Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Parc 55 San Francisco - A Hilton Hotel {US-CA}

Parc 55 San Francisco - A Hilton Hotel {US-CA}

Old Jul 8, 2015, 12:30 pm

Programs: VS LT Gold 1MM, BA Gold, M&M Frequent, Hilton LT Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat
Stayed there 6 weeks ago. Pleasant check in staff and after a bit of chitty chatty was upgraded to a large suite. Not the most luxurious of accommodation but comfortable enough with great views. Breakfast (free as diamond) was very good especially with some Chinese specialities on offers such as pork buns. Entire stay was great except for laundry forgetting to press my shirt, and when it returned a day late was marked. But housekeeping quickly rectified.
Old Jul 14, 2015, 9:15 pm

Programs: AA Plat, CX Silver
I'm staying here now but I'm pretty unimpressed so far. The views are definitely great though.

1) Lots of noise, even on the 28th floor. The windows are designed with flaps at the bottom to allow in fresh air but I think was a misguided decision since it lets in noise instead.

2) The rooms need renovation. The one I'm in is in terrible condition. The walls are beat to death, all the light switches scuffed up.

3) As usual, the wifi is useless. Can't even access my corporate VPN and I have to re-input the access code every time I reconnect.

4) This is really minor but the message light on the phone won't stop flashing.

There's a Thai restaurant attached to the Hilton but I don't think it's actually part of the hotel. It's good but not worth the $45 I just paid for dinner (not including drinks!). Penang curry should never cost $29.
Old Jul 17, 2015, 5:18 pm

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, UA 1K, AA Gold, Bonvoy Gold
has anyone had any luck here with upgrades as a Gold? I stopped staying at hiltons mid-year last year due to crappy properties - so i only made gold....anyways im booked here for an upcoming stay for 3 nights (long weekend with mr tinkerbell78) as opposed to the union square hilton. the past reviews dont seem very flattering & im wondering if i made the wrong decision?
thx!!!
Old Jul 27, 2015, 12:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Just completed a three day stay. Stayed there many times when it was a renaissance and Wyndham and glad it's now part of hilton for the benefits

Nice upgrade and was in the corner with lots of room. Wifi worked good and no log in required so any one can access it. Tv shad been replaced since it was a Wyndham but noticed no other difference in the room furniture since hilton took over

Diamond breakfast voucher said it was good for a continental buffet with $10 hot up charge but all three mornings they gave me the full buffet and hope they keep it that way since the cold offerings weren't that great. Breakfast at sf hilton is a lot better and when traveling solo I like the second voucher for Starbucks later. As long as they continue giving diamonds the fulluffet free it's a good benefit. Basic hot food items like scrambled eggs and a couple Asian choices like noodles and pork dumplings. No cinnamon rolls or yummy yogurt shots like at sf Hilton. The gold benefit is for a grab and go breakfast bag and not sure what all that includes or they can get the buffet for $10

Great location. Only 17.50 using uber pool from Sao or under $9 for a 30 minute Bart ride. Bart and muni stations are directly across the street from the hotel.
Old Jul 27, 2015, 3:16 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Thanks, jamesteroh! Fingers crossed for my upcoming extended stay!
Old Aug 23, 2015, 7:27 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
How to get from SFO to hotel via BART?

My wife and 19 yr old daughter are arriving at SFO on Fri - they are booked to stay at this hotel on Fri night.

What is the taxi rate?

What is the BART rate per person - how does one get from SFO to the nearest BART station (?Powell Street Station)?
Old Aug 23, 2015, 8:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by FlyerGoldII
My wife and 19 yr old daughter are arriving at SFO on Fri - they are booked to stay at this hotel on Fri night.

What is the taxi rate?

What is the BART rate per person - how does one get from SFO to the nearest BART station (?Powell Street Station)?
At SFO you will need to take the airport train (or you can walk, walk length depends on what terminal you are in) and there are signs points to Bart. You cant miss it. Bart is $8.65 per person and that hotel is very easy to get to. Just take it to Powell and go up the escalator on the left hand side and it's literally directly across the street.

