Honors Login Update

Old Mar 11, 2015, 10:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by Yellowjj
I've never seen so much grumbling & pent up emotion over 1000 points.
Originally Posted by IMH
No one is suggesting that it's the "end of the world". It is reasonable to be frustrated at the way Hilton has failed, over the course of several months now, to rectify a fairly significant security weakness that has caused considerable inconvenience.
I'm not grumbling about a paltry 1000 miles.

Rather, I am hoping for a more secure log-in and the glimmer of hope that this will obviate the need for the calligrapher-on-LSD letter quiz as part of the log-in process.
Old Mar 11, 2015, 1:13 pm

Programs: AS; Hyatt; Bonvoy
Originally Posted by Need
Originally Posted by Miesque
By the way, I changed my password when this initial thread was started and am quite happy I did as doing so disable the PIN option of getting into my account (which lets face it is the reason most of this rampant hacking as taken place).
Are you sure? I thought the problem they are having right now (which delayed the starting of this login update promotion) is that the PIN login is still active after you change your password. Try it. I just did and both password and PIN work.
Originally Posted by Miesque
I tried it right before I posted and my PIN no longer works, I get an error logging in

Better check again. My password has been changed - twice - but the PIN log-in is still operational.

The website still accepts 4 digits in the password line as a valid log in ...

[ face palm emoticon ]
Old Mar 11, 2015, 8:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Yellowjj
I've never seen so much grumbling & pent up emotion over 1000 points.
You obviously haven't been around FT long enough.
Old Mar 11, 2015, 9:06 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Delta Diamond for 10 years(2004-2014),Hilton Gold,Club Carlson gold
so.... what now?
Old Mar 12, 2015, 2:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by angusho
so.... what now?
Now...we dance.
Old Mar 12, 2015, 3:06 pm
Company Representative - Honors by Hilton
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Honors
Okay FlyerTalkers, it’s time to update your passwords and, as promised, you’ll get 1,000 Bonus Points for doing it by March 25!

Since we always want to make sure you have a safe and secure experience, we’re asking you to change your password as part of a new way to login to your account.

Your password must be updated by April 1, but the sooner the better – so we’re offering 1,000 Bonus Points if you change your password now! If you change your password starting today or by March 25 you will receive 1,000 Bonus Points.

As part of this update, we created new guidelines to make sure your password is a bit stronger.

Here’s what you need to know to get started…
  • Visit the Personal Information section in your account profile by logging in with your current credentials, and then select “Change Password.”
  • Your new password must be at least 8 characters, contain at least 1 upper case letter, and contain at least 1 number or 1 special character.
  • Remember to choose a unique password and update it at least every three to six months to ensure maximum security.

If you have any questions, please let me know here or via PM.

Thanks,
Erin
Old Mar 12, 2015, 3:10 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Erin

Thank you for the update. If we had changed it on your first message and change again now will we....

1. Still get the 1000 bonus
2. Receive any automated response from the system

Thanks
Old Mar 12, 2015, 3:12 pm

Hi Erin

Great news (assuming all is now fixed and there will be no further issues). Can I just check, will the bonus points extend current point validity? When I received a bonus 500 points recently I was told that it wouldn't alter my expiry date, so interest to know what activity does or does not reset the clock.

Thanx
Old Mar 12, 2015, 3:22 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ExpatSomchai
Erin

Thank you for the update. If we had changed it on your first message and change again now will we....

1. Still get the 1000 bonus
2. Receive any automated response from the system

Thanks
If your current password was created prior to March 12, 2015, you will need to change your password and make this update by March 25, 2015, to earn the 1,000 Bonus Points.
Old Mar 12, 2015, 3:25 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Plat, SPG & Marriott Gold, CC Silver
Erin, you might consider updating your original post as well, since people might skip over the thread bump thinking it's just more people asking when the change will be.
Old Mar 12, 2015, 3:30 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PHLisa
Erin, you might consider updating your original post as well, since people might skip over the thread bump thinking it's just more people asking when the change will be.
Thanks - done!
Old Mar 12, 2015, 3:50 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Am Elite, Best Western Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by HHonorsRepresentative
If your current password was created prior to March 12, 2015, you will need to change your password and make this update by March 25, 2015, to earn the 1,000 Bonus Points.
Password changed, am I supposed to get some kind of confirmation email?
When do the points show up?
Old Mar 12, 2015, 3:51 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Originally Posted by HHonorsRepresentative
Okay FlyerTalkers, it’s time to update your passwords and, as promised, you’ll get 1,000 Bonus Points for doing it by March 25!

Since we always want to make sure you have a safe and secure experience, we’re asking you to change your password as part of a new way to login to your account.

Your password must be updated by April 1, but the sooner the better – so we’re offering 1,000 Bonus Points if you change your password now! If you change your password starting today or by March 25 you will receive 1,000 Bonus Points.

As part of this update, we created new guidelines to make sure your password is a bit stronger.

Here’s what you need to know to get started…
  • Visit the Personal Information section in your account profile by logging in with your current credentials, and then select “Change Password.”
  • Your new password must be at least 8 characters, contain at least 1 upper case letter, and contain at least 1 number or 1 special character.
  • Remember to choose a unique password and update it at least every three to six months to ensure maximum security.

If you have any questions, please let me know here or via PM.

Thanks,
Erin
I'll believe it when i see it
Old Mar 12, 2015, 3:54 pm

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Thanks, Erin - updated. Can we expect to receive any email confirming a change has been made? When can we expect the 1k points to post?

Ooops sorry - posted before seeing adobbing's post!
Old Mar 12, 2015, 4:03 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by adobbing
Password changed, am I supposed to get some kind of confirmation email?
When do the points show up?
If you change your password between March 12 and March 25, 2015, you will receive the 1,000 Bonus Points within six to eight weeks. No confirmation emails will be sent.

Thanks!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.