FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hilton | Hilton Honors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors-417/)
-   -   Lifetime Status Roll call (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/1654212-lifetime-status-roll-call.html)

HawkeyeFlyer Jan 8, 2015 10:24 am

I qualified for Lifetime Diamond

Just hung up with the Diamond Desk. They have not released the criteria yet but the person I spoke with said she can see that I have qualified and should be receiving notification in the mail.
That is good news I suppose:p

particlemn Jan 8, 2015 10:41 am

Originally Posted by snapper6768 (Post 24125817)
Just hung up with the Diamond Desk. They have not released the criteria yet but the person I spoke with said she can see that I have qualified and should be receiving notification in the mail.

now everybody is gonna be calling the DD to ask, btw did you get the email about the address verification?

dshafiee Jan 8, 2015 10:47 am

What were stays/nights/etc?

HawkeyeFlyer Jan 8, 2015 12:37 pm

I am at roughly 450 stays and nearly 900 nights. Diamond for 12 straight years. I do not know the exact dollar of my spend on Butt in Bed nights but it is high.
I am staying usually at full service Hilton, Waldorf or Conrad properties.

baccarat_king Jan 8, 2015 2:31 pm

Originally Posted by snapper6768 (Post 24126775)
I am at roughly 450 stays and nearly 900 nights. Diamond for 12 straight years. I do not know the exact dollar of my spend on Butt in Bed nights but it is high.

But, you get Diamond anyway with AMEX Centurion.

donnak Jan 8, 2015 6:38 pm

Originally Posted by snapper6768 (Post 24125817)

Congratulations. That's awesome!

bbriscoe34 Jan 8, 2015 10:21 pm

Does lifetime diamond give you anything regular diamond doesn't other than not having to re qualify?

mnredfox Jan 9, 2015 1:34 am

OP, did HH confirm Lifetime Diamond or did they just say "lifetime status"?

Ed Size Jan 9, 2015 4:40 am

That looks like a long way to go for me - still.

HawkeyeFlyer Jan 9, 2015 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by mnredfox (Post 24130442)
OP, did HH confirm Lifetime Diamond or did they just say "lifetime status"?

Lifetime Diamond

mnredfox Jan 10, 2015 3:06 am

Originally Posted by snapper6768 (Post 24134427)
Lifetime Diamond

Nice, good to hear confirmation.

mspreh Jan 14, 2015 1:44 pm

The OP either was mis-informed, or mis-understood, or the person on the Diamond Line didn't understand him to convey the correct information, or the OP is just telling us all a Lie.

I befriended a Senior VP at Hilton this past September, he said that they have not determined all of the the requirements yet. 3 different scenarios were being evaluated for the program, and they would be deciding in the near future.

cjd Jan 14, 2015 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by mspreh (Post 24167124)
The OP either was mis-informed, or mis-understood, or the person on the Diamond Line didn't understand him to convey the correct information, or the OP is just telling us all a Lie.

I befriended a Senior VP at Hilton this past September, he said that they have not determined all of the the requirements yet. 3 different scenarios were being evaluated for the program, and they would be deciding in the near future.

Rather unfair on the OP. It's now January. Why shouldn't they have decided on the criteria by now?

Land-of-Miles Jan 14, 2015 2:28 pm

Originally Posted by cjd (Post 24167328)
Rather unfair on the OP. It's now January. Why shouldn't they have decided on the criteria by now?

I suspect if they had decided it would be very much in their interest to publish criteria

mspreh Jan 14, 2015 7:34 pm

Originally Posted by cjd (Post 24167328)

Based on the conversation I had this morning, this is a major decision for the program. I know very little, but he said it was a major legal project for the section of world he covers, and whether or not they would be offering the lifetime status to Honors members from all countries, etc... as well.

Speculation here on why they announced the lifetime program is coming: They decided to implement a lifetime status program, as the major competitors have done so to their loyalty programs. Rather than have more people abandon the program in favor of earning lifetime status with another program, Hhonors announces they will be adding it to their program (even though they don't have all the details worked out) think Apple Watch, still isn't out yet. Think how this needs to be legal in all 50 states, and on the federal level, just to offer this to US based program members.

exerda Jan 14, 2015 7:52 pm

"Legal in all 50 states?" What do states care about loyalty programs and lifetime status? :confused: And everyone else has one; the legalese has to be boilerplate.

I think you're being too hard on the OP.

