Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

100,000 Points for maintaining diamond?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

100,000 Points for maintaining diamond?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2018, 6:51 am

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
Originally Posted by wizla
...the then Hilton honors rep said that those who didn't receive the 100k would be targeted with some other " very cool offers "
They promised something very cool. Didn't you receive the cold shoulder like I got?
Old Oct 29, 2018, 8:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by Howste
They promised something very cool. Didn't you receive the cold shoulder like I got?
You got a shoulder? Lucky, I didn't even get that.
Old Oct 29, 2018, 12:35 pm

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by Howste
Nope, I was one of the lucky ones that was targeted but I still feel it's unfair on those who didn't and got promised better things later down the road.......I would feel cheated too!
Old Oct 29, 2018, 8:05 pm

Programs: AC*SE & MM/*Wood Gold/HHonors Diamond/Marriott Silver/AirMiles Gold
This is such an old thread to revive, so unusual.

As a data point, I did receive the 100,000 points at the time
Old Oct 29, 2018, 8:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Me too, nice to get. Back then though I don’t recall the promos going on 24/7.
Old Oct 29, 2018, 8:15 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, AA Platinum, Marriott Gold
I've been a diamond most of the last 18 years and I've *never* expected or asked for an extra bonus to "retain/re-qualify" my level. Like most people I suppose I just enjoy the extra points that come as a bonus on each stay from already being a diamond when I stay. Those add up plenty over time.
Old Oct 30, 2018, 2:23 am

Originally Posted by lcohen999
This is such an old thread to revive, so unusual.

As a data point, I did receive the 100,000 points at the time
Well yes kind of......... but they did state " further down the line our menbers who didn't receive the 100000 points will receive some very cool offers " ...... we are now definitely further down the line .
I was curious if it actually happened?........obviously not.
Old Oct 30, 2018, 5:56 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Well yes kind of......... but they did state " further down the line our menbers who didn't receive the 100000 points will receive some very cool offers " ...... we are now definitely further down the line .
Seriously doubt that there is any connection but I'd say that the 10k milestones at 40/50 nights, and the 30k at 60 nights, plus the ability to gift gold are all pretty cool.
Old Oct 30, 2018, 6:06 am

Originally Posted by Cymro
Seriously doubt that there is any connection but I'd say that the 10k milestones at 40/50 nights, and the 30k at 60 nights, plus the ability to gift gold are all pretty cool.
Gift gold?.......please tell me more.
Old Oct 30, 2018, 6:08 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Gift gold?.......please tell me more.
I'm still on 59 nights but I think they mentioned that you will get the ability to nominate a gold partner cardholder at 60... will check this out but tbh I don't know anyone who travels to Hiltons enough to really notice and who isn't diamond already.
Old Oct 30, 2018, 8:35 am

Originally Posted by Cymro
I'm still on 59 nights but I think they mentioned that you will get the ability to nominate a gold partner cardholder at 60... will check this out but tbh I don't know anyone who travels to Hiltons enough to really notice and who isn't diamond already.
Yes at 60 nights you can gift Gold status to anyone. At 100 nights you can gift Diamond status.
Old Oct 30, 2018, 11:07 am

Originally Posted by HHonors OUTSIDER
Yes at 60 nights you can gift Gold status to anyone. At 100 nights you can gift Diamond status.
Ok thanks......didnt know that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.