Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Lifetime Diamond - Experiences, Questions, Is It Worth It?" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 16, 2014, 2:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Lifetime Diamond Status with HHonors is now reality. ^

More recent information posted by Lauren (Hilton Honors Representative) reflects changes in the Honors Lifetime Diamond qualifying criteria:

Originally Posted by HonorsRepresentative
Hi all,

A few months ago, we received some great feedback in the Q&A thread with our VP of Hilton HHonors, Aaron Glick. While the team explores a number of initiatives, one area that we could change quickly was our Lifetime Diamond qualifications. As of January 2017, we will grant Lifetime Diamond to all members who have met the following criteria:

• Members who have maintained Diamond status for at least 10 years (years do not need to be consecutive)

AND

• Have stayed at least 1,000 nights - either paid or reward (as you may know, only paid nights were eligible before)

OR

• Have accumulated 2 million Base Points since joining the Hilton HHonors program (this is a new feature to enable more members to enjoy Lifetime Diamond status; also as a reminder, only Base Points are eligible...Bonus Points earned via promotions, co-brand credit cards, or other means do not count towards status)

So now, there will be essentially two ways you can qualify for Lifetime Diamond:
1. 10 years at Diamond with Hilton HHonors + 1,000 nights (including paid and reward)
2. 10 years at Diamond + 2 million cumulative Base Points

An email notification will go out in February to members who have qualified for Lifetime Diamond as of December 31, 2016. If you want a sneak peek to find out if you will qualify, you can contact the Diamond Desk and the team will be happy to help.

Please reach out with any questions or comments, and I’ll be sure to share them directly with Aaron and team.

Thank you!
Lauren
Previous:

Details for the first inductees were announced on the 11th Feb. 2015. Erin (HHonors Rep here on FT) posted the announcement shortly before the emails were sent out to members on the same day.

Originally Posted by HHonorsRepresentative
Hi all,

Thanks for your patience as I gathered more details on our Lifetime Diamond rollout. As we’re in the New Year, I have some additional details to share with you.

Initially, Lifetime Diamond Status will go to a select group of members who met all of the following criteria as of December 31, 2014:
  • Have maintained Diamond Status for at least 10 years (consecutive or concurrent) and
  • Completed paid stays totaling at least 1,000 nights
Members that met this criteria as of December 31, 2014 will be notified via email and receive their Lifetime Diamond Status in the mail at the physical address on their account at the end of February. Members that meet Lifetime Diamond Status criteria in the middle of the year will receive Lifetime Diamond Status at the beginning of the following year.

Please note that we are in early stages of this benefit, which means that elements of this offering may evolve and may change over time. As I hear of any updates, I will be sure to share those here.

As always, your input is truly valued and we welcome your thoughts and feedback during this launch period. We’re here and listening!

Thanks,
Erin
[B]Initially, Lifetime Diamond Status will go to a select group of members who met all of the following criteria as of December 31, 2014:

All paid stays count — not just the paid stays during the years a member is a Hilton HHonors diamond.

As more information becomes available it will be added here. Should you have any updates please post them in the thread or in this wiki to keep the most pertinent info quickly available to those interested.

For those interested, the development unfolded as follows:

Erin, the HHonors rep on FT posted the following on 16/12/2014: (after some eagle eyed attention by adambrock from an email sent out by Hilton and which he thankfully posted here on FT: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...tus-email.html Kudos to adambrock for noticing and sharing it with the community. ^)

HHonorsRepresentative (Erin) wrote in that thread:

In 2015, HHonors will begin introducing Lifetime Diamond Status! As you may know, we’re always looking for new ways to reward you and we take into consideration your feedback on ways to recognize our most loyal members. Over the past several years, we’ve heard from you that Lifetime Diamond Status is important to you and I’m thrilled to announce that we will be inviting some of our most tenured Diamond members into this status.

I’ll have more details for you in early 2015 and I understand our first Lifetime Diamond members will receive their invitations in the early part of 2015. At this time, this is all the information I have on Lifetime Diamond Status, but I will do my best to keep you all updated as I hear more!

levman wrote in a post on Jan 24:

The best source of info I've found is the email address [email protected]. It seems to be staffed with people dedicated to the Lifetime Diamond program.
Print Wikipost

Consolidated "Lifetime Diamond - Experiences, Questions, Is It Worth It?" thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2015, 11:32 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by DevilDawg1960
Complete incompetence at HH about this. Per the suggestion of another poster I sent this email to HH:

I am trying to determine how many paid nights I have toward the 1000 required for lifetime diamond status. I called the Diamond Desk and they were unable to provide. Another HH member suggested that I email this address as they had been provided the answer within an hour.

