Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 11, 2015, 3:23 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: gaugeguy

DFL Image by BA_pics, on Flickr

They say diamonds are forever @:-)

This wiki will be used to list (in one place) those members that have achieved Hilton LTD status: They are (in order of posting order!):

40 FT members so far: (Congrats ^ )

As of January 2016:

1. ChicagoPlanesTrains
2. troyintn
3. dshafiee
4. stewlevine
5. IMStill4Travel
6. Oldogface
7. KenTarmac
8. 48pager
9. CoyoteExecPlatinum
10. snapper6768
11. docgasman
12. mbru
13. sarah.telaviv
14. dave0823
15. ExecPlatWife's Husband
16. auburntiger
17. Marq
18. monyline
19. gloryguy
20. avnmgr
21. Chang11
22. busyroadwarrior
23. DevilDawg1960
24. gqZJzU4vusf0Z2,$d7
25. rowatts
26. taylormuk
27. 35kup
28. worldiswide
29. 777-222
30. aghplane
31. PandaHouston
32. ontherun
33. geekboy
34. skimanant
35. innflyer
36. smmrfld
37. milesmilesmiles
38. hfly
39. Phil the Flyer (also Mrs Phil the Flyer)
40. MrHilton
41. kanerf
42. TSparky
43. Truffles
44. Traveller
45. Gaugeguy
wiki updated to post 69
Print Wikipost

Lifetime Status Roll call

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2017, 4:48 pm

Programs: UA MM Plat, UA 1MM, Hilton Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold, CLEAR, AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by Michael El
Just called the Diamond desk and I'm a couple of years short. Need ten years, not consecutive, as a diamond member to make it. Twelve more nights this year and I'll have eight years under my belt. I have accumulated 624 nights and have used my points for several nice vacations. I guess I'll be Lifetime Diamond beginning in 2020.^
Why chase it, given that you can basically buy it with Aspire. While Hilton isn't bad I have stopped even trying and just book the chain that best works for me. If it is one of the Hilton family of hotels then fine but I won't chase Diamond anymore.
Old Nov 10, 2017, 6:12 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by HawkeyeFlyer
You obviously have not read the details. Yes there is a $450 annual fee. However, you get $500 of credits each year. You also get Diamond status without spending a single night in a Hilton Hotel room.

No you do not get Lifetime Status but who cares. Those of us who earned out Lifetime Status by staying at the properties clearly feel devalued by people get our same status for really doing nothing
I never thought you should get it anyway. Earn it every year like the rest of us.It was made up out of the blue with random qualifications. You might think you're better than Diamonds that earn it each year, but you're not. You'r no different to us workin cowboys than the CC scroungers.
Seabilly likes this.
Old Nov 10, 2017, 8:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, UA Million Miler Gold, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by IcHot
I never thought you should get it anyway. Earn it every year like the rest of us.It was made up out of the blue with random qualifications. You might think you're better than Diamonds that earn it each year, but you're not. You'r no different to us workin cowboys than the CC scroungers.
At least get your facts straight or ask before you jump on someone. I still qualify each year with stays.....easily
Old Nov 10, 2017, 11:39 am

Programs: BA Exec Club Gold, Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond, Avis Presidents Club
Checked with the Diamond Helpdesk today and they are telling me I've just qualified as Lifetime - this is the 10th year as diamond and I have almost 1100 nights. They are also saying I should get the status through before the end of this calendar year - although I thought it would come through in 2018?
Old Nov 11, 2017, 7:59 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by stevedotgone
Checked with the Diamond Helpdesk today and they are telling me I've just qualified as Lifetime - this is the 10th year as diamond and I have almost 1100 nights. They are also saying I should get the status through before the end of this calendar year - although I thought it would come through in 2018?
Congrats on making it. You will find out it doesn't really mean much. I felt this way when I got it and it has been completely reinforced by the release of the new Aspire card.
Basically anyone who cares enough to want Diamond will be able to get it. Complete joke
Old Nov 11, 2017, 9:16 am

Programs: Hilton Lifetime Diamond
Congrats on making it. You will find out it doesn't really mean much. I felt this way when I got it and it has been completely reinforced by the release of the new Aspire card.
Basically anyone who cares enough to want Diamond will be able to get it. Complete joke
I am still hoping they will announce a level higher than Diamond which will include existing Lifetime Diamonds.......
Old Nov 11, 2017, 12:56 pm
Suspended

You should send it back to them in protest.
Seabilly likes this.
Old Nov 12, 2017, 2:07 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by IcHot
You should send it back to them in protest.
Why waste the postage. The stamp might be worth worth than the status
Old Nov 12, 2017, 2:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Not everyone is going to qualify for the Aspire card. Will most likely have little impact on number of Diamonds.
Seabilly likes this.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 1:03 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Baze
Not everyone is going to qualify for the Aspire card. Will most likely have little impact on number of Diamonds.
Most people who can afford the $450 annual fee will qualify for the card.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 6:12 pm

Programs: UA MM Plat, UA 1MM, Hilton Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold, CLEAR, AS MVP Gold
Most people who can afford the $450 annual fee will qualify for the card.
+1
No doubt, further diluting diamond status. I think this will backfire on them. I purposefully will not push for diamond status now, have been LT Gold and had thought Diamond would be nice but from what I have heard over the last several weeks to months....why bother!
Old Nov 15, 2017, 10:51 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, United, Delta
Has anyone gotten any "attaboy" or notification of years-of-status even if not LD?

I'll be at 10 years Diamond this year, but am probably short some stays. Just wondering if they give you a "Hey, you're almost there" or note at 10 years.

TDM
Old Nov 18, 2017, 8:38 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Friendly Traveling Deathmerchant
Has anyone gotten any "attaboy" or notification of years-of-status even if not LD?

I'll be at 10 years Diamond this year, but am probably short some stays. Just wondering if they give you a "Hey, you're almost there" or note at 10 years.

TDM
considering they barely give you anything once you make it, i doubt there is much coming your way for being close
kellyzr likes this.
Old Nov 18, 2017, 8:39 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nomad420
+1
No doubt, further diluting diamond status. I think this will backfire on them. I purposefully will not push for diamond status now, have been LT Gold and had thought Diamond would be nice but from what I have heard over the last several weeks to months....why bother!
There is no reason to push for Diamond. It is not worth much once you get it.
Old Jun 3, 2018, 10:41 pm
formerly Goflyer100

Programs: DL Platinum Medallion - Hilton Diamond
I read that Hilton Diamond Lifetime status will be granted to those who have been Diamond member for 10 years (non-consecutive). I became Hilton Diamond for 2 years with my Accor Platinum that I have matched. Do these 2 years count towards the 10 years for lifetime Diamond?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.