Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Best Rate Guarantee or BRG

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 27, 2015, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ekozie
We are trying to collate a list of the websites that Hilton's Best Rate Guarantee team consider eligible for the BRG. Please update the following wiki with you successful/rejected BRG claims.

^Successful BRG claims have been made against:
muchoviaje.com - 26/09/2016
expedia.co.uk - 26/09/2016, Jan 2018
Expedia.com (US) - 18/09/2017
Expedia.ca - 1/20/18
happyrooms.com - 30/09/2016, 25/Jan/2017, 28/Jan/2017, 27/Feb/2017, 23/July/2017
hotelscombined.com - 17/Jan/2017
priceline.com (standard booking, not a bid or express booking)- 05/Oct/2016, 15/May/2017, 22/Apr/2018, 22/Oct/18, 25/Nov/18
prestigia.com - 24/Jan/2017
orbitz.com - Dec 2017
prestigia.com - Dec 2017, January 2018
nustay.com - Feb 2020

Unauthorised Sites for BRG Claim:
roomertravel.com - 16/09/2016
prestigia.com - 27/09/2016 - 'does not instantly confirm'
hoteltravel.com - August 2016 - " there have been discrepancies in the way the website has been displaying prices recently, and we are not satisfied that the website's processes are fair and transparent."
destinia.com - 29/09/2016 - 12 EUR Administration Fee for any cancellation vs Hilton Fully Flex
Travel.AmericaExpress.co.uk - 29/09/2016 Amex Card holders only
Bedfinder.com 6/8/17 - The third party site bedfinder.com is no longer considered to be valid
skoosh.com - denied 10//4/18

BRG claims on non-refundable rates are a gamble at best. Hilton can ask 3rd party sites to remove rates when they "sell unbundled wholesale rates", and screenshots are no longer sufficient proof. You will end up with the non-refundable rate booked, if the rate is gone when your claim is being reviewed.

On 18 November 2014 (see post #1261 of the archived thread), the HHonorsRepresentative listed 15 third-party websites that were 'no longer authorized to distribute our hotels’ static rates':
  • Alpharooms.com
  • Amoma.com
  • Cleartrip.com
  • Despegar
  • Elvoline
  • Galahotels
  • Hotelpronto.com
  • Jumbotours
  • LMT.com
  • Secretescapes
  • Simplytravel.de
  • TravelRepublic
  • Wego
  • Worldwideholidays.com.au

However, on 19 December 2014 (see post #3 of this thread), the HHonorsRepresentative announced a change of policy, stating that:
Originally Posted by HonorsRepresentative
Moving forward, we will approve claims from these sites as long as the offered rates meet the other BRG requirements we have in place, as we recognize that this is in the best interest of our members.

The Best Rate Guarantee exists so that our guests feel confident going to Hilton Worldwide channels to find the best rates that we offer. We strive for pricing accuracy in all our channels, and the BRG helps identify when that is not the case.
The HonorsRepresentative has not issued any subsequent statement suggesting another change of policy and a return to the previous 'blacklist'.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the late 2014/2015 BRG thread - for the original thread please check here

Hilton Best Rate Guarantee, or BRG: The Definitive Thread

Thanks!

Squeakr
for the HH Mod Team of squeakr, Canarsie and Kiwi Flyer
--------
Print Wikipost

Hilton Best Rate Guarantee or BRG

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2020, 10:43 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by Yunnnn
Terrible process calling the regular line on the website. Should've called the diamond desk directly.
Yes, if you have the option, always use the DIamond Desk as the first line of getting a BRG done. The regular line is absolutely horrid at it. I prefer calling the Diamond Desk. My second choice is filing the claim online. I've been very lucky with that as well.
Old Jun 12, 2020, 9:47 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Calling Diamond line for BRG, 47 minutes on hold and counting... ended up submitting online claim. Let's see.

UPDATE - Got email reply within 30min, but the lower rate was a hotels.com "secret price", so no go.

Last edited by italdesign; Jun 12, 2020 at 1:49 pm
Old Jun 14, 2020, 7:55 pm

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
So I guess BRG claims are still a thing?

Is it ethical to file a claim when hotels are at minimal occupancy rates? Legitimate question as I am based in NZ and Hiltons here are up and running, although they rates are higher than the same time last year, so I'm wondering if I should take the plunge...
Old Jun 14, 2020, 8:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
The program exists to "keep them honest". Someone might as well do it, as a service to the guest community as a whole. Most others have better things to do with their time.
Old Jun 15, 2020, 11:26 am

Programs: IHG Rewards Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, UA/DL/AA Back of the plane...
Anyone have a delay in hearing back on a claim... I am at 36+ hours since I submitted my claim and have not heard back. Also - have not received a confirmation of the claim (I seem to remember not getting one in the past)

I all fairness I did it at 1AM and pretty sure I got a confirmation screen - but might be mistaken.
Old Jun 16, 2020, 3:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by RafKa

Is it ethical to file a claim when hotels are at minimal occupancy rates?
Yes it is "ethical". BRG claims are necessary to keep hotels, OTAs, etc. honest about what is promised... that the lowest rates will be available directly from hilton.com.

