Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Best Rate Guarantee or BRG

Old Feb 27, 2015, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ekozie
We are trying to collate a list of the websites that Hilton's Best Rate Guarantee team consider eligible for the BRG. Please update the following wiki with you successful/rejected BRG claims.

^Successful BRG claims have been made against:
muchoviaje.com - 26/09/2016
expedia.co.uk - 26/09/2016, Jan 2018
Expedia.com (US) - 18/09/2017
Expedia.ca - 1/20/18
happyrooms.com - 30/09/2016, 25/Jan/2017, 28/Jan/2017, 27/Feb/2017, 23/July/2017
hotelscombined.com - 17/Jan/2017
priceline.com (standard booking, not a bid or express booking)- 05/Oct/2016, 15/May/2017, 22/Apr/2018, 22/Oct/18, 25/Nov/18
prestigia.com - 24/Jan/2017
orbitz.com - Dec 2017
prestigia.com - Dec 2017, January 2018
nustay.com - Feb 2020

Unauthorised Sites for BRG Claim:
roomertravel.com - 16/09/2016
prestigia.com - 27/09/2016 - 'does not instantly confirm'
hoteltravel.com - August 2016 - " there have been discrepancies in the way the website has been displaying prices recently, and we are not satisfied that the website's processes are fair and transparent."
destinia.com - 29/09/2016 - 12 EUR Administration Fee for any cancellation vs Hilton Fully Flex
Travel.AmericaExpress.co.uk - 29/09/2016 Amex Card holders only
Bedfinder.com 6/8/17 - The third party site bedfinder.com is no longer considered to be valid
skoosh.com - denied 10//4/18

BRG claims on non-refundable rates are a gamble at best. Hilton can ask 3rd party sites to remove rates when they "sell unbundled wholesale rates", and screenshots are no longer sufficient proof. You will end up with the non-refundable rate booked, if the rate is gone when your claim is being reviewed.

On 18 November 2014 (see post #1261 of the archived thread), the HHonorsRepresentative listed 15 third-party websites that were 'no longer authorized to distribute our hotels’ static rates':
  • Alpharooms.com
  • Amoma.com
  • Cleartrip.com
  • Despegar
  • Elvoline
  • Galahotels
  • Hotelpronto.com
  • Jumbotours
  • LMT.com
  • Secretescapes
  • Simplytravel.de
  • TravelRepublic
  • Wego
  • Worldwideholidays.com.au

However, on 19 December 2014 (see post #3 of this thread), the HHonorsRepresentative announced a change of policy, stating that:
Originally Posted by HonorsRepresentative
Moving forward, we will approve claims from these sites as long as the offered rates meet the other BRG requirements we have in place, as we recognize that this is in the best interest of our members.

The Best Rate Guarantee exists so that our guests feel confident going to Hilton Worldwide channels to find the best rates that we offer. We strive for pricing accuracy in all our channels, and the BRG helps identify when that is not the case.
The HonorsRepresentative has not issued any subsequent statement suggesting another change of policy and a return to the previous 'blacklist'.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the late 2014/2015 BRG thread - for the original thread please check here

Hilton Best Rate Guarantee, or BRG: The Definitive Thread

Thanks!

Squeakr
for the HH Mod Team of squeakr, Canarsie and Kiwi Flyer
--------
Print Wikipost

Old Jan 15, 2020, 9:58 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL Gold, IHG Diamond AMB, MR Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, National EE
First time doing this. I have ski trip next week to Jackson Hole and had a 5-night reservation booked for a while. For some reason tonight I asked myself, “Does Hilton have a best rate guarantee?”. After a quick google I had my answer.

My reservation was made weeks ago, so it wasn’t eligible, but it was still within the cancellation window. So I called the Diamond desk to see if they could make me a new one applying the BRG, and then cancel my old one.

Sure enough they were able to validate it over the phone using Hotels.com. The rate only went from $149 to $136, but the extra 25% was huge. The total went from $792 to $555! Can’t beat saving over $230 just for making a quick phone call! More money for aprés ski beers!
TravelingZoomer likes this.
Old Jan 17, 2020, 9:17 am

Programs: ANA,Qantas,asiamiles,Royal Skies,Enrich
Hotel: Doubletree by Hilton Melaka twin room high floor with breakfast for 3pax
Original Price: MYR 604
Trip.com: MYR 378.65
Total (after tax) for two nights: MYR 331
Old Jan 18, 2020, 4:57 am

Originally Posted by Cat88L3
If they still won't match the claim for some reason, you can always cancel the Hilton reservation (if it's non-refundable)
Does Hilton allows to cancel non-refundable reservation on denying price match?

