Honors Login Update

Old Feb 19, 2015, 4:39 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Why require an uppercase character?

Crazy....

hj48#56j is more secure than Password5 - yet the second one is allowed.
Old Feb 19, 2015, 4:54 am

Originally Posted by little_dc
Working great!

Customer profiles are unavailable.
Due to technical issues we cannot access your customer profile right now.
;(
Progress, of a sort: I was able to log in & even view my profile. However, when I tried entering a new password & clicking "Save & Continue," the page simply refreshed with no indication of whether the PW change had been accepted. (Yes, I chose one that matched the requirements. Even if I hadn't, there ought to be some sort of acknowledgement/warning.)

After logging out & trying to log back in, I confirmed that my new password really wasn't, and that I could log in only using my PIN.

^^^
Old Feb 19, 2015, 5:01 am

Won't let me create a username.

Won't let me create a password.

Fantastic.
Old Feb 19, 2015, 5:07 am

Programs: HH - Diamond BA - Blue
Originally Posted by Platinum A332
Won't let me create a username.

Won't let me create a password.

Fantastic.
Same.

It also thinks I already have a password which I don't.

What a mess...
Old Feb 19, 2015, 5:17 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
It worked for me, but points didn't post (yet).
Old Feb 19, 2015, 5:18 am

Programs: thai, virgin, emirates, priority club
i can no longer log in to shoptoearn. it does not recognise my as yet unchanged password for "Shop now", even though this password works for viewing my hhonors account.

http://shoptoearn.hhonors.com/loyrew.../earnmallhome?

ian.
Old Feb 19, 2015, 5:38 am

Originally Posted by GentleGiant
Why require an uppercase character?

Crazy....

hj48#56j is more secure than Password5 - yet the second one is allowed.
Except that's not a fair comparison because your sample password exceeds the minimum requirements by including letters, numbers, and symbols. (The instructions say "contain at least 1 number or 1 special character", not both.)
Old Feb 19, 2015, 5:38 am

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Logged in, changed my password and . . . no option to save changes, no acknowledgement that my password had been updated.

Perfect.
Old Feb 19, 2015, 6:02 am

Programs: AC SE*MM/S100K; HHonors Diamond; a bunch of others at various levels!
Originally Posted by Cymro
It worked for me, but points didn't post (yet).
+1

I had no issue with updating my password, I did get confirmation that the password had changed (a green box displays above the password change section saying the change was successful), and I tested the new password and it works without issue.

I already had a username/password in addition to my HHonors number/PIN (two methods of logging in). Perhaps those with difficulty are ones who did not previously have a username/password?

Of course, the PIN continues to work (until March 25, I guess). Is there a way of disabling this now, for added security?
Old Feb 19, 2015, 6:10 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by GJS - yow
+1

I had no issue with updating my password, I did get confirmation that the password had changed (a green box displays above the password change section saying the change was successful), and I tested the new password and it works without issue.

I already had a username/password in addition to my HHonors number/PIN (two methods of logging in). Perhaps those with difficulty are ones who did not previously have a username/password?

Of course, the PIN continues to work (until March 25, I guess). Is there a way of disabling this now, for added security?
Same with me worked fine, but points didn't post. I guess at March 25th they'll post for everyone who created a username/password?

I looked around and couldn't find an option to disable the pin so i think we're stuck with it until the end of March.
Old Feb 19, 2015, 6:40 am
Company Representative - Honors by Hilton
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Honors
Update

Hi everyone - Just a quick update: this change has not taken effect yet due to a technical issue on our end, so please hold on changing your password for right now. We apologize for the confusion; we posted this update yesterday because we wanted you all to be the first to know about this change and the Bonus Points! Please stay tuned here as I will post updates as soon as I have them. Thanks for your understanding.
Old Feb 19, 2015, 6:47 am

Originally Posted by HHonorsRepresentative
Hi everyone - Just a quick update: this change has not taken effect yet due to a technical issue on our end, so please hold on changing your password for right now. We apologize for the confusion; we posted this update yesterday because we wanted you all to be the first to know about this change and the Bonus Points! Please stay tuned here as I will post updates as soon as I have them. Thanks for your understanding.
Hmm, just (successfully) changed my password a couple minutes ago. Not expecting points but not a big deal.

I am surprised that a company of Hilton's size needs to be told this, but they should really start testing new features to ensure that the functionality is actually there and working BEFORE they have the brand rep announce them to the public.
Old Feb 19, 2015, 7:11 am

Originally Posted by arlflyer
Hmm, just (successfully) changed my password a couple minutes ago. Not expecting points but not a big deal.
Just curious: did you log out & then log in again using the new password to make sure?

I am surprised that a company of Hilton's size needs to be told this, but they should really start testing new features to ensure that the functionality is actually there and working BEFORE they have the brand rep announce them to the public.
This, about a million times.
Old Feb 19, 2015, 7:30 am

Programs: Zero Status Nexus
Originally Posted by beltway
Just curious: did you log out & then log in again using the new password to make sure?
Closed browser and logged in with new username and password, it worked. Bonus points didnt immediately post, although I expect it soon.
Old Feb 19, 2015, 7:37 am

Programs: Delta Diamond - 2 Million Miler - Flying Colonel, Hilton LTD, Marriott Platinum
Your changes have been saved.

Your password was not changed

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.