Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Lifetime Diamond Status Arrives at Hilton Honors — With Required Qualifications

Lifetime Diamond Status Arrives at Hilton Honors — With Required Qualifications

Hide Wikipost
Old Sep 11, 18, 11:00 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: JDiver
Wiki Link
Lifetime Diamond Status with HHonors is now reality.

More recent information posted by Lauren (Hilton Honors Representative) reflects changes in the Honors Lifetime Diamond qualifying criteria:

Originally Posted by HonorsRepresentative View Post
Hi all,

A few months ago, we received some great feedback in the Q&A thread with our VP of Hilton HHonors, Aaron Glick. While the team explores a number of initiatives, one area that we could change quickly was our Lifetime Diamond qualifications. As of January 2017, we will grant Lifetime Diamond to all members who have met the following criteria:

Members who have maintained Diamond status for at least 10 years (years do not need to be consecutive)

AND

Have stayed at least 1,000 nights - either paid or reward (as you may know, only paid nights were eligible before)

OR

Have accumulated 2 million Base Points since joining the Hilton HHonors program (this is a new feature to enable more members to enjoy Lifetime Diamond status; also as a reminder, only Base Points are eligible...Bonus Points earned via promotions, co-brand credit cards, or other means do not count towards status)

So now, there will be essentially two ways you can qualify for Lifetime Diamond:
1. 10 years at Diamond with Hilton HHonors + 1,000 nights (including paid and reward)
2. 10 years at Diamond + 2 million cumulative Base Points

An email notification will go out in February to members who have qualified for Lifetime Diamond as of December 31, 2016. If you want a sneak peek to find out if you will qualify, you can contact the Diamond Desk and the team will be happy to help.

Please reach out with any questions or comments, and Ill be sure to share them directly with Aaron and team.

Thank you!
Lauren
Previous:

Details for the first inductees were announced on the 11th Feb. 2015. Erin (HHonors Rep here on FT) posted the announcement shortly before the emails were sent out to members on the same day.

Originally Posted by HHonorsRepresentative View Post
Hi all,

Thanks for your patience as I gathered more details on our Lifetime Diamond rollout. As were in the New Year, I have some additional details to share with you.

Initially, Lifetime Diamond Status will go to a select group of members who met all of the following criteria as of December 31, 2014:
  • Have maintained Diamond Status for at least 10 years (consecutive or concurrent) and
  • Completed paid stays totaling at least 1,000 nights
Members that met this criteria as of December 31, 2014 will be notified via email and receive their Lifetime Diamond Status in the mail at the physical address on their account at the end of February. Members that meet Lifetime Diamond Status criteria in the middle of the year will receive Lifetime Diamond Status at the beginning of the following year.

Please note that we are in early stages of this benefit, which means that elements of this offering may evolve and may change over time. As I hear of any updates, I will be sure to share those here.

As always, your input is truly valued and we welcome your thoughts and feedback during this launch period. Were here and listening!

Thanks,
Erin
[B]Initially, Lifetime Diamond Status will go to a select group of members who met all of the following criteria as of December 31, 2014:

All paid stays count not just the paid stays during the years a member is a Hilton HHonors diamond.

As more information becomes available it will be added here. Should you have any updates please post them in the thread or in this wiki to keep the most pertinent info quickly available to those interested.

For those interested, the development unfolded as follows:

Erin, the HHonors rep on FT posted the following on 16/12/2014: (after some eagle eyed attention by adambrock from an email sent out by Hilton and which he thankfully posted here on FT: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...tus-email.html Kudos to adambrock for noticing and sharing it with the community. )

HHonorsRepresentative (Erin) wrote in that thread:

In 2015, HHonors will begin introducing Lifetime Diamond Status! As you may know, were always looking for new ways to reward you and we take into consideration your feedback on ways to recognize our most loyal members. Over the past several years, weve heard from you that Lifetime Diamond Status is important to you and Im thrilled to announce that we will be inviting some of our most tenured Diamond members into this status.

Ill have more details for you in early 2015 and I understand our first Lifetime Diamond members will receive their invitations in the early part of 2015. At this time, this is all the information I have on Lifetime Diamond Status, but I will do my best to keep you all updated as I hear more!
Print Wikipost

Old Feb 11, 15, 6:05 am

Location: ATL - DL DM/2.9MM - HH Lifetime Diamond - Marriott Plat
I feel like I've just been punched in the gut. When I called to get my lifetime stats, I was told my account had already been looked at and I was a Legacy and would get lifetime - now I look at the requirements and it doesn't look good, I don't have 1,000 nights.
I wasn't complaining about being stiffed for the 100,000 points as I assumed something bigger was on the way. I told 2, 1 year Diamonds about it and they were rewarded but my 19 years as a Diamond isn't.
I'm going to wait for the rollout and if nothing happens, I'm done.
Old Feb 11, 15, 6:16 am

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Not what I expected ...

Since I mostly qualify on base points (200K base points at least/year) a 1000 nights is a lot.

Had only 455 nights sinds 2006.

Thank god I am only 26, so I still have some time to maybe once get the diamond for life status ..
Old Feb 11, 15, 6:29 am

Originally Posted by MrHilton View Post
Not what I expected ...

