FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hilton | Hilton Honors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors-417/)
-   -   Lifetime Status Roll call (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/1654212-lifetime-status-roll-call.html)

EuropeanPete Jun 4, 2018 4:08 am

Originally Posted by HawkeyeFlyer (Post 29064356)
Most people who can afford the $450 annual fee will qualify for the card.

Apart from the 7 billion people who don't live in the US.

Andriyko Jun 4, 2018 5:38 am

Originally Posted by Goflyer100 (Post 29825723)
I read that Hilton Diamond Lifetime status will be granted to those who have been Diamond member for 10 years (non-consecutive). I became Hilton Diamond for 2 years with my Accor Platinum that I have matched. Do these 2 years count towards the 10 years for lifetime Diamond?

Being a Diamond member for 10 years is only one of the requirements. You also need to have had 1,000 paid or reward nights or to have accumulated over 2,000,000 base points. The language about maintaining Diamond status is rather vague but nothing specifically excludes the year(s) one was a Diamond member through a status match or a credit card.

Upon Boarding Jun 4, 2018 9:17 pm

Originally Posted by Andriyko (Post 29826454)
Being a Diamond member for 10 years is only one of the requirements. You also need to have had 1,000 paid or reward stays or to have accumulated over 2,000,000 base points. The language about maintaining Diamond status is rather vague but nothing specifically excludes the year(s) one was a Diamond member through a status match or a credit card.

I know that maintaining Diamond status for 10 years is just one of the requirements. Are there people here who are already granted Diamond for life that includes years through a status match? And is there any place where I can track my way to Diamond life?

Andriyko Jun 5, 2018 1:01 am

Originally Posted by Goflyer100 (Post 29829739)
And is there any place where I can track my way to Diamond life?

There is no place to track your progress. You need to ask the customer service department to open a case for you and provide you with your up-to-date stats.

Upon Boarding Jun 5, 2018 1:13 am

Originally Posted by Andriyko (Post 29830165)
There is now place to track your progress. You need to ask the customer service department to open a case for you and provide you with your up-to-date stats.

Ok, and what expenses will count towards lifetime Diamond? I guess all room rates, extra expenses in restaurants but excluding taxes. Will buying points also count towards lifetime diamond?

Andriyko Jun 5, 2018 1:37 am

Originally Posted by Goflyer100 (Post 29830196)
Ok, and what expenses will count towards lifetime Diamond? I guess all room rates, extra expenses in restaurants but excluding taxes. Will buying points also count towards lifetime diamond?

All eligible folio charge will count (taxes do not count). Only base points count, so buying bonus points won't.

Upon Boarding Jun 5, 2018 9:07 pm

Originally Posted by Andriyko (Post 29830250)
All eligible folio charge will count (taxes do not count). Only base points count, so buying bonus points won't.

Thanks! I earn on average 1000-1200 base points per night. In that way I will achieve lifetime Diamond way faster by achieving 1000 nights rather than 2,000,000 base points.

smmrfld Jun 5, 2018 11:05 pm

Originally Posted by Andriyko (Post 29826454)
You also need to have had 1,000 paid or reward stays or to have accumulated over 2,000,000 base points.

This is incorrect. It's 1,000 nights, not stays.

Andriyko Jun 6, 2018 3:39 am

Originally Posted by smmrfld (Post 29834123)
This is incorrect. It's 1,000 nights, not stays.

You're right. I made a mistake. Of course, it is 1,000 nights.

Truffles Sep 7, 2018 11:56 am

Got the email today - I now have Lifetime Diamond status. I am a little surprised; I thought I had another 30k points to go, but I am glad I was mistaken.

TSparky Sep 12, 2018 3:28 pm

Just got the email on 9/7 also. I believe I crossed the night threshold in July so I'm guessing it's not an instant process.

Paladin Sep 20, 2018 3:42 pm

Hi - also received the email on the 7th.

Has anyone received a package in the mail? I assume they started mailing out after the 13th. I'm also guessing its a pair of headphones, but still curious.

Thanks!

milesmilesmiles Sep 20, 2018 5:22 pm

I think they typically wait till the beginning of the calendar year to verify lifetime status. I believe packages are actually mailed around April.

Paladin Sep 21, 2018 1:47 pm

Some of us received an email on September 7 welcoming us to Lifetime Diamond (I crossed the threshold earlier in the year) and asking us to confirm our mailing address by September 13 for a welcome kit. Though re-reading the email, it says they will send out the welcome gift in the mail "in the coming months" so maybe they just needed to tell the vendor the address and this will be a XMAS present.

October 2 - Received update email from Hilton - welcome package on its way, expect in a few weeks.

Traveller Oct 2, 2018 8:37 pm

I just got an email notifying me that I will get my Lifetime Diamond package in the mail shortly. I didn't realize I was close, what is the criteria?

I used the one time bump for diamond for 2018 since I didn't travel much last year.