I'm looking to book a room for tomorrow (19 Jan) and for this last minute booking I can see about $40 difference per night between Hilton.com and Trip.com but I'm not sure would it worth it to stick to the phone for say 1-2hrs trying to getting it matched. Hilton says booking T&C says cancelation allowed till 17th midnight, which has now passed while Trip.com says no cancellation. Ideally both mean that there in no cancelation at this time (18 Jan) but I wonder the agents would stick to the t&c saying the reservation did allow cancellation till 17th atleast while Trip.com states no cancelation.
Old Jan 18, 2020, 5:20 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by david.anto7
Does Hilton allows to cancel non-refundable reservation on denying price match?

I'm looking to book a room for tomorrow (19 Jan) and for this last minute booking I can see about $40 difference per night between Hilton.com and Trip.com but I'm not sure would it worth it to stick to the phone for say 1-2hrs trying to getting it matched. Hilton says booking T&C says cancelation allowed till 17th midnight, which has now passed while Trip.com says no cancellation. Ideally both mean that there in no cancelation at this time (18 Jan) but I wonder the agents would stick to the t&c saying the reservation did allow cancellation till 17th atleast while Trip.com states no cancelation.
If a reservation is non-refundable, it's non-refundable. Hence the term "non-refundable", lol. I think you are possibly over-analyzing, but the only way you can just see if they will match it is to try. You already know that the cancellation policies are different, so most likely they will shoot you down. They are a stickler for the fine print. However, you can get someone who could possibly gloss over that. You won't know until you try
Old Jan 18, 2020, 6:56 am

Programs: Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold, CM Presidential / *A Gold, Hertz 5*
In my experience, once the cancellation policy timeframe has passed (as in your case of cancel until the 17th, but its now early AM on the 18th) the cancellation policy is the exact same as both are non refundable at the time of the booking
Old Jan 18, 2020, 9:20 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
The idea is to make the process so painful that you never bother trying it again. Seems like they did a good job in that respect.
Ted S, missamo80 and :D! like this.
Old Jan 18, 2020, 10:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond

Pretty standard from Hilton.
Ted S likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2020, 12:47 pm

Not worth the effort. Many examples of endless frustration in this forum.
Old Jan 18, 2020, 1:02 pm

7 hours on the phone. how little is your time worth?
Old Jan 18, 2020, 2:26 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
I've had 18, yes 18 successful BRGs done out of 20 attempts. The last 8 were done through filling out the claim form and corresponding with the Price Match Team with screenshots as proof. Is this a non-refundable reservation? If that's not the case, what's the harm in making the reservation with the Hilton and then doing the online claim form?

If they are still rejecting you, then you can always cancel your Hilton reservation.

FYI, when I do BRGs over the phone, I always call the Diamond Desk. I find the regular Hilton Honors CS reps to be mostly incompetent when processing these claims.
ebuck likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2020, 4:11 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, VA Platinum
Originally Posted by mctaste
£545 for 7 hours would have been a good saving if it worked. I think it may depend on what you do for an income and I would take the gamble and risk 7 hours for that amount. Although if it did not pay after a few times I would have moved on earlier.
Old Jan 18, 2020, 4:31 pm

Programs: HH Diamond,Virgin Gold, Hyatt Platinum
If price was £100 more I wouldn’t of bothered with price match but at nearly £600 that is a lot of money.

You must be very well off to say how much is my time worth !

Price of just under £1800 with Hilton was their cheapest rate ie full pre payment no cancellation so it would of been a big gamble doing this and trying after to sort it out.

i suppose I could of booked the even more expensive flexible rate at £2200 and if price match was not successful cancel reservation I did not think of that so good shout. Thank you
Old Jan 18, 2020, 5:03 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT; HH Diamond; AS 75K
Originally Posted by PaulH1
obviously I get breakfast as Diamond.
Not necessarily:
On-property benefits are not awarded in the following circumstances:

Reservations booked through a non-Hilton Worldwide-direct booking channel or a non-designated GDS, third party website or any other channel, Rates available on “opaque” websites where the hotel brand and specific hotel are not known until the booking is made, or Third party hotel packages or travel packages not booked through one of the eligible channels.
Old Jan 18, 2020, 5:23 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold, CM Presidential / *A Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by mctaste
Originally Posted by ozztraveller
£545 for 7 hours would have been a good saving if it worked. I think it may depend on what you do for an income and I would take the gamble and risk 7 hours for that amount. Although if it did not pay after a few times I would have moved on earlier.
If the price match went through, OP would save £839. Which I would assume is a very good hourly, even for FT standards
Old Jan 18, 2020, 5:27 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, VA Platinum
Originally Posted by pmarrsouth
If the price match went through, OP would save £839. Which I would assume is a very good hourly, even for FT standards
I did not even think about the extra discount. No wonder they could not manage to match the rate, but me personally if i did not need the stay credits I would just book the cheaper rate and forget Hilton.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.