Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Change in # of points between 5 and 6 days

Old Dec 18, 2014, 11:53 am
Original Poster

Is a small increase in the number of points common from five to six days. The number of points went lower from the standard rate going from one day to five days. But if I add one more day for a total of six, the number of points increases by 900. Is this common?
Old Dec 18, 2014, 12:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by sc8077
Is a small increase in the number of points common from five to six days. The number of points went lower from the standard rate going from one day to five days. But if I add one more day for a total of six, the number of points increases by 900. Is this common?
Are you sure that there is not a change in points required for that 6th night?
Old Dec 18, 2014, 12:09 pm
Original Poster

Maybe it wasn't clear. 1 night = 30k a night. 5 nights = 20k a night. 6 nights = 20.9k a night. I was wondering why the 6 nights increased over a 5 night reservation. I would have assumed 6 nights would have remained at 20k a night.
Old Dec 18, 2014, 12:14 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist Marriott Gold AA EXP
5th night is free on reward stays, right?
Old Dec 18, 2014, 12:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by sc8077
Maybe it wasn't clear. 1 night = 30k a night. 5 nights = 20k a night. 6 nights = 20.9k a night. I was wondering why the 6 nights increased over a 5 night reservation. I would have assumed 6 nights would have remained at 20k a night.
Originally Posted by bbriscoe34
5th night is free on reward stays, right?
This. I assumed the OP was aware of 5th night free.
WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO TO RECEIVE THE 5th NIGHT FREE BENEFIT ON REWARD STAYS?
5th Night Free is a benefit for our Silver, Gold and Diamond Elite HHonors members. Please make sure you are logged into your HHonors account to automatically receive the benefit on qualifying stays. Please note, this benefit will be reflected in the point price by applying a per night discount that corresponds to one complimentary night for every five nights.
http://hhonors3.hilton.com/en/promot...e-example.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/16555283-post3.html
Old Dec 18, 2014, 12:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Fifth night is free for elite members. This ends up working as a 20% discount on stays of 5 nights.

However, pricing for 5+ nights does get quirky, instead of charging that 6th night at the full point cost per night, some sort of weird averaging goes on that makes it a bit cheaper than it should be.
Old Dec 18, 2014, 12:46 pm
Original Poster

Thanks guys. Long day. The math now makes sense. Took awhile. Cheers.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.