InkUnderNails Jan 14, 2015 8:44 pm

I did that over seven years. We shall see.

HawkeyeFlyer Jan 14, 2015 11:12 pm

Originally Posted by InkUnderNails (Post 24169350)
I did that over seven years. We shall see.

That is great for you. I hope your SPEND is similar as well. I had 20 stays in 2014 alone that were over $7,000 each. I doubt that competes with your outstanding member ship but the Waldorf and Conrad Properties love me....My Centurion card will keep me warm at night if not.

more4less Jan 15, 2015 11:14 am

Originally Posted by snapper6768 (Post 24169939)
I had 20 stays in 2014 alone that were over $7,000 each.

:eek:

Huge amount of points!!

Land-of-Miles Jan 15, 2015 5:08 pm

Originally Posted by mspreh (Post 24169035)
Based on the conversation I had this morning, this is a major decision for the program. I know very little, but he said it was a major legal project for the section of world he covers, and whether or not they would be offering the lifetime status to Honors members from all countries, etc... as well.

Speculation here on why they announced the lifetime program is coming: They decided to implement a lifetime status program, as the major competitors have done so to their loyalty programs. Rather than have more people abandon the program in favor of earning lifetime status with another program, Hhonors announces they will be adding it to their program (even though they don't have all the details worked out) think Apple Watch, still isn't out yet. Think how this needs to be legal in all 50 states, and on the federal level, just to offer this to US based program members.

This sounds plausible and logically if this detail wasn't yet ready how can anyone be a lifetime Diamond yet?

hedoman Jan 15, 2015 6:56 pm

That is great for you. I hope your SPEND is similar as well. I had 20 stays in 2014 alone that were over $7,000 each. I doubt that competes with your outstanding member ship but the Waldorf and Conrad Properties love me....My Centurion card will keep me warm at night if not.

Please.......a standing ovation for snapper.

mspreh Jan 16, 2015 12:03 pm

Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles (Post 24175112)
This sounds plausible and logically if this detail wasn't yet ready how can anyone be a lifetime Diamond yet?

That's the point, no one is lifetime yet. They may have met the requirements that will be announced, and then be awarded the status, but no one has that status today, nor does anyone know if they really met the requirements that will be announced.

toomanybooks Jan 16, 2015 4:32 pm

Originally Posted by mspreh (Post 24169035)
Rather than have more people abandon the program in favor of earning lifetime status with another program, Hhonors announces they will be adding it to their program (even though they don't have all the details worked out)..

Ah, yes, the old Microsoft method of "FUD."

"Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt."

Extremely annoying. With all the screwing around HH has done the last few years, to heck with it. I'm gonna be a Hotwire/Priceline guy.

100,000miler Jan 16, 2015 6:28 pm

Congratulations on getting Life Time Diamond. That is awesome but what exactly does that mean.

I was a Diamond for many years with HH and I found it to be an underwhelming experience. Sure I got 50% bonus credits but rarely ever an upgrade to a suite which SPG often does. The only hotels that really gave me real perks were the Waldorf Astoria in NYC and to a less extent other Waldorfs.

I have settled into GOLD status which I find works just fine. I settled into this accidentially when I did not make the new requirements last year for 30 Stays. I missed by one night which I will never forgive HH over this petty difference. Apparently loyalty means little to HH. Go figure..

lonabaugh Feb 11, 2015 9:45 am

Just received email - You have achieved Lifetime Diamond status

, which we are awarding to select members who have met the following criteria*:

Achieved at least 10 years of Diamond status over the course of membership.

Completed stays totaling at least 1,000 paid nights.

KenTarmac Feb 11, 2015 10:24 am

:rolleyes: = DYKWIA

Originally Posted by hedoman (Post 24175623)
Please.......a standing ovation for snapper.

+1

smmrfld Feb 11, 2015 10:50 am

Gonna edit your original post?

BotB Feb 11, 2015 3:21 pm

Lifetime Status Roll call

This thread is for all those members that have spent far too many nights in Hilton chain hotels and have finally received some recognition of this by being given lifetime diamond status. (LTD)

Please post in the thread if you have passed this hallowed benchmark.

(we can add a wiki to have a communal single post with all the members that post in here with this status).

ChicagoPlanesTrains Feb 11, 2015 3:33 pm

LTD +1 to go with LTP w/ Starwood and LTP w/ Marriott - Too many nights away from home

troyintn Feb 11, 2015 3:33 pm

I got a nice email this morning and just checked my account a saw this

Congratulations!

