Lifetime Status Roll call

Hide Wikipost
Old Oct 7, 18, 2:11 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: gaugeguy
Wiki Link

DFL Image by BA_pics, on Flickr

They say diamonds are forever @:-)

This wiki will be used to list (in one place) those members that have achieved Hilton LTD status: They are (in order of posting order!):

40 FT members so far: (Congrats ^ )

As of January 2016:

1. ChicagoPlanesTrains
2. troyintn
3. dshafiee
4. stewlevine
5. IMStill4Travel
6. Oldogface
7. KenTarmac
8. 48pager
9. CoyoteExecPlatinum
10. snapper6768
11. docgasman
12. mbru
13. sarah.telaviv
14. dave0823
15. ExecPlatWife's Husband
16. auburntiger
17. Marq
18. monyline
19. gloryguy
20. avnmgr
21. Chang11
22. busyroadwarrior
23. DevilDawg1960
24. gqZJzU4vusf0Z2,$d7
25. rowatts
26. taylormuk
27. 35kup
28. worldiswide
29. 777-222
30. aghplane
31. PandaHouston
32. ontherun
33. geekboy
34. skimanant
35. innflyer
36. smmrfld
37. milesmilesmiles
38. hfly
39. Phil the Flyer (also Mrs Phil the Flyer)
40. MrHilton
41. kanerf
42. TSparky
43. Truffles
44. Traveller
45. Gaugeguy
wiki updated to post 69
Print Wikipost

Old Mar 7, 15, 10:37 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond
Received an email overnight welcoming me to Lifetime Diamond. Its taken around 15 years in all. Last week they said I wasn't quite there (14 paid nights to go and 1053 in total) but following a review of my account they've sent the email. Makes up for not receiving the 100K points.

Originally Posted by busyroadwarrior View Post
...choose one of three $100 gift cards for Saks, Tumi or Bloomingdale's.
No details yet but not sure what use any of those cards will be to someone who lives in the UK

Lets hope my status is fully visible ready for when I next checkin at CDG on Monday.
Old Mar 7, 15, 10:40 am

Programs: BA Silver, HH Diamond
I wonder what the average age of the lifetime diamonds is? Somewhere in 40-50 I'd imagine?
Old Mar 7, 15, 2:11 pm

Programs: UA LT Plat, Hilton LTD, Southwest A+Pref
Thumbs up The office guys are jealous

Didnt think I had a problem making this since I started almost 20yrs ago!
nice to see Hilton stepping up
Old Mar 8, 15, 6:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP LT Plat >3 Million miles,HH Lifetime Diamond
So I have an email from the Diamond Care desk letting us know that we (Mutual HHonors account) Lifetime but we haven't received the official email yet. It seems there was a problem with the email account not being visible so they claim to have fixed it and sent the information to the Lifetime desk. Diamond since 1999 and a little over the 1000 paid night threshold. Although my husband does most of the travel, I do all the posting.. .I think we have heard that in this thread before. Looking forward to the card and gifts.. but most of all the treatment. We just returned from Australia and had upgrades in most hotels, including upgrades to suites in several cities.
Old Mar 11, 15, 12:32 pm

Programs: Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Delta Diamond, Hertz PC, National Executive
Me too

I received my loud, solid black lifetime diamond card in the mail yesterday. I say loud because of the noise it made when it slipped out of my hands, hit the kitchen counter, then hit the floor. It's definitely not plastic! :-)
Old Mar 11, 15, 1:23 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, UA Gold, HH Lifetime DIA, WoH Globalist
Slick presentation and pleasantly surprised by the weight and feel of the card, it definitely makes a statement. One request for v2.0, modify the size to that of a standard credit card.
Old Mar 12, 15, 11:23 am

Programs: Delta Diamond (3.5MM), Hilton Diamond (Lifetime), Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver
Hilton Lifetime Diamond

I did not make Lifetime status at first pass so I called the Diamond Desk to find out how many nights I actually had since I have kept track over the years. I was told by the Diamond Desk that I have been Diamond for 23 consecutive years and had a total 901 paid nights. The number of years seemed about right but my records showed that I have had 1,199 paid nights and 179 award nights.

Good news - I asked Hilton to reinvestigate and they agreed that I had over 1,000 paid nights and was offered Lifetime Diamond status!

Bad news - Hilton was almost 300 night off on their total paid nights.
Old Mar 12, 15, 11:51 am

Programs: UA Million Miler; UA-1K; Hilton Lifetime Diamond; Marriott Lifetime Platinum; SPG Platinum
I made it! Yippee - got my "box" this week but my spouse opened it because, what else, I'm on the road. I've been waiting for this for years. I abandoned Hilton in 2010 after hitting 1400 nights and have been asking for a Lifetime program every year.

If all goes well, I will make Lifetime Marriott this year. 2 Lifetimes in 1 year. That will be exciting.
Old Mar 12, 15, 2:56 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA Platinum, AS MVPG, UA, DL, HHonors Gold, Marriott LTP, Hyatt, IHG
Originally Posted by aghplane View Post
I did not make Lifetime status at first pass so I called the Diamond Desk to find out how many nights I actually had since I have kept track over the years. I was told by the Diamond Desk that I have been Diamond for 23 consecutive years and had a total 901 paid nights. The number of years seemed about right but my records showed that I have had 1,199 paid nights and 179 award nights.

