Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Honors Login Update

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2015, 4:12 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Am Elite, Best Western Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by HHonorsRepresentative
If you change your password between March 12 and March 25, 2015, you will receive the 1,000 Bonus Points within six to eight weeks. No confirmation emails will be sent.

Thanks!
Thanks Erin!
Old Mar 12, 2015, 4:17 pm

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Great, thanks.
Old Mar 12, 2015, 4:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Once we have a new password, will the Gotcha! log-in requirements go away?
Old Mar 12, 2015, 5:00 pm

Programs: AS; Hyatt; Bonvoy
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
Once we have a new password, will the Gotcha! log-in requirements go away?
When will the PIN function be disabled?

We can make a super-strong password, but it's useless for security if the 4-digit PIN log in is still operational.
Old Mar 12, 2015, 5:03 pm

Thanks.

Okay FlyerTalkers, it’s time to update your passwords and, as promised, you’ll get 1,000 Bonus Points for doing it by March 25!

Since we always want to make sure you have a safe and secure experience, we’re asking you to change your password as part of a new way to login to your account.

Your password must be updated by April 1, but the sooner the better – so we’re offering 1,000 Bonus Points if you change your password now! If you change your password starting today or by March 25 you will receive 1,000 Bonus Points.

As part of this update, we created new guidelines to make sure your password is a bit stronger.

Here’s what you need to know to get started…
  • Visit the Personal Information section in your account profile by logging in with your current credentials, and then select “Change Password.”
  • Your new password must be at least 8 characters, contain at least 1 upper case letter, and contain at least 1 number or 1 special character.
  • Remember to choose a unique password and update it at least every three to six months to ensure maximum security.

If you have any questions, please let me know here or via PM.

Thanks,
Erin
Thanks Erin. I will get to it immediately.
Old Mar 12, 2015, 5:06 pm

When do the points show up?
When can we expect the 1k points to post?
Knew these questions weren't far behind

Originally Posted by AKCuisine

We can make a super-strong password, but it's useless for security if the 4-digit PIN log in is still operational.
I'm going to miss the pin system. Makes me wonder how IHG has been humming along hack free.
Old Mar 12, 2015, 5:07 pm
Company Representative - Honors by Hilton
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by AKCuisine

The used of a PIN will be discontinued and removed from HHonors accounts on April 1, 2015.
Old Mar 12, 2015, 5:12 pm

OK. I login, created new password, log out.
Login using new password (still has to prove I am not a bot) and I am in...
Now to wait for the 1,000 points...
Old Mar 12, 2015, 5:46 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Just changed my password (hope I can remember it after all these years of the 4-digit pin):

First of all, the screen did not prepopulate with the account number (had to search around for that)...

But both the new password, and the old PIN, both worked (signed out and back in again).

But (RATS!) after this whole time of having the house numbers I've now got the Dali letters with each sign in!

Why did making a more SECURE password give me a more difficult sign in?
Old Mar 12, 2015, 6:34 pm

Programs: AS; Hyatt; Bonvoy
The used of a PIN will be discontinued and removed from HHonors accounts on April 1, 2015.
That is wonderful news! ^ ^ ^
Old Mar 12, 2015, 6:35 pm

Programs: CENTURION, SPG-Gold, HH-Diamond, ANA-SFC, JAL-JGC, MX-Diamond, LHW Access, CLUB 5C, IHG Platinum
Thanks Erin!
I will change immediately.

Okay FlyerTalkers, it’s time to update your passwords and, as promised, you’ll get 1,000 Bonus Points for doing it by March 25!

Since we always want to make sure you have a safe and secure experience, we’re asking you to change your password as part of a new way to login to your account.

Your password must be updated by April 1, but the sooner the better – so we’re offering 1,000 Bonus Points if you change your password now! If you change your password starting today or by March 25 you will receive 1,000 Bonus Points.

As part of this update, we created new guidelines to make sure your password is a bit stronger.

Here’s what you need to know to get started…
  • Visit the Personal Information section in your account profile by logging in with your current credentials, and then select “Change Password.”
  • Your new password must be at least 8 characters, contain at least 1 upper case letter, and contain at least 1 number or 1 special character.
  • Remember to choose a unique password and update it at least every three to six months to ensure maximum security.

If you have any questions, please let me know here or via PM.

Thanks,
Erin
Old Mar 12, 2015, 6:50 pm

Programs: AA, AS, AV, B6, DL, F9, WN
Erin,
I changed my password but never received the email stating my change was successful. I then logged out and logged back in with my new password and everything worked correctly. I am just surprised about the lack of an email. How will I prove that I changed it in order to get the 1000 points?
Old Mar 12, 2015, 7:00 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, United, Delta
Done. I took a screen cap of the points level as a reminder to note when the 1000 points roll in. Thanks for the heads-up on this, Erin. I'm sure this has been frustrating for you, but you hang in there.
Old Mar 12, 2015, 7:31 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Delta Diamond for 10 years(2004-2014),Hilton Gold,Club Carlson gold
Thanks Erin!
Old Mar 12, 2015, 7:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Friendly Traveling Deathmerchant
I took a screen cap of the points level as a reminder to note when the 1000 points roll in.
Well, that only works if you're not expecting to earn any other points in the next couple months. In my case, I'm using a new Hilton HHonors Visa, so every month (until I complete my $1000 spend) I'll be earning points from that, plus I'll earn 50k when I do complete my $1000 spend. So 1000 points from this will be "noise" to me if it's not itemized (but I presume it will be itemized?).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.