You’ve earned Lifetime Diamond Status with Hilton HHonors. As we update the progress bar to the right, sit back, relax and enjoy all the benefits you know and love as a Diamond member.

dshafiee Feb 11, 2015 4:09 pm

LT as well

LT Diamond ^, 2.4 MM LT Plat UA, LT GOLD SPG (almost to Plat :D)

HawkeyeFlyer Feb 11, 2015 4:51 pm

Originally Posted by smmrfld (Post 24331870)

Edit in what way?

Notenut Feb 11, 2015 4:59 pm

Originally Posted by snapper6768 (Post 24334671)
Edit in what way?

I'm guessing the apparent inconsistency of 'I have almost 900 nights" and the stated requirement of 1000 nights to qualify for lifetime

HawkeyeFlyer Feb 11, 2015 9:07 pm

Originally Posted by pragakhan (Post 24335707)
Wow some of you are relentless. Who said that was ultimately a hard and fast rule? If OP is staying at 20 7k properties in one year I am sure HHonors has plenty of wiggle room.

Give OP a break, if people start showing off their LTD cards or whatever propaganda it comes with and OP doesn't then get your pitchfork back out of the shed. @:-)

I will have the LTD card, whatever it looks like but I will just use my black metal card in the meantime....all is good

Everyone is far to worked up about this. I was simply posting earlier or starting this thread that I had been told by Diamond desk I qualified, which I did according to the email today. Again must be some other factors as I do NOT have 1000 nights. I do have a bunch and I do have a huge average spend per stay. Sorry you think that is bragging. Lots of business stays and conventions at full service hilton, waldorf and conrad properties. Smart enough to charge the dinners, etc to my room for credit. I also host lots of meetings, banquets etc which I am sure Hilton likes
I am sure my qualification is more as a symbol to reward that spend than anything else. I qualify easily each year on stays alone so not sure what else would be driving it.

stewlevine Feb 11, 2015 10:07 pm

LT Diamond as well Starwood LT Gold (already have enough stays, need 3 more years of platinum for LT platinum) and AA LT Platinum

I travel too much

IMStill4Travel Feb 11, 2015 10:59 pm

Hit it as well.

Oldogface Feb 12, 2015 6:08 am

Got mine, too! And just before I retire!:cool:

BotB Feb 12, 2015 6:29 am

Originally Posted by Oldogface (Post 24337604)
Got mine, too! And just before I retire!:cool:

Congrats (to you all) and welcome to FT and the HHonors forum Oldogface ^

I suspect you may have been lurking for some time but finally decided to post so welcome to the forums and to the hallowed rank of LTD. :)

Hope we can entice you to share your experience and knowledge you gained with Hilton here on FT in the future, please do join in ^

48pager Feb 12, 2015 10:57 am

I'm in as well. HH Diamond at the introduction of the tier and for 22 consecutive years since. A very welcome recognition from Hilton. Congrats to all!

KenTarmac Feb 12, 2015 11:39 am

Originally Posted by smmrfld (Post 24331870)

Originally Posted by snapper6768 (Post 24334671)
Edit in what way?

Originally Posted by Notenut (Post 24334733)
I'm guessing the apparent inconsistency of 'I have almost 900 nights" and the stated requirement of 1000 nights to qualify for lifetime

Or ...

"I do not know the exact dollar of my spend ..."

vs.

"... I had 20 stays in 2014 alone that were over $7,000 each."

Originally Posted by snapper6768 (Post 24336080)
Everyone is far to worked up about this. I was simply posting earlier or starting this thread that I had been told by Diamond desk I qualified, which I did according to the email today. Again must be some other factors as I do NOT have 1000 nights. I do have a bunch and I do have a huge average spend per stay. Sorry you think that is bragging. Lots of business stays and conventions at full service hilton, waldorf and conrad properties. Smart enough to charge the dinners, etc to my room for credit. I also host lots of meetings, banquets etc which I am sure Hilton likes
I am sure my qualification is more as a symbol to reward that spend than anything else. I qualify easily each year on stays alone so not sure what else would be driving it.

Regardless, congrats on achieving / receiving your Lifetime Diamond status, and of course, having that Centurion card to keep you warm at night. I'm sure the comment was meant as an attempt at humor but came across as pompous.