
Old Jun 8, 18, 6:53 pm

So, an expedia "member rate"- which means you need to login to expedia is not a valid rate for match.Anyone with a name and email can sign up for expedia. Have never had an issue with Marriott. This is pretty scammy.
Old Jun 9, 18, 11:32 am

I submitted two BRG claims this week for two separate hotels on two separate days, but both with rates on the same third party website. One was accepted and the other was rejected because the third party website was deemed ineligible! (Not the rate, but the website). It looks like inconsistency might still affect the Hilton BRG program!
Old Jun 9, 18, 12:17 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold, CM Presidential / *A Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by Simon Schus View Post
I submitted two BRG claims this week for two separate hotels on two separate days, but both with rates on the same third party website. One was accepted and the other was rejected because the third party website was deemed ineligible! (Not the rate, but the website). It looks like inconsistency might still affect the Hilton BRG program!
Prestigia?

Search this Thread