Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Newark Airport {US-NJ}

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 1999, 1:54 pm
Original Poster

Arrow Hilton Newark Airport {US-NJ}

I plan to visit New York for one week. Can anyone describe the availability of their free shuttle service to & from Penn Station? Scheduled or on-demand? 24 hrs? Because I will travel to Manhattan area in the morning, and back to hotel in the evening daily.

Thanks.
Old Nov 20, 1999, 4:42 pm
Commander Catcop

I would call the hotel directly to see about this shuttle service (it's news to me.)

Once you get to Penn Station, for $1.00 U.S> each way the Path Train takes you into downtown Manhattan. Runs every 10-20 minutes.

If you need any more information you can e-mail me.
Old Dec 24, 2000, 3:40 pm

Programs: AA PLT & 2MM- Thank You, FT !!
EWR Hilton

Has anyone ever stayed at this hotel? I'll just need an overnight before an international flight and wondered if they have a Gold Level Executive floor. Thanks
Old Dec 24, 2000, 5:34 pm

Location: Smoke filled room, TPA and FLL/MIA :UAL 1K and 2MM,AA EX PLAT and 2MM,Lifetime Plat Starwood
I've stayed there. It's between the brewery and the grave yard. REALLY. If you need a hilton property check out the hampton inn right across the parking lot from the Hilton. Book whichever is cheaper! Neither property is that exciting. The hampton does have an airport shuttle.
Old Dec 24, 2000, 8:42 pm

Cigarman is not kidding ... the Hilton is between the brewery and the graveyard!
Old Dec 24, 2000, 8:46 pm

Yes it is!
I would not recommend the Hampton Inn.
I liked the EWR Courtyard which is just next to the Jailhouse ...
Old Dec 25, 2000, 12:25 pm

Programs: AA PLT & 2MM- Thank You, FT !!
Gee, thanks everyone for your quick & interesting responses to this request. I really appreciate your taking time to answer on Xmas Eve!!
Old Dec 26, 2000, 2:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The Hilton is FAR better, and I always get a coupon or two for a comp FULL breakfast. The Hampton Inn has piles of ads for local chinese and pizza take-out or we-deliver joints conviently dumped on each floor by the elevator. The Hilton has a fairly good restaurant or two. The presence of burly guards at the Hampton Inn is somewhat distressing but probably necessary.
Old Dec 27, 2000, 10:54 am
DOC 2 BE

I assume you are all referring to the EWR AIRPORT Hilton and NOT the Newark Gateway Hilton?

Old Dec 27, 2000, 2:29 pm
Original Member

Programs: AccorHotels finished, Honors Plat, MeliaRewards Gold, SPG dead, AF Frequence+ forever
The EWR Airport Hilton staff is courteous. Diamond usually get comp. breakfast and free parking.
Very convenient for an overnight stay before/after a ride on the NJ Turnpike.

The Hilton Gateway is worth $79 per night, not more (and often sold at $229!!). Very unfriendly staff. Convenient just because of the train station (20 mins to NY Penn Station).

Old Dec 28, 2000, 9:45 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
I've stayed at the EWR one when we have had a very early flight the next morning, it's very close to the parking lot we use in Newark, the place is amazingly quiet considering it's location, and the staff has been good. It's your basic lodging. Weekend rates are quite good.
Old Dec 29, 2000, 7:15 am
GG

Whichever hotel you pick, you might want to consider dinner at a restaurant called the Algarve Restaurant & Take Out. We happened across it in October our first time overnighting at EWR. I think it's on Van Buren, it's definitely just a few blocks from Hampton Inn & Hilton hotels. The emphasis is (surprise) Portugese, the food was very good and very cheap, vinjo verde was $12 a bottle, service was friendly, and local color fun. Don't get it confused with the Algarve Barbeque, which IS a hole-in-the-wall take away nearby.
Old Jul 24, 2002, 8:33 pm

Newark (NJ) Airport Hilton transportation question

What is the most convenient way to go to/from Manhattan on a weekend? If I take the shuttle to downtown Newark Penn Station and take the train, what type of train will I be taking (Amtrak, commuter train etc...)? Thanks.
Old Jul 24, 2002, 9:23 pm

Expect a 1 hour ride from the hotel to the city using "AirTrain" as follows:
Shuttle to the airport - 10 minutes.
Monorail ride - 10 minutes (depending on where the shuttle drops you, it might be longer).
Train to New York (NJ Transit) - 25-30 minutes.

On a weekend I would consider renting a car, as traffic is not that bad and parking is easy (especially on Sunday).
Old Jul 25, 2002, 10:15 am
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
Another option, though not necessarialy easier, is to take the sshuttle to any terminal, then jump on one of the cusses coming into the city. I believe it's $11.

Other options are available at the airport's web site

http://panynj.gov/aviation/ewrframe.HTM

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.