Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hampton Inn Appleton-Fox River Mall Area {US-WI}

Hampton Inn Appleton-Fox River Mall Area {US-WI}

Old Jan 22, 15, 2:40 pm
Original Poster

Arrow Hampton Inn Appleton-Fox River Mall Area {US-WI}

The last flight of the day is scheduled into ATW a little bit after 11p. With delays and such, especially this time of year, you can't plan on it being early. And it is a relatively small plane - about 50 seats.

The problem is that basically everything is shut down by then - such as car rental agencies.

I recently was on that flight and called the Hampton during the day to ask about their shuttle bus. Was told it didn't run that late.

But they offered to send a taxi to the airport to meet the flight and to pay for it. And that is exactly what they did. When I landed, the cab was outside (they told me the name of the cab company but it was the only cab there) and when we got to the hotel, the driver knew the hotel was paying him not me.

Too many times have I arrived in one of these small towns after the free shuttle service has stopped running (or before it starts in the morning) and have to call the local taxi company or impose on a travelling co-worker.

Hampton - much appreciated the way you handled this.
Old Jan 22, 15, 5:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL PM, UA Gold, WN A-List, HH DIA, Hyatt Disc, IHG Spire/AMB, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
That is excellent, truly above and beyond service ^

I hope you wrote a TripAdvisor review for the hotel mentioning this.
Old Jan 23, 15, 2:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
It sounds like the hotel management is on the ball there. They know that flight often arrives late. Rather than paying an extra staff member to stay every night, they contract with the local cab company to bring guests to the hotel. ^^

Search this Thread
Search Engine: