Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 11, 2015, 3:23 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: gaugeguy

DFL Image by BA_pics, on Flickr

They say diamonds are forever @:-)

This wiki will be used to list (in one place) those members that have achieved Hilton LTD status: They are (in order of posting order!):

40 FT members so far: (Congrats ^ )

As of January 2016:

1. ChicagoPlanesTrains
2. troyintn
3. dshafiee
4. stewlevine
5. IMStill4Travel
6. Oldogface
7. KenTarmac
8. 48pager
9. CoyoteExecPlatinum
10. snapper6768
11. docgasman
12. mbru
13. sarah.telaviv
14. dave0823
15. ExecPlatWife's Husband
16. auburntiger
17. Marq
18. monyline
19. gloryguy
20. avnmgr
21. Chang11
22. busyroadwarrior
23. DevilDawg1960
24. gqZJzU4vusf0Z2,$d7
25. rowatts
26. taylormuk
27. 35kup
28. worldiswide
29. 777-222
30. aghplane
31. PandaHouston
32. ontherun
33. geekboy
34. skimanant
35. innflyer
36. smmrfld
37. milesmilesmiles
38. hfly
39. Phil the Flyer (also Mrs Phil the Flyer)
40. MrHilton
41. kanerf
42. TSparky
43. Truffles
44. Traveller
45. Gaugeguy
wiki updated to post 69
Print Wikipost

Lifetime Status Roll call

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2018, 5:47 am

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Got the e-mail today Stayed at Hilton for the first time when I was 18yo and now made lifetime Diamond 12y later, stayed exclusively for leisure.
Dublin_rfk likes this.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 10:07 am

Programs: UA P, Delta SL, US SL, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, IHG PL AMB, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat
Lifetime since last year

Add me to the list. I received my LT credentials last year.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 11:05 am

Please include me as well. Achieved LT status last year.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 11:10 am

Programs: Hilton Lifetime Diamond
You can add yourself to the Wiki list at the top of this thread if you choose to....
Old Oct 7, 2018, 10:44 am

Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott/SPG Lifetime Gold
Got the big welcome box last night, including the bosesport wireless headphones.

The most interesting stat for me was that I had stayed at 122 different hilton hotels.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 7:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Retired :)
Originally Posted by Paladin
Got the big welcome box last night, including the bosesport wireless headphones.
Seriously? Am I going to get a real gift with this lifetime status?
Old Oct 11, 2018, 11:39 am

Programs: Hilton Lifetime Diamond, DL Diamond & 2M Miler, Marriott Titanium
I received the big box yesterday. I was a wee bit disappointed that the headphones were just ear buds, and with not very flattering reviews. I set out to return the unopened package to a retailer that sells Bose headphones for store credit toward a better pair. This was not as easy as it used to be when returning unwanted Christmas gifts in years past.. Best Buy, Fry's, and a smaller Walmart all said no unless I had a receipt. A Walmart Supercenter finally said they would give me store credit if I bought something of equal or greater value at the same time. Expect a $149 credit if a friendly retailer is found.
Old Oct 11, 2018, 3:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Retired :)
I got my box yesterday, I haven't opened the Bose box yet. I'll be happy if they are earbuds, I like them so much better than the over the ear kind.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 1:11 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles Lifetime Silver, Delta MM, Lifetime Marriott Plat, Lifetime Hilton Honors Diamond
Does anyone know if the Diamond status you attain for a year as part of the "one time bump to Diamond" when you don't travel enough in a given year counts toward lifetime status? I've got 9 years of Diamond with over 1100 paid nights but due to changes in my profession I decided to take early retirement and don't travel enough to reach the 60 nights anymore and don't spend enough to make the credit card fee worthwhile. I'm still Diamond this year and I'll hit around 40 nights so I'd plan on taking the bump next year. Beyond that, I don't know if the benefits are enough anymore to make it worthwhile to make the push get to 60 actual nights this year.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 4:09 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad Plat
Can't answer the question on the 'one time free bump' bit...should be fine as those status matched to Diamond as part of their years did count apparently from previous posts, however, for a definitive answer you may wish to contact the Hilton FT Rep and ask her via PM?

Regarding how to get diamond for the last year in any case...you don't necessarily need 60 nights...you can also do 30 stays (reward stays count towards Diamond status) as well if that helps. So 30 x 1 nighters at low cost hotels as mattress runs or reward stays should make Diamond attainable for you?

Hope that helps, safe travels,

BotB
Old Oct 17, 2018, 6:00 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles Lifetime Silver, Delta MM, Lifetime Marriott Plat, Lifetime Hilton Honors Diamond
Thanks for the response BotB. I do realize that I can do 30 stays but for reasons that I won't go into, that isn't a good option for me either.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 3:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
IIRC somebody asked this question in the extension launch thread, not sure if a definitive answer was ever provided.

For the OP here this is at most a couple a/few hundred $ question, as the CC for one year (net of benefits derived) would seal the deal. Try the extension and if that doesn't work do the CC.
Jump likes this.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 8:34 am

Originally Posted by Jump
Does anyone know if the Diamond status you attain for a year as part of the "one time bump to Diamond" when you don't travel enough in a given year counts toward lifetime status? I've got 9 years of Diamond with over 1100 paid nights but due to changes in my profession I decided to take early retirement and don't travel enough to reach the 60 nights anymore and don't spend enough to make the credit card fee worthwhile. I'm still Diamond this year and I'll hit around 40 nights so I'd plan on taking the bump next year. Beyond that, I don't know if the benefits are enough anymore to make it worthwhile to make the push get to 60 actual nights this year.
I did the one off extension 2016/2017, requalified 2017/2018 and got LT status (unexpected an a very pleasant surprise) a couple of months ago. That may be a slightly different position to the one your are in though.
Jump likes this.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 7:58 pm

Programs: AC*SE & MM/*Wood Gold/HHonors Diamond/Marriott Silver/AirMiles Gold
As someone who is approaching his 10th year as Diamond but less than 500 stays, I am honestly a little jealous
Old Oct 19, 2018, 11:39 am

Programs: Hilton Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by lcohen999
As someone who is approaching his 10th year as Diamond but less than 500 stays, I am honestly a little jealous
I guess you know this, but LD status is based on 1,000 nights (pair or reward) not stays. You must be close if not there......

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.