Honors Login Update

Old Mar 19, 2015, 7:12 am

Originally Posted by kmwjes
Although I changed my password, I can log in with my OLD password and my NEW password. I have to check the "I am not a robot" box but there are no codes for me to enter.
Are you using Chrome browser? I found that using Chrome browser allows me to login just by checking the box without code. With Firefox, it still asked me for the code. It is probably because Google owns both Captcha and Chrome.
Old Mar 19, 2015, 7:14 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
My experience is exactly the opposite.
Old Mar 19, 2015, 7:40 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
Is this a case of Hilton IT thinking this is acceptable? Are they so out of touch that this is considered good performance?

1. Bonus points take 6-8 weeks to post. Every other travel entity I deal with posts points/credits/miles within 48 hours. Hilton even posts stay credits (nights, stays, and points) quickly. Even the 100k Diamond Bonus posted in 90 seconds!

2. I can log-in with the following combinations of credentials...Username and old PIN; Username and new password; HHonors# and PIN; and HHonors# and new password. How is this more secure?

3. No email was sent stating my password had been changed. Almost every other entity I deal with (banks, airlines, etc.) sends an email to the address on file saying "Your password has been changed. If this is not correct, please contact us immediately." I don't receive emails from Hilton anyways despite my address being on file and no emails in my spam/trash folders, but this is a basic security step that Hilton lacks.

4. Regardless of web browser, in January and February, I was able to log-in by just clicking the "I'm not a robot" box. Now, I'm back to Captchas.

Hilton IT is trending in the WRONG direction in both usability and security.

I understand Erin is the just the messenger, but do our concerns really make it back to corporate IT? Are they receptive? Are they utilizing current processes and technologies to ensure the security of our information and accounts?
Old Mar 19, 2015, 8:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cmh flyer
This is not working for me. I changed my password, but it still requires me to do the captcha.
Changing your password and the captcha are not related. I believe the captcha is probably here to stay.
Old Mar 19, 2015, 8:56 am

And then this shows up in my inbox a few minutes ago with an .html attachment:

To: UpgradeMe
Subject: Hilton HHonors Security Update

Newsletter attached
To unsubscribe, send email to:
[email protected]

And I'm expected to open the .html attachment? Are they serious?
Old Mar 19, 2015, 9:01 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Change Password Alert on Hilton.com

Getting the following notice when I first get to the Hilton.com home page:

"HHonors Security Alert: Update your password now and earn 1,000 HHonors Bonus Points.

As of April 1, 2015, all members will be required to update their PIN, or current password, to a new and secure password. Update your password now by visiting the Personal Information section of your account profile."

Is everyone seeing this and getting the same alert?
Old Mar 19, 2015, 9:15 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Originally Posted by UpgradeMe

Newsletter attached
[email protected]

I did not get one of those e-mail messages — yet, anyway.

Is it possible that this could be “spam” from a third party attempting to capitalize on the security issues of the Hilton HHonors frequent guest loyalty program?

If I am suspicious of an e-mail message, what I will do is hover the cursor over links to see the actual URLs included to ensure that the e-mail message is legitimate...
Old Mar 19, 2015, 10:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA MM Plat; AA MM Gold; HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by aww3583
...Bonus points take 6-8 weeks to post. Every other travel entity I deal with posts points/credits/miles within 48 hours. Hilton even posts stay credits (nights, stays, and points) quickly. Even the 100k Diamond Bonus posted in 90 seconds!...
Boilerplate. I suspect that the points will post much sooner than that.
Old Mar 19, 2015, 10:29 am

I saw it, I changed my password but I can still sign in using the 4 digit PW
Old Mar 19, 2015, 10:34 am

Originally Posted by teemuflyer
Getting the following notice when I first get to the Hilton.com home page:

"HHonors Security Alert: Update your password now and earn 1,000 HHonors Bonus Points.

As of April 1, 2015, all members will be required to update their PIN, or current password, to a new and secure password. Update your password now by visiting the Personal Information section of your account profile."

Is everyone seeing this and getting the same alert?
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...in-update.html
Old Mar 19, 2015, 10:44 am

Originally Posted by Bonehead
Boilerplate. I suspect that the points will post much sooner than that.
With my points expiring early April, it's worth $10 to me that they do! Either way, it stinks of an inability to automate anything when other programs would post them instantly, and it stinks of a manual sweep after the promo.
Old Mar 19, 2015, 10:45 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by HHonorsRepresentative
Hi bgriz18,

If you change your password between March 12 and March 25, 2015, you will receive the 1,000 Bonus Points within six to eight weeks.

Cheers,
Erin
This looks like an IHG IT project. I have changed my password a few times within the last days, but it keeps asking me to change it and only accepts my old password.
Old Mar 19, 2015, 11:33 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold,Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by UpgradeMe

Newsletter attached
[email protected]

I received the same email today and did NOT open the attachment.
Old Mar 19, 2015, 12:07 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT (3.6+ MM), UA 1K LT Gold, Hilton LT Diamond, Bonvoy Gold.
Originally Posted by aww3583
Is this a case of Hilton IT thinking this is acceptable? Are they so out of touch that this is considered good performance?

1. Bonus points take 6-8 weeks to post. Every other travel entity I deal with posts points/credits/miles within 48 hours. Hilton even posts stay credits (nights, stays, and points) quickly. Even the 100k Diamond Bonus posted in 90 seconds!

2. I can log-in with the following combinations of credentials...Username and old PIN; Username and new password; HHonors# and PIN; and HHonors# and new password. How is this more secure?

3. No email was sent stating my password had been changed. Almost every other entity I deal with (banks, airlines, etc.) sends an email to the address on file saying "Your password has been changed. If this is not correct, please contact us immediately." I don't receive emails from Hilton anyways despite my address being on file and no emails in my spam/trash folders, but this is a basic security step that Hilton lacks.

4. Regardless of web browser, in January and February, I was able to log-in by just clicking the "I'm not a robot" box. Now, I'm back to Captchas.

Hilton IT is trending in the WRONG direction in both usability and security.

I understand Erin is the just the messenger, but do our concerns really make it back to corporate IT? Are they receptive? Are they utilizing current processes and technologies to ensure the security of our information and accounts?
+1.

I am in exactly the same boat with one additional added 'feature'. I have not been able to login to the complimentary WIFI at 3 different hotels last week. I get an incorrect ID or password error. Hilton IT no 'helpdesk' are busy picking fluff out of their navel and contemplating itching their privates. They promised to call me back sometime in the next millennium.
Old Mar 19, 2015, 12:09 pm

Programs: Milege+, SkyMiles, AAdvantage, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by timfountain
+1.

I am in exactly the same boat with one additional added 'feature'. I have not been able to login to the complimentary WIFI at 3 different hotels last week. I get an incorrect ID or password error. Hilton IT no 'helpdesk' are busy picking fluff out of their navel and contemplating itching their privates.
That's a serious issue that needs to be resolved quickly.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.