No sure how Uber share works with two people in a party, but if there are two of you that might be cheaper. When I stayed there in July I used Uber share to get to Parc 55 and it was around $18 (I also tipped him $5 since he helped me with luggage even though you don't have to). I'm not sure if two people can pay one uber share fare if they are sharing it with another passenger not in their party or not, but if you can that would probably be just as cheap and you could get the uber in front of the terminal instead of having to deal with Bart.

I would definitely do Uber over a taxi
Old Aug 27, 2015, 8:43 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by ptownca
Parking is obscenely expensive if you are from outside SF $58.00 a day - valet only.
We paid more at Radisson Blu Chicago.

Nice review.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 6:50 am

Programs: DL DM, National EE, Hertz PC, IHG PL, Bonvoy Amb
Originally Posted by tinkerbell78
has anyone had any luck here with upgrades as a Gold? I stopped staying at hiltons mid-year last year due to crappy properties - so i only made gold....anyways im booked here for an upcoming stay for 3 nights (long weekend with mr tinkerbell78) as opposed to the union square hilton. the past reviews dont seem very flattering & im wondering if i made the wrong decision?
thx!!!
Was upgraded to a nice corner room July 31 for 2 nights.
Was told at check in I would get a couple bottles of water as well, lol, never go them.
The bar in the lobby (Cable 55) has a pretty good happy hour deal.
$3 draft beer (and they have about 15-20 craft beers on tap) plus deals on wine and drinks and apps.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 10:04 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Avis Chairman, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, GA Pilot
I stayed here a couple of years ago and it was one of the noisiest hotel rooms I have ever stayed in. You know you're in trouble when they put earplugs next to the bed. I was unimpressed by everything about this hotel - definitely not to Hilton standards. Unless they put thicker windows I don't think I'll ever stay there again.
Old Sep 1, 2015, 12:54 am

Programs: B6/Mosaic/AF/VX/AS Gold Hertz PC HH Dia. AMEX Plat SPG/Marr Gold Nat. EE FPC Plat
Originally Posted by italdesign
We paid more at Radisson Blu Chicago.

Nice review.
Thanks.

As I learned staying at the new Hyatt Innerloop: $65.00 a night
Old Sep 1, 2015, 9:00 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by ptownca
Parking is obscenely expensive if you are from outside SF $58.00 a day - valet only.
$58 is the standard charge for parking at the major SF hotels.

Best call would be to BART to the hotel then rent a car downtown when you're ready to leave. You also avoid the obscene SFO rental car charges as well.
Old Sep 29, 2015, 1:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just finished another 3-day stay there.

Was given a nice Jr. Suite upgrade on a booked regular room on my corporate rate. Flight was really delayed and didn't land until after 11 so did uber pool and it was only $22, I may just do this in the future instead of Bart seeing the time savings.

They are starting to get cheap with the breakfast benefit and it's now a YMMV on getting the full buffet. In the past I was always given the full buffet for no charge. First morning no problem. Second morning I was told by the cashier there was a $10 upcharge for the full buffet and overheard a server tell another table there was an upcharge but I had the same buffet from the first morning who told me again to help myself to anything. Final morning was told $10 upcharge by the cashier and I had a different server that told me the same thing.

Still a great location and they are a lot better about upgrading diamonds than most of the other US Hiltons. I always get at least a corner room upgrade here even on a cheap corporate stay.
Old Sep 29, 2015, 2:43 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Thanks for the update, jamesteroh. I will lower my expectations.
Old Sep 29, 2015, 5:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
Thanks for the update, jamesteroh. I will lower my expectations.
Still a good hotel. Even when it was a Wyndham or Rennasance before a Hilton and I received no breakfast, I stayed there a lot just due to the location if they were cheaper than the SF Hilton and they are good with upgrades.

Just irritating they are being cheap with the breakfast benefits now (but that is a complaint I have with Hilton in general, I think all diamonds should get a full breakfast like with the competition if there is no lounge) and the continental buffet is better than a lot of US Hilton breakfasts I've had.

Hope you are lucky with your stay and get a server who tells you to help yourself to whatever on the buffet

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.