Hilton Honors Promotions Updates

Old Jan 8, 2016, 9:37 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by docbert
Right, which is why I was complaining about still not receiving any promo emails...
Well I finally received my first notification about a Hilton promotion - from Untied Airlines who were nice enough to tell me about the Double Points/Double Miles promo even though Hilton themselves have completely failed to do so...
Old Jan 21, 2016, 9:56 am

This looks like the place to post my concern (not a really big one, but...)

Member since 2009. I've received exactly one monthly statement, or at least the last one that I saved, in June 2014.

I've changed around my subscriptions preferences each time I consider this problem, just to make them "Submit" once again. I receive a confirmation email. I receive promo registration confirmation email. I receive booking emails.

I was matched to Diamond well over a month ago. Received that email. Still no statements or promos.

I just changed today from an msn email address to a gmail address, to see if that remedies the problem, though I don't check the second account as often. And I'd bet it won't change a thing.

Is this some interesting glitch with the email subscription system at HH?
Old Jan 21, 2016, 10:57 am

Correction. Now they are not even sending me the account updates. I clicked everything off, and submitted. Nada, wait, nada. Then I clicked the three boxes (monthly statement, etc) back on. Nada. Earlier change it was instantly reported to me. At both addresses. (Maybe i'll change them back again?)

You hear about 10-month old infants getting put on the no-fly list. The glitches in this high-tech era can be monumental, so if this is the only one I am singled out for, let it be so.
Old Jan 21, 2016, 10:51 pm

I used to have this problem. PM one of the reps with your problem and they will ask you to send over details and confirmation that you want to receive mailings from Hilton and then a couple of weeks later, your statements and promo alerts will start arriving.
Old Jan 22, 2016, 8:43 am
Company Representative - Honors by Hilton
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Honors
Hi all,

If you PM me with your information inserted in the statement below, we can update your account to ensure you are receiving emails properly.

“As the owner of the Hilton HHonors account number __________________ attached to the email address ______________, I elect to receive marketing messages from Hilton World Wide and Hilton HHonors. If I have previously opted out from such marketing messages, I allow this email address to be re-subscribed.”

Let me know if anyone has any questions.

Thank you!
Lauren
Old Jan 27, 2016, 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by PayItForward
I used to have this problem. PM one of the reps with your problem and they will ask you to send over details and confirmation that you want to receive mailings from Hilton and then a couple of weeks later, your statements and promo alerts will start arriving.
And then they stop again for no reason...

I got told that if I opted out previously then they can't resubscribe me. The only issue is I have never opted out. They need to fire the whole IT department and hire someone who can fix things.

No HH emails since maybe February last year. Crazy, I wonder if they are missing much business because of it?
Old Jan 28, 2016, 7:13 am

Originally Posted by Cynicor
And then they stop again for no reason...
They need to fire the whole IT department and hire someone who can fix things.
Seems a bit harsh. Fire hundreds of people, most of whom have nothing to do with promo emails? I'm sure that 1 person they hire to fix the problem will be a little busy with all the other IT issues. "Sorry we can't check you in. Our computers are down, and the 1 IT person in this entire Worldwide chain is trying to make sure promotional emails can be sent. Have a cup of coffee. Or two. It may be a while."
Old Jan 28, 2016, 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by jeffandnicole
Seems a bit harsh. Fire hundreds of people, most of whom have nothing to do with promo emails? I'm sure that 1 person they hire to fix the problem will be a little busy with all the other IT issues. "Sorry we can't check you in. Our computers are down, and the 1 IT person in this entire Worldwide chain is trying to make sure promotional emails can be sent. Have a cup of coffee. Or two. It may be a while."
It's been several year of shocking IT, not just the emails but a dysfunctional website with amazing downtime. Points posting errors and all sorts.

Also, have you heard of exaggeration?
Old Apr 25, 2016, 10:30 pm

Location: EWR Ionosphere Club, LAX Clipper Club, Still Traveling Global, yearly BIS miles
Programs: EAL Silver Wings, I-Club, Flying Colonels DL, WorldPass PLat from the olde Meatball and PE SMARTbank
Originally Posted by arlflyer
More likely targets will include high-value customers of other chains, and airline elites.
I cant even get my reservations emailed to me, despite the notifications that I clicked on my profile.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.