Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

100,000 Points for maintaining diamond?

100,000 Points for maintaining diamond?

Old Feb 3, 2015, 11:59 am

Programs: Hilton Honors LT Diamond, Marriott Gold Delta Gold, Avis Preferred Plus,
Thanks for the link. I didn't get the email but it worked for me. I probably would have gotten it but my preference changed somehow to not receive emails is probably why I didn't get it and why it worked for me.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 12:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
No points (or other offer) for this long term diamond.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 12:21 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; BA GGL; Virgin Gold; United Silver; Hilton Dia; IHG Spire; Marriott Tit; Hertz PC
Originally Posted by kmandrew
This is why I love flyertalk; I received no email - followed the link and low and behold my total is 100k higher.
+1 here - been UK-based Diamond for about 10 years, usually just hitting it each year by stays.

No x2 x3 additional offer for me on the registration page or my offers

Hope the US-only theory on no additional stays offer is more accurate than the 100k being in lieu of a Lifetime Status offer
Old Feb 3, 2015, 12:21 pm

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, IHG Silver, BW Diamond
I apparently don't qualify. I've been Diamond for two years based on spend (I think I would have reached Gold last year on stays too). I don't think I have ever been targeted for anything from Hhonors. Bummer.

"REGISTRATION ERROR

Based on the account number you entered, you are not eligible for an exclusive offer at this time."
Old Feb 3, 2015, 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by CFFrost
I never really understand complaining about not being targeted. Chances are, the next promo you will be targeted and some folks who received this promo will not be.
Two responses:

1) Hilton IT is so bad that who knows what "not targeted" actually means? LOTS of people on this thread never got "targeted" but put their info into the deep link someone provided and voila! So is it much of a stretch to think one might have been left off the list entirely? If a two-line email stands a chance of a response of "Oh, I see we forgot to include you, here you go", then yes I'm going to send it!
2) I'm not going to leave my business up to chance and let someone else play games with my money. People who didn't get this but had it rubbed in their faces are supposed to just sit there and wait 3-6 months?

Originally Posted by hugolover
This is the standard "why didn't I get xxx promo" response. No point reading into it at all.

You can find it verbatim across this forum.
Actually, what I found inexplicable here was the part about this promotion being "mailed to an audience of people who generally focus their travel outside of Hilton" when clearly it is being sent to a TON of diamonds.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 12:38 pm

Programs: HHonors: Diamond. US Dividend Miles: Gold. Hertz: President's Circle
Does anyone know what nights are considered weekend for the 3x bonus? The webpage doesn't seem to say anywhere. Just curious what a Sunday night counts as?
Old Feb 3, 2015, 12:46 pm

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT; AS MVP Gold75k; HHonors Diamond; IHG PLT
I received the offer - first in a LONG TIME, points are already in my account.

Interesting: there does not appear to be ANY exclusions for the bonus double / triple offer.

Now waiting for the other shoe to drop: another devaluation, reduction in Diamond benefits, 100k is to simply cushion the blow.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 12:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP and 1MM, UA 1K, HH Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by CFFrost
I never really understand complaining about not being targeted. Chances are, the next promo you will be targeted and some folks who received this promo will not be.

I agree the explanation doesn't make a lot of sense, however.
You comment about being targeted for other promotions is completely off base. As a 20 year Diamond I have NEVER been targeted for a promotion. The obvious answer is that I have been too loyal and Hilton takes my business for granted. I still retain my status with more than required nights and points but shifted over $20,000 of business to other chains last year because I have been becoming more and more dissatisfied with the dilution of Diamond benefits. I still am spending a lot of money at Hiltons but that can change any time I choose.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 12:49 pm

Programs: AA PlatPro (LTG), Marriott Titanium (LTG), HH Diamond
Not targeted, registering via link didn't work. This sucks. Diamond for multiple years.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 12:52 pm

Programs: LH FTL, HH ♢, HGP P, Accor P
Also got the email. 100k points posted within minutes. No other offer (2/3x points or 2x stays) though. EU based.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 1:12 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad Plat
I received the email today, obviously very pleased to get 100k points, thank you Hilton.

I do seem to get emails a day or two after some others but they do arrive.

Hope others benefit from this or other interesting offers targeted to them.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 1:15 pm

Programs: HHonors diamond, Virgin Atlantic Gold, Goldpoints gold elite
I got the 100k points but not the 2x 3x offer

My speculation. It's a sweetner for those dimonds who will miss out on the lifetime status.

I'm 7 years diamond. Qualified last year on stays points and nights.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 1:28 pm

Originally Posted by robandjojo423
My speculation. It's a sweetner for those dimonds who will miss out on the lifetime status.
False. Plenty of first and second timers being passed by as well.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 1:32 pm
Accor Contributor BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad Plat
Originally Posted by robandjojo423
I got the 100k points but not the 2x 3x offer

I'm 7 years diamond. Qualified last year on stays points and nights.
(same here re: points but no extra offer)

Similar situation regarding years as diamond, somewhere between 4 and 6 years (can't remember).

Your speculation could be spot on and I wouldn't begrudge those that do get lifetime status personally.

Hopefully some lifetime status will be handed out soon so that we can stop speculating on all these things.

Still, very happy to get some points, obviously would love to get lifetime status as well but appreciate that I don't have enough stays/nights/base points to justify it on that merit alone (in my opinion).

To those that didn't receive this offer, don't be too quick to judge you may be pleasantly surprised in the future (one hopes),
Old Feb 3, 2015, 1:46 pm

I got the offer and the points. Diamond last few years but dropped like a rock to Silver for 2015 after a job change that temporarily decreased travel.

I should be back up in status soon though. These extra points multipliers will be a good motivation.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.