Good news - I asked Hilton to reinvestigate and they agreed that I had over 1,000 paid nights and was offered Lifetime Diamond status!

I've been Diamond for almost 19 years. I did not expect to have 1000 paid nights, but the first paid night total I received from HHonors seemed ridiculously low at only 430 paid nights. I requested a list of all of my paid and award stays since I joined HHonors. Have not received the list, but did receive a follow-up email stating that I actually have 639 paid nights. Seems much more in the ballpark but one has to wonder what they are doing when they can be off by 200-300 nights. Clearly HHonors did not think this through and appears there is no automated mechanism for calculating lifetime paid nights. Mulling over whether I push for the complete list of my stays...and whether I should nail down lifetime SPG Gold (58 nights away) or lifetime Marriott Gold (have the nights but need almost 400k points).
Old Mar 12, 15, 9:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP LT Plat >3 Million miles,HH Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by aghplane View Post

Originally Posted by MileKing View Post
I've been Diamond for almost 19 years. I did not expect to have 1000 paid nights, but the first paid night total I received from HHonors seemed ridiculously low at only 430 paid nights. I requested a list of all of my paid and award stays since I joined HHonors. Have not received the list, but did receive a follow-up email stating that I actually have 639 paid nights. Seems much more in the ballpark but one has to wonder what they are doing when they can be off by 200-300 nights. Clearly HHonors did not think this through and appears there is no automated mechanism for calculating lifetime paid nights. Mulling over whether I push for the complete list of my stays...and whether I should nail down lifetime SPG Gold (58 nights away) or lifetime Marriott Gold (have the nights but need almost 400k points).
I'm beginning to understand why it takes so long to get a response to a criteria Hilton determined for its lifetime qualification. They clearly do not have a good handle on their data or query mechanisms. I'm also guessing that the cash and points nights also obfuscate the calculation. A customer might logically think this is a paid night whereas Hilton might see it as an award night.. and it might be treated differently for lifetime vs annual calculation, not because it makes sense but because as business requirements turn into code there are more decisions to be made. We didn't keep good records of the nights paid for the last 20+ years we have stayed in Hilton so I did ask for a breakdown of paid. My SO always says do not ask questions you do not want the answer to, so in my case the email letting me know I'm lifetime should really be all I need. I think I have a little more sympathy for the cu d to m e service reps. They don't have a lot to work with to answer questions.

be confident that
Old Mar 17, 15, 7:42 am

Programs: AA Gold, UA Silver, HH Lifetime Diamond, Marr Lifetime Titanium, Avis Presidents
Made LTD after 16 years of Diamond and 1782 nights. Received my brick and card and ordered my gift card and headphones.
Old Mar 18, 15, 6:58 am

Programs: Honors Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Platinum, United 1K Million miller
Got my headphones and bloomy card. very nice!!

I received my headphones and bloomy card yesterday, it came very quickly as I only ordered it from the website on Thursday. I was very impressed on how meticulously it was gift wrapped in a very sleek black box with a card congratulating me again on lifetime diamond status. Made me feel very special. get to keep the headphones but wifey snatched the bloomy card as soon as I opened the box.
Old Mar 18, 15, 12:12 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond - 2 Million Miler - Flying Colonel, Hilton LTD, Marriott Platinum
So, got the package (any chance the card sets off airport scanners?) and sat down to order headphones and gift card. Asked my sweet wife which she wanted: Bloomingdales, Saks, or Tumi - all three are foreign to where I live in SC. "What's Tumi?" Expensive luggage and such. You don't need luggage. "Let me look. Oh, it is expensive!" So, Bloomingdales or Saks? "I want the Tumi!"

We order wine the same way....

Ordered.
Old Mar 19, 15, 3:58 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor Gold, HH D, BA Silver
Wiki updated to this point, congrats to all those getting LTD and the nice gifts / box / nice metal card ^

Originally Posted by 35kup View Post
Didnt think I had a problem making this since I started almost 20yrs ago!
nice to see Hilton stepping up
I'll take this opportunity to welcome you to FT and the Hilton subforum 35kup ^

Imagine you have been lurking in the past but glad we pulled you into the land of the posters and hope we see more from you along with any advice or info you may have gleaned during those many, many hotel stays Please don't stop at one (post!)

Originally Posted by Oldogface View Post
<snip>Asked my sweet wife which she wanted: <snip> "I want the Tumi!"

We order wine the same way....
This made me laugh, ^ (and guess I fit neatly into another demographic for Hilton customers)...ah, well, I can think I am an individual

Any other lifers out there? @:-)
Old Mar 21, 15, 2:55 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler; UA-1K; Hilton Lifetime Diamond; Marriott Lifetime Platinum; SPG Platinum
I made lifetime diamond but wasn't targeted for the 100000 Hilton point promotion. Did any lifetime diamonds get this 100000 point promotion?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: