Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

LTD Status shown when Checking In?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2015, 10:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: 2MM, Lifetime E75K, Lifetime Hilton Diamond

Since I am now a LTD, does my status appear as Diamond or LTD when checking in?

The reason I'm asking, does this improve my chance of getting an upgrade or access to the HHonors floor? Point in case, this week I was not given a room on the HHonors floor as I was told there were too many Diamonds already placed there and there was no additional availability.

So, can we consider this an additional tier above Diamond?

Just wondering....
Old Feb 13, 2015, 2:46 pm

Programs: BAEC CCR, BAEC Lifetime GGL, Hilton Hhonors Lifetime Diamond
I commented on this in the lifetime diamond WIKI - lifetime Diamond on arrival screen, supposed to get best room available and in practice a tier above Diamond (in Europe anyhow) as there is a night stay requirement and HHLD is a very high value tier unattainable solely by credit card use - see WIKI and my New York experience
Old Feb 13, 2015, 7:09 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond
I have seen nothing to indicate that Lifetime Diamond is anything other than that: Diamond status for life, period. It is not Diamond plus
Old Feb 16, 2015, 6:41 pm

Programs: UA 1k, LT Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, AA 1MM
"Since I am now a LTD, does my status appear as Diamond or LTD when checking in? "

Checked into Hilton Altamonte Springs tonight and they could only see Diamond. Same with Embassy Suites on Friday.
Old Feb 17, 2015, 1:30 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mbru
"Since I am now a LTD, does my status appear as Diamond or LTD when checking in? "

Checked into Hilton Altamonte Springs tonight and they could only see Diamond. Same with Embassy Suites on Friday.
Yes, same here. I checked into the Homewood Suites yesterday and my status shows as Diamond.

Unless our profiles change to display LTD, there will be no benefit to having this status and no way to differentiate yourself from non-LTDs.
Old Feb 17, 2015, 6:33 pm

Originally Posted by dave0823
Unless our profiles change to display LTD, there will be no benefit to having this status and no way to differentiate yourself from non-LTDs.
Umm...except that you have Diamond status for the rest of your life?
Old Feb 17, 2015, 9:42 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by smmrfld
Umm...except that you have Diamond status for the rest of your life?
Exactly, it means you are Diamond regardless of how few times you stay at a Hilton property from now on, you can stay once a year and still get Diamond next to your name. I don't mean to sound obnoxious, but what else do people think Lifetime Diamond mean other than never having to do mattress runs et al
Old Feb 18, 2015, 6:49 am
Original Poster

Yes, I do understand that Life Time Diamond is exactly that - life time Diamond for life.

Perhaps I wasn't clear in my original post. I would have been on-track to make Diamond again this year the hard way - on stays, nights and spend. However, when I check in, my status shows as Diamond (not LTD) and what I would like to see, perhaps wishful thinking, is my LTD designation to be displayed instead when checking in. I can count on one hand the amount of upgrades I have received as a Diamond for the past 5 years (been Diamond for the last 25 years). Just maybe, having LTD designation shown may increase my chance of an upgrade.

Please don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled to have made LTD as I plan to retire in 3 years. I would like to think that LTD brings additional benefits (perhaps a tier above Diamond), but this is yet to be seen.
Old Feb 18, 2015, 7:01 am

Programs: Avios Hunter
Originally Posted by dave0823
there will be no benefit to having this status
Perhaps I wasn't clear in my original post. I would have been on-track to make Diamond again this year the hard way - on stays, nights and spend.
Please don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled to have made LTD as I plan to retire in 3 years.
You seem to be arguing with yourself.

The benefit is that it is status forever (or at least for the lifetime of the program). There is no additional benefit for people who would gain diamond status each year anyhow, and none has been advertised.
Old Feb 18, 2015, 5:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by tangey
There is no additional benefit for people who would gain diamond status each year anyhow, and none has been advertised.
But if it shows...and I expect it to sometime...it could result in very different treatment at the front desk.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.