Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Parc 55 San Francisco - A Hilton Hotel {US-CA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Parc 55 San Francisco - A Hilton Hotel {US-CA}

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2017, 11:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
I'm at the Union Sqare SF Hilton and every morning there's been about a ten minute wait for a seat at Poached so I can understand why they dont give gold's the same benefit. As many gold's as Hilton has in the US there is no way they could accommodate all the gold's with the same benefit. But I think they should also give more than a $10 per person food credit as well to gold's seeing a yogurt parfait is almost that much. They should give a voucher good for a pastry, coffee drink and piece of fruit like when Starbucks was here.

One nice thing they are doing here now is combining the food credits and you can use it at the bars for alcohol as well.

I noticed on the charge chits they have a box to mark if you are staying at the Parc 55 or the SF Union Sqaure so maybe this is a sign that the Parc 55 will start giving a food credit instead that can be used at either hotel. I would actually like that benefit if I am on work travel and have breakfast included in my conferencee or can expense breakfast elsewhere and Use the breakfast credit for drinks
Yep was just here and took the $10/day credit instead and used it for a couple drinks at the Cable55 Bar since I either got breakfast at the conference or walked over to Target and grabbed a couple yogurts to throw in my fridge for breakfast each morning.

No issue as Diamond having them taken off bill at the end of the week.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 12:53 pm

Originally Posted by kpbadger
I think this has always been server roulette. I had over 30 nights there across a couple years, as a diamond. The total number of times I was NOT charged the upgrade fee was 1.

I have not stayed there since January.
They must have changed their policy since January. I was there in March and it was the front desk clerk who handed me the coupons and she took out a Stamp and stamps every single one of them with the words "Upgraded Breakfast". The fact that they have a stamp would probably means that it is a firm policy not just because I smell good or anything! LOL.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 8:14 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
I stayed there in July as Diamond and my coupons did not have such a stamp...

Must have smelt bad.

Originally Posted by Need
They must have changed their policy since January. I was there in March and it was the front desk clerk who handed me the coupons and she took out a Stamp and stamps every single one of them with the words "Upgraded Breakfast". The fact that they have a stamp would probably means that it is a firm policy not just because I smell good or anything! LOL.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 1:03 pm

Programs: Independent
How are the walls at this hotel? I am a load snorer, so that is always a concern. I read this hotel has a lot of noise, but i am unsur if that means street noise (it's a city after all) or noise from the hallways and the adjoining rooms.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 1:22 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Originally Posted by Cloudship
How are the walls at this hotel? I am a load snorer, so that is always a concern. I read this hotel has a lot of noise, but i am unsur if that means street noise (it's a city after all) or noise from the hallways and the adjoining rooms.
I have to say, how very considerate of you.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 1:53 pm

Programs: Southwest, Hilton
We had a corner room so noise wasn't a problem. Maybe you could ask for one.
Old Feb 3, 2018, 9:11 am

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT; AS MVP Gold75k; HHonors Diamond; IHG PLT
Stayed at the Parc 55 for 2 nights this past week, for a conference. As a Diamond, received a measly $10 per day F&B credit for each person (2 in the room) - despite the fact the continental breakfast is $29, full $39.
Old Feb 3, 2018, 12:02 pm

Programs: National Executive, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Visitor
Originally Posted by diver858
Stayed at the Parc 55 for 2 nights this past week, for a conference. As a Diamond, received a measly $10 per day F&B credit for each person (2 in the room) - despite the fact the continental breakfast is $29, full $39.
Did you ask them at the hotel how to obtain the advertised "continental breakfast" benefit? I would have had that issue resolved right at check in.

Since a $10 per person credit does not achieve that...
Old Feb 3, 2018, 3:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by diver858
In the past they've given a coupon for the continental buffet, and would often upgrade that to full buffet.

I wonder if this is a new policy.

Originally Posted by storewanderer
Did you ask them at the hotel how to obtain the advertised "continental breakfast" benefit? I would have had that issue resolved right at check in.Since a $10 per person credit does not achieve that...
That doesn't stop several properties from doing the same, most obviously HHV. Believe Hilton Union Square has a similar policy.
Old Feb 3, 2018, 4:43 pm
Hilton 10+ Badge

Programs: Delta Platinum, Hilton & Marriott Plastic Gold, Chick-fil-A Signature
Hilton Union Square gives diamonds a voucher for continental breakfast in the restaurant and charges $10 to upgrade to hot. Source: me, 6 days ago. Basically the same policy as a year ago, although they were doing something different in the interim.

I would agree that a $10 voucher that doesn't get you the "continental breakfast" doesn't count. Unless they downgraded diamonds to the gold treatment which was calling "breakfast" a pastry and cup of coffee from the table outside the restaurant. I wouldn't put it past them, but more information is needed here.

Breakfast is not a published benefit at HHV (or any HGV property).
Old Feb 3, 2018, 5:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by kpbadger
Breakfast is not a published benefit at HHV (or any HGV property).
You are misinformed. HHV is not a HGV property. It is a Hilton resort. The complex includes separate towers which are HGV. They are not part of HHV.

If you check the "breakfasts" thread, there are many other properties which offer a low value coupon that doesn't cover a full continental breakfast. Bottom line is that Hilton does not require their properties actually provide the published benefit.
Old Feb 3, 2018, 11:55 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee
You are misinformed. HHV is not a HGV property. It is a Hilton resort. The complex includes separate towers which are HGV. They are not part of HHV.

If you check the "breakfasts" thread, there are many other properties which offer a low value coupon that doesn't cover a full continental breakfast. Bottom line is that Hilton does not require their properties actually provide the published benefit.
Contact Guest Assistance via the Hilton App during your stay and you will have a different result.
Old Feb 4, 2018, 2:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Contact Guest Assistance via the Hilton App during your stay and you will have a different result.
Can you provide details? What happened? (Before the first missing breakfast, or after?)
Old Feb 4, 2018, 8:47 pm

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT; AS MVP Gold75k; HHonors Diamond; IHG PLT
Did you ask them at the hotel how to obtain the advertised "continental breakfast" benefit? I would have had that issue resolved right at check in.

Since a $10 per person credit does not achieve that...
Since this was my first stay at the property, I was not aware of the nuance at check-in, figured it out the next morning. Left a less than favorable review on Trip Advisor, will see if they respond, contact me.
Old Feb 4, 2018, 9:32 pm

Originally Posted by sethb
Can you provide details? What happened? (Before the first missing breakfast, or after?)
I have not been to this particular property. However I have been to two other Hilton branded properties the past year who tried to push a $10 "anytime" credit when the restaurant price of the continental was $20something. After making my complaint, I was told they would comp the restaurant Continental in both cases. This communication came from hotel management. Complaints that you make through the Hilton app seem to get very expedited assistance from Hilton Corporate and then from hotel management.
turtlemichael likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.