Can you provide me with the # of paid nights I have?"

This is the response I got:
Dear XXXXXXXX,

Thank you for your inquiry regarding Lifetime Diamond Status. We appreciate you taking the time to contact us.

Our records indicate that your account has registered xxxx total nights since your enrollment on March 31, 1994.

To achieve Lifetime Diamond Status, you must have maintained Diamond Status for at least 10 years (non-consecutive) and completed 1,000 paid nights. The 1,000 paid nights are over the life of the HHonors account, not only the years the Member achieved Diamond status.

If there is anything else we can assist you with, please do not hesitate to contact us. For immediate assistance, please click on the link below for the contact number of the Hilton Worldwide Service Center location nearest you.

http://hhonors3.hilton.com/en/support/index.html

Best regards,

XXXXXXXXX
Diamond Coordinator
Customer Care Email Department
Hilton Reservations and Customer Care
www.hiltonworldwide.com

How are we doing?

Hilton Worldwide strives to offer the world’s best customer service in every interaction. We would love to hear your thoughts on your experience with the last email representative to assist you. Please click on the below survey link to be redirected to a new survey tool geared towards improving the service our email team provides:
I inquired as to what my lifetime stays were and when I became gold and Diamond and I got an e-mail back that they needed to open a case for to figure out my lifetime stats and to allow 7-10 business days for a response.
Old Feb 12, 2015, 11:35 am

Location: ATL - DL DM/3MM - HH Lifetime Diamond - Marriott Lifetime Plat
My loyalty is being tested.

990 Total nights (I thought I had over 1000 but was mistaken)
21 consecutive years as a Diamond Member

Not good enough for Lifetime Diamond Status

Too good for the 100,000 bonus points and 2x/3x promotion

While Hilton is handing out rewards nothing for me and many, what I would consider extremely loyal, customers.

My brother-in-law has been trying to get me to convert to Marriott for years. He called to ask me how I made out with Hilton's new promotions and got a great laugh when I told him that he was right - I should have made the switch over a decade ago. The good news is I have another 10 years of heavy travel so can make LT status in Marriot if I choose. The fact that Hilton cannot even tell me how many PAID nights I have out of the 990 total is mind boggling. Thought about switching my stays the next three weeks in NYC, Berlin, and Istanbul but decided to stay put for the moment.

Rant over - I feel a little better

/\ - This - except I'm at 910 nights.
Old Feb 12, 2015, 12:19 pm

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, UA Million Miler Gold, Marriott Platinum
My loyalty is being tested.

990 Total nights (I thought I had over 1000 but was mistaken)
21 consecutive years as a Diamond Member

Not good enough for Lifetime Diamond Status

Too good for the 100,000 bonus points and 2x/3x promotion

While Hilton is handing out rewards nothing for me and many, what I would consider extremely loyal, customers.

My brother-in-law has been trying to get me to convert to Marriott for years. He called to ask me how I made out with Hilton's new promotions and got a great laugh when I told him that he was right - I should have made the switch over a decade ago. The good news is I have another 10 years of heavy travel so can make LT status in Marriot if I choose. The fact that Hilton cannot even tell me how many PAID nights I have out of the 990 total is mind boggling. Thought about switching my stays the next three weeks in NYC, Berlin, and Istanbul but decided to stay put for the moment.

Rant over - I feel a little better

Sad truth is you are to close to not keep going and get the LTD. They know it so probably not worried about you. Horrible customer loyalty program issues
Old Feb 12, 2015, 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by Tomphot
/\ - This - except I'm at 910 nights.
They got you as well. You are too deep in right now to walk so why bother offering you anything. Awful in my mind
Old Feb 12, 2015, 12:35 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, BA Silver, FB Explorer
Complete incompetence at HH about this. Per the suggestion of another poster I sent this email to HH:

I am trying to determine how many paid nights I have toward the 1000 required for lifetime diamond status. I called the Diamond Desk and they were unable to provide. Another HH member suggested that I email this address as they had been provided the answer within an hour.
I sent a similar email. I got the response back that I needed to email them my PIN before they could tell me anything.....
Old Feb 12, 2015, 12:40 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, Sixt Platinum
In the same boat. Felt enough was enough and switching my 130 nights a year to Marriott starting this year.
Old Feb 12, 2015, 12:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP - 3.7MM, Bonv LIFETIME Titan, HH Dmd, Hyatt Glob., Priority Clb Dmd, Ntnl Exec El., Sixt PLT
Originally Posted by cop35758
In the same boat. Felt enough was enough and switching my 130 nights a year to Marriott starting this year.
- I usually stay 60-65 nights with SPG and 30-33 stays with HHonors just to maintain Diamond. I find SPG a better program overall from Elite benefits to service and hotels in places I like to visit.
Right now I have about 500 nights with HHonors but > 500 nights with SPG (and 3 years to go for Lifetime PLT with SPG).
There is no way I am interested in spending 1.5 years of my life in HHonors properties to get to 1000 nights. I would rater stay with Starwood instead.
Old Feb 12, 2015, 1:10 pm