Since I mostly qualify on base points (200K base points at least/year) a 1000 nights is a lot.

Had only 455 nights sinds 2006.

Thank god I am only 26, so I still have some time to maybe once get the diamond for life status ..
Seems pretty reasonable to me...you get it by the time you're 34 and get 50+ years out of it!
Old Feb 11, 15, 6:34 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by MrHilton View Post

While I am not quite the whipper snapper you are (turned 43 today), I still have quite a few years before I retire which is when lifetime status is at least theoretically most useful. I can certainly see those who have earned Diamond for 10 years with nights in bed and are still short. 60 X 10 = 600 so unless you average 100 nights per year (which is a LOT and I salute those who do and even more every year).

I guess it all depends on how much Lifetime status means to you. I mean Hilton never had it before and while long term members grumbled an awful lot have still stuck with the program. For me it would be a nice feather in the cap, but I am staying enough nights to be Diamond and will for the foreseeable future.
Old Feb 11, 15, 6:44 am

Programs: HH Diamond, DL PM, Hertz President's Circle
This is beyond what I expected and completely out of whack with the competition. I was expecting 10 years but was thinking it would be 600 nights (for logical reasons...). Thus, placing them nicely between SPG and Marriott's requirements. That requirement is so far out of left field and not even close to the competition. I'm interested to see what added benefits will come with the status, especially considering the stakes are so high.
Old Feb 11, 15, 6:53 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Falcon Flyer Gold, Hilton Diamon, Accor Platinum, IHG Platinum Ambassador
As usual Hilton opens the door....and then slams it in your face.
Old Feb 11, 15, 6:58 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, RR Platinum
[QUOTE=Miesque;24329686](turned 43 today)

Happy birthday Miesque!
Old Feb 11, 15, 7:15 am
Company Representative - Honors by Hilton

Programs: Hilton Honors
Hi all,

Thanks for your patience as I gathered more details on our Lifetime Diamond rollout. As were in the New Year, I have some additional details to share with you.

Initially, Lifetime Diamond Status will go to a select group of members who met all of the following criteria as of December 31, 2014:
  • Have maintained Diamond Status for at least 10 years (consecutive or concurrent) and
  • Completed paid stays totaling at least 1,000 nights
Members that met this criteria as of December 31, 2014 will be notified via email and receive their Lifetime Diamond Status in the mail at the physical address on their account at the end of February. Members that meet Lifetime Diamond Status criteria in the middle of the year will receive Lifetime Diamond Status at the beginning of the following year.

Please note that we are in early stages of this benefit, which means that elements of this offering may evolve and may change over time. As I hear of any updates, I will be sure to share those here.

As always, your input is truly valued and we welcome your thoughts and feedback during this launch period. Were here and listening!

Thanks,
Erin
Old Feb 11, 15, 7:28 am

Originally Posted by treppenlaeufer View Post
Happy birthday Miesque!
Seconded!
Old Feb 11, 15, 7:32 am

Programs: AA: EXP, 4MM; HH: Lifetime Diamond; SPG/MAR Life Plat Prem Hertz: Prez Circle
Interesting. I have not received an email yet, but my account is now showing that I have qualified - no indication of number of nights I have stayed over the years either.
Old Feb 11, 15, 7:33 am

Programs: DL GE
Ok, how do we see how many nights we have stayed? Maybe I am 4 or 5 years away?
Old Feb 11, 15, 7:35 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Thank you, treppenlaeufer and arlflyer.
Old Feb 11, 15, 7:45 am
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
well other than no stay or points level it is what I thought so not disappointed

My quote from other thread: "well since we are all guessing, my bet is that it will be in the order of 500 stays or 1000 nights or 1 million earned points (with a minimum 10 years as Diamond)."

Still a few nights for me!
Old Feb 11, 15, 7:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IC RA, Kimpton Inner Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by RAPC View Post
I'm nowhere near lifetime Diamond on that criteria, but based upon a number of FTers who are real HH road warriors, with 100+ nights a year and a long history of loyalty, it will reward at this time, exactly the sort of people that Hilton want to reward. This is about rewarding those who have been loyal for years on this criteria.

It probably won't make those of us qualifying via stays or spend push on for lifetime status as it may be far out of reach to be motivating, but it may well be that HH are aiming to reward the real frequent stayers.

For those FTers who have qualified over the years and spent almost 3 years in a HH family hotel, I salute you and your lifetime status when you get it. You have earned it.
Surely these LT schemes are about incentivising qualifying forward stays not some spurious retrospective "reward" which may yield little value to the chain? By that measure this is something of a fail.
Old Feb 11, 15, 7:54 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Accor Silver, Marriott Gold, Amtrak Select, CAM Card
It will be very nice if the HHonors website would actually display one's progress towards both of these criteria. I know how many total nights I have, which isn't too distant from 1000. But, if it's indeed "paid" nights, then I'm probably another 75-100 nights short. And, I still have another 2-3 years to go before I hit 10 years as Diamond. Oh well, I didn't qualify for the recent Diamond promo and now find that I'm some distance from lifetime Diamond, assuming that the criteria don't get more onerous over time.

Search this Thread