Originally Posted by SPN Lifer
Most others have better things to do with their time.
"Better things to do? Perhaps merely "other things to do"...

Saving potentially hundreds of $$$ for a few quick searches and filling in an online form is going to provide a better $ per hour than most people's day jobs. Most people aren't on Flyertalk because they prefer to pay more $$$ for their travel simply to avoid having to think too much about it.
Schwann likes this.
Old Jun 16, 2020, 9:52 am

Programs: IHG Rewards Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, UA/DL/AA Back of the plane...
Originally Posted by fwfdan
Anyone have a delay in hearing back on a claim... I am at 36+ hours since I submitted my claim and have not heard back. Also - have not received a confirmation of the claim (I seem to remember not getting one in the past)

I all fairness I did it at 1AM and pretty sure I got a confirmation screen - but might be mistaken.
Well we're looking at about 60 hours and no response. Think I'll give it one more day and then chalk it up to user error and try again.
Old Jun 21, 2020, 10:30 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Now that I am tentatively scheduling Q4 trips I thought I would avail of the Hilton BRG.

Attempt #1 = Success
Attempt #2 = Rebooking above attempt as price has come down a bit. FAIL: because "the rooms aren't the same". They are.
Attempt #3 = The amenities are different, you can get late checkout with the Hilton reservation (I assume they mean as a perk of my Gold status!).

Glad they are still on top form.
kyushuman likes this.
Old Jun 30, 2020, 7:35 am

I didn't got a written response beside a new confirmation, but they only changed my booked flexible rate to the new Hilton Honors Dream Away instead of giving 25% Disount on the lower rate I've found on booking.com
Old Jun 30, 2020, 12:36 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Axwell D
I didn't got a written response beside a new confirmation, but they only changed my booked flexible rate to the new Hilton Honors Dream Away instead of giving 25% Disount on the lower rate I've found on booking.com
Is the dream away rate cheaper than the booking.com rate?
Old Jul 16, 2020, 2:03 pm

Denied BRG (priceline rate) and after I got the email I looked for the rate I did not see it either so thought it must have changed since I saw it and they responded. Then I retraced my steps. I had started with Kayak that directed me to Priceline (not signed into either site) and found the rate. I took screen shots and the were able to find the rate. Success!

They said they were matching the rate and reducing 25%. It has been about 4 hours since I got the OK on the match but no update to the reservation. I emailed back and they said it can take up to 48 hours to be updated. Is that new with Covid-19 or has that always been the case?

EDIT to add: took another few hours but they updated the rate!

Last edited by fwfdan; Jul 16, 2020 at 4:28 pm
Old Jul 19, 2020, 3:50 pm

Programs: UA Silver/ AA EXP/Hyatt Globalist/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Hilton Diamond
Does the BRG rate submitted have to in the same currency s the hotel rate or can the agent convert?

I did my first BRG today. My first quote was from expedia.ca for a US hotel. I called the Diamond desk and this was his first ever BRG. I found a similar rate on expedia.com and went ahead with that. I just want to know for future reference do they need to be in the same currency and if not then how should one advise a phone agent to check currency? Thanks for your help.

As a data point, my BRG was approved for the Hampton Inn Knoxville West Papermill via expedia.com
Old Jul 19, 2020, 5:23 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG100K, BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat,
Originally Posted by chicaloca453
Does the BRG rate submitted have to in the same currency s the hotel rate or can the agent convert?

I did my first BRG today. My first quote was from expedia.ca for a US hotel. I called the Diamond desk and this was his first ever BRG. I found a similar rate on expedia.com and went ahead with that. I just want to know for future reference do they need to be in the same currency and if not then how should one advise a phone agent to check currency? Thanks for your help.

As a data point, my BRG was approved for the Hampton Inn Knoxville West Papermill via expedia.com
You want to make it as simple as possible for the agent.

I had superstar agents who would do the conversions for you and got the match done in 15 minutes.

I also had agents who didn’t know that there was another currency than USD.

By default assume you’re connecting to the latter
kyushuman and chicaloca453 like this.
Old Jul 22, 2020, 12:50 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
There is something really, really wrong with Hilton BRG curently. I submitted a claim and within 10 yes TEN minutes have received an approval back confirming a 25% discount.

This was for a stay in the DoubleTree Marina Vista, Bodrum, Turkey. Hilton rate was €518.40 and new BRG rate €325.58

Well done Hilton (not often I say that)
kyushuman, haroon145 and paul00 like this.
Old Aug 27, 2020, 5:59 am

Programs: SAS Gold, Hilton Diamond, OWS
I have just tried using the BRG at a Hilton in the Seychelles, and whilst the agent was able to find the lower price (which I have never experienced before), my claim was rejected as "the room which you have booked is a smoking room which is not available on the third party website". This particular Hilton offers only one type of each room and states on its website that "In the villa's, smoking can be done on the outside decks looking out to the beach and/or the garden", i.e. all rooms are non-smoking...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.