Originally Posted by Alex_I
- I usually stay 60-65 nights with SPG and 30-33 stays with HHonors just to maintain Diamond. I find SPG a better program overall from Elite benefits to service and hotels in places I like to visit.
Right now I have about 500 nights with HHonors but > 500 nights with SPG (and 3 years to go for Lifetime PLT with SPG).
There is no way I am interested in spending 1.5 years of my life in HHonors properties to get to 1000 nights. I would rater stay with Starwood instead.
Can not blame you for that.

Did you get offered any targeted promotions?
Old Feb 12, 2015, 1:12 pm

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, 20 years
I've been Diamond for 21 consecutive years and did not qualify for Lifetime Diamond or the 100,000 points promotion.
Old Feb 12, 2015, 1:16 pm

Originally Posted by Miesque
I inquired as to what my lifetime stays were and when I became gold and Diamond and I got an e-mail back that they needed to open a case for to figure out my lifetime stats and to allow 7-10 business days for a response.
same for me
Old Feb 12, 2015, 2:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP - 3.7MM, Bonv LIFETIME Titan, HH Dmd, Hyatt Glob., Priority Clb Dmd, Ntnl Exec El., Sixt PLT
Originally Posted by ChicagoPlanesTrains
*See full terms & conditions here. (http://hhonors3.hilton.com/en/promot...ond/terms.html)

Lifetime Diamond Status will be awarded to select HHonors members, who as of December 31st, 2014 have earned Diamond Status for at least 10 years (non-consecutive) and who have completed stays totaling at least 1,000 paid nights pursuant to the standard HHonors Terms & Conditions. Once earned, standard HHonors Terms & Conditions apply. Lifetime Diamond Status is granted at the discretion of HHonors Worldwide, LLC and may be ended, or amended with or without notice or compensation, at HHonors’ sole discretion
- Well, the key here is the statement about "who as of December 31st, 2014". This means that the Lifetime Diamond Status will be awarded only to those individuals. Nowhere it says that it will be awarded at a future date to someone who achieves 1000 paid nights and 10 years as Diamond. So, if you are 999 nights as of Dec. 31, 2014, you could be out of luck regardless how many times you will be staying with HHonors in the future.
Old Feb 12, 2015, 2:24 pm

Programs: AA LifeTime PLT (2.982 MM, But 3MM+ Total), HHonors GOLD, IHG AMB
Does a leap year count as an extra night toward that 1000 nights? Hilton should just bring back the fixed miles for double dipping. I'm just 5 years Diamond, dropping to Gold soon.

Lifetime Diamond. Ridiculous.
Old Feb 12, 2015, 2:27 pm

Location: ATL - DL DM/3MM - HH Lifetime Diamond - Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by Alex_I
- Well, the key here is the statement about "who as of December 31st, 2014". This means that the Lifetime Diamond Status will be awarded only to those individuals. Nowhere it says that it will be awarded at a future date to someone who achieves 1000 paid nights and 10 years as Diamond. So, if you are 999 nights as of Dec. 31, 2014, you could be out of luck regardless how many times you will be staying with HHonors in the future.
Erin also said this............

Members that meet Lifetime Diamond Status criteria in the middle of the year will receive Lifetime Diamond Status at the beginning of the following year.

Please note that we are in early stages of this benefit, which means that elements of this offering may evolve and may change over time. As I hear of any updates, I will be sure to share those here.

As always, your input is truly valued and we welcome your thoughts and feedback during this launch period. We’re here and listening!

Thanks,
Erin
Old Feb 12, 2015, 2:29 pm

Originally Posted by Spock Seat
Does a leap year count as an extra night toward that 1000 nights? Hilton should just bring back the fixed miles for double dipping. I'm just 5 years Diamond, dropping to Gold soon.

Lifetime Diamond. Ridiculous.
I got it and still feel like it is useless. Just devalues the program even more when you think about it.
They make it so easy for people to qualify for Diamond anyway that getting it year over year is a piece of cake. For god sake they only require a $40k spend on the credit card to get it. The whole program is becoming a joke
Old Feb 12, 2015, 2:39 pm

Programs: ACMM / Altitude S100K / HH Diamond
I am within spitting distance of lifetime - so will definitely be working towards it!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.