Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

100,000 Points for maintaining diamond?

100,000 Points for maintaining diamond?

Old Feb 3, 2015, 2:38 am

Programs: Marriott and British Airways
Bizar. Just earned 100.000 points in 3 minutes by clicking the Hilton link.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 2:43 am

Programs: LH FTL, KL Platinum, AB Gold, BA Silver, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt GP Diamond
UNFAIR

Originally Posted by skunker
"REGISTRATION ERROR

Based on the account number you entered, you are not eligible for an exclusive offer at this time."

This is so UNFAIR to only offer to some. I made Diamond on $ spend, last year often by paying for premium rooms / suites. Thanks Hilton for not rewarding this loyalty.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 3:02 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH Gold, whatever is saved on the Sky box
Clicked on the link just to see what would happen. Received the following:

You're now registered to take advantage of this exclusive offer. Each stay through April 30, 2015, will count double toward the number of stays needed to achieve your 2016 tier status. Book now and get a boost on upgrading your tier status today.

UK based HH Gold, only 1 stay booked between now and 30 April, no email received.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 4:14 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Well the good news is I've started receiving promo emails from Hhonors after a PM to Erin..... the bad news is I didn't receive this offer and the link doesn't work for me I've sent an email to the Diamond Desk so we will see what they say.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 4:23 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond; Delta Diamond; Hyatt Diamond; IHG Platinum; Emerald Exec Elite
No luck for me. Got the "REGISTRATION ERROR Based on the account number you entered, you are not eligible for an exclusive offer at this time."

I've made Diamond the last 4 years based on nights. I really hope that the "at this time" language means they are just in the process of still rolling this out to all Diamonds.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 4:29 am
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Originally Posted by ITravelElite
Bizar. Just earned 100.000 points in 3 minutes by clicking the Hilton link.
+1.

Maybe they went through and only selected those of us that barely made Diamond and rewarded us? They realize those of us close have other options (and are exercising them) so they're trying to keep us and they feel the ones who choose to qualify with lots of cushion are a captive audience.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 4:33 am

Originally Posted by IAHtraveler
+1.

Maybe they went through and only selected those of us that barely made Diamond and rewarded us? They realize those of us close have other options (and are exercising them) so they're trying to keep us and they feel the ones who choose to qualify with lots of cushion are a captive audience.
Nope, not the case here, that's for sure. And apparently golds are getting fast track and a bunch of points too. But just the middle finger for many of us.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 4:37 am

Programs: LH FTL, KL Platinum, AB Gold, BA Silver, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt GP Diamond
+1.

They forget that the ones with cushion have other options as well, that are easier as well. And many have already executed on those options
Old Feb 3, 2015, 4:49 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
+1.

We all have other options. Those who far exceeded the qualification criteria simply prefer to stay exclusively with Hhonors properties. I am not sure why those who barely qualified should be rewarded while those who give all their business to HHonors properties should be ignored.

Nobody knows for sure what they are trying to achieve with the targeted offers and how they choose who qualifies but these may do more to upset some members than achieve anything else... Especially at this age when information is shared and spreads within seconds. Targeted offers are supposed to be private but when they are out in the open it makes other members scratch their heads and wonder why they did not qualify and come up with all possible theories.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 5:23 am
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Originally Posted by Andriyko
I am not sure why those who barely qualified should be rewarded while those who give all their business to HHonors properties should be ignored.
I'm definitely NOT saying those that barely qualify (like myself, since I spread my wealth) should receive any additional perks. Just trying to find some plausible excuse on their "strategy".
Old Feb 3, 2015, 5:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So did any UK/EU based DIA get the 2/3 as well?
Old Feb 3, 2015, 5:40 am
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest, BT Exec
I got 100000 points + 2/3 x points offer. I am not UK based, although most of my stays take place in London.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 5:43 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
I'm definitely NOT saying those that barely qualify (like myself, since I spread my wealth) should receive any additional perks. Just trying to find some plausible excuse on their "strategy".
Nor did I imply that!

I simply questioned why would that be the reason, and then elaborated that nobody really knew what the reason was.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 6:10 am

Programs: HHonors-D, Delta Silver, IHG Plat
Great Post!

Thanks for the post! I am able to requalify for Diamond with our upcoming trip to Costa Rica. I have been a Diamond for 10 years; but, was about to lose it as my spouse started a new business venture and we don't travel as much as we used to. I do love the Diamond benefits.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 6:18 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond
So - why have they done this promo?

Some things come to mind:
1) They wanted to give something to their elites, and clearly distinguish Diamonds from Golds here. One of the common complaints by Diamonds is the lack of recognition over Golds.

2) However, Golds also got a Top-Deal, even if tied to stays. A fast-track to Diamond for some, specifically fast-tracks for requalification of former Diamonds may point to the fact, that Hilton has seen people actually voting with their feet, leaving the programme?!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.