Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

100,000 Points for maintaining diamond?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

100,000 Points for maintaining diamond?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2015, 3:59 pm

Programs: Holder of six "persona non-grata" awards
HHonors giveth, and HHonors taketh; seems like this is another IT glitch.
Old Feb 2, 2015, 4:02 pm

I wasn't expecting the 100,000 points, but was hoping for the 2-3x promo. I'm happy with this, hopefully I get the lifetime diamond also.
Old Feb 2, 2015, 4:06 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Something different as a Gold:

You're now registered to take advantage of this exclusive offer. Each stay through April 30, 2015, will count double toward the number of stays needed to achieve your 2016 tier status. Book now and get a boost on upgrading your tier status today.

Useless for me !!
Old Feb 2, 2015, 4:24 pm
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by RAPC
Thanks for the link earlier in the thread. Not had an email, but the link worked a treat for me as a re-qualified Diamond and the 100k is in my account now as well.
It is a very nice bonus and I really like the instant points deposit. ^

I also just had the number of nights required for renewing Diamond.
Old Feb 2, 2015, 4:25 pm

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC
Same offer as the OP, same initial thought as someone else -- "Must be a credit card offer or something"

Was so surprised when I clicked the link that I had to read it two or three times to make sure I was correctly comprehending the offer. No strings or anything on the points (cool! though I did chuckle at the accompanying language), and the 2x/3x has been one of my most beneficial promos.

I certainly take back all of the grumbling I was doing under my breath when the no global promo / targeted only news broke a little while back
Old Feb 2, 2015, 4:25 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Accor Silver, Marriott Gold, CAM Card
Originally Posted by PeS
100k points yes here, 2x/3x offer not.
In 2014 I had exactly 100 nights with Hilton, so probably no need to incentivize me. Is this a suggestion to take my business somewhere else?
Nothing received here and the link doesn't work for me. I stayed 106 nights last year at Hilton properties. I guess that they don't need to bother with me. As others have mentioned, in these days of instant communications word gets around quickly. These opaque offers with unpublished qualification standards cause a great deal of annoyance and envy. I also have the fear that the forthcoming lifetime Diamond program will follow the same path without any clear qualification criteria.

With no promotion for which I'm eligible until Hilton's next one in March, maybe it is time to try another program (there's a nice Kimpton a block away from where I normally stay).
Old Feb 2, 2015, 4:33 pm

Programs: HHonors (Diamond), Marriott (Gold), United (Gold - MM), American (Platinum), National (Executive)
I missed Diamond for the first time in 10 years. When I clicked it said that if I stayed 6 times by April 30th I would get my Diamond back + 100,000 points when complete. Actually a nice touch even though I didn't get the email.
Old Feb 2, 2015, 4:33 pm

Erin, can you please reaearch this

Longtime Diamond, re-qualified for 2015 by all three metrics, and no email or bonus. I can't begin to relate how frustrating this is, and it certainly doesn't bode well for the new bonus system. Really ticked.
Old Feb 2, 2015, 4:35 pm

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Hokies82
Actually a nice touch even though I didn't get the email.
I'm not sure that you won't get the email anyway... I just got the email about 15 minutes ago, while others clearly got it much earlier in the day so your number may just not have come up yet.
Old Feb 2, 2015, 4:37 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, AA Platinum
Just got the email, clicked the link and 100k more in my account. I am elated! Haven't had a surprise like this from Hilton in 5yr Diamond.
Well done HHonors!
Now I might not pull my hair out trying to get from ORD to PIT
Old Feb 2, 2015, 4:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by jefftiger
These opaque offers with unpublished qualification standards cause a great deal of annoyance and envy.
No they don't. 99.997% of those not targeted would never know about it.
Old Feb 2, 2015, 4:43 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by indufan
No they don't. 99.997% of those not targeted would never know about it.
Exactly.

And I expect that nearly everybody who did not get the e-mail (yet) and registered successfully, will eventually receive the e-mail.

David
Old Feb 2, 2015, 4:54 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, United, Delta
I *think* it just worked for me...

I clicked on the link in this thread (didn't get an email yet). From the landing webpage, you put in HH number and password, then I got a confirmation webpage that says:

"You're now registered for an exclusive fast track back to Diamond status. Just complete 6 stays or 14 nights by April 30, 2015, and your Diamond status will be reinstated. Plus, we'll even throw in 100,000 HHonors Bonus Points. That's enough for a free night stay at any of our 4,200 hotels and resorts."

...which is weird, as I am (and was) a Diamond for the upcoming year as well as many years past. Eh. I'll check and see if the points post later this week, nothing so far.
Old Feb 2, 2015, 4:54 pm

Programs: Hilton Lifetime Diamond
A prelude to Lifetime Diamond status?
Old Feb 2, 2015, 5:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Got it in an actual email from Hilton!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.