Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Lifetime Diamond - Experiences, Questions, Is It Worth It?" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 16, 2014, 2:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Lifetime Diamond Status with HHonors is now reality. ^

More recent information posted by Lauren (Hilton Honors Representative) reflects changes in the Honors Lifetime Diamond qualifying criteria:

Originally Posted by HonorsRepresentative
Hi all,

A few months ago, we received some great feedback in the Q&A thread with our VP of Hilton HHonors, Aaron Glick. While the team explores a number of initiatives, one area that we could change quickly was our Lifetime Diamond qualifications. As of January 2017, we will grant Lifetime Diamond to all members who have met the following criteria:

• Members who have maintained Diamond status for at least 10 years (years do not need to be consecutive)

AND

• Have stayed at least 1,000 nights - either paid or reward (as you may know, only paid nights were eligible before)

OR

• Have accumulated 2 million Base Points since joining the Hilton HHonors program (this is a new feature to enable more members to enjoy Lifetime Diamond status; also as a reminder, only Base Points are eligible...Bonus Points earned via promotions, co-brand credit cards, or other means do not count towards status)

So now, there will be essentially two ways you can qualify for Lifetime Diamond:
1. 10 years at Diamond with Hilton HHonors + 1,000 nights (including paid and reward)
2. 10 years at Diamond + 2 million cumulative Base Points

An email notification will go out in February to members who have qualified for Lifetime Diamond as of December 31, 2016. If you want a sneak peek to find out if you will qualify, you can contact the Diamond Desk and the team will be happy to help.

Please reach out with any questions or comments, and I’ll be sure to share them directly with Aaron and team.

Thank you!
Lauren
Previous:

Details for the first inductees were announced on the 11th Feb. 2015. Erin (HHonors Rep here on FT) posted the announcement shortly before the emails were sent out to members on the same day.

Originally Posted by HHonorsRepresentative
Hi all,

Thanks for your patience as I gathered more details on our Lifetime Diamond rollout. As we’re in the New Year, I have some additional details to share with you.

Initially, Lifetime Diamond Status will go to a select group of members who met all of the following criteria as of December 31, 2014:
  • Have maintained Diamond Status for at least 10 years (consecutive or concurrent) and
  • Completed paid stays totaling at least 1,000 nights
Members that met this criteria as of December 31, 2014 will be notified via email and receive their Lifetime Diamond Status in the mail at the physical address on their account at the end of February. Members that meet Lifetime Diamond Status criteria in the middle of the year will receive Lifetime Diamond Status at the beginning of the following year.

Please note that we are in early stages of this benefit, which means that elements of this offering may evolve and may change over time. As I hear of any updates, I will be sure to share those here.

As always, your input is truly valued and we welcome your thoughts and feedback during this launch period. We’re here and listening!

Thanks,
Erin
[B]Initially, Lifetime Diamond Status will go to a select group of members who met all of the following criteria as of December 31, 2014:

All paid stays count — not just the paid stays during the years a member is a Hilton HHonors diamond.

As more information becomes available it will be added here. Should you have any updates please post them in the thread or in this wiki to keep the most pertinent info quickly available to those interested.

For those interested, the development unfolded as follows:

Erin, the HHonors rep on FT posted the following on 16/12/2014: (after some eagle eyed attention by adambrock from an email sent out by Hilton and which he thankfully posted here on FT: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...tus-email.html Kudos to adambrock for noticing and sharing it with the community. ^)

HHonorsRepresentative (Erin) wrote in that thread:

In 2015, HHonors will begin introducing Lifetime Diamond Status! As you may know, we’re always looking for new ways to reward you and we take into consideration your feedback on ways to recognize our most loyal members. Over the past several years, we’ve heard from you that Lifetime Diamond Status is important to you and I’m thrilled to announce that we will be inviting some of our most tenured Diamond members into this status.

I’ll have more details for you in early 2015 and I understand our first Lifetime Diamond members will receive their invitations in the early part of 2015. At this time, this is all the information I have on Lifetime Diamond Status, but I will do my best to keep you all updated as I hear more!

levman wrote in a post on Jan 24:

The best source of info I've found is the email address [email protected]. It seems to be staffed with people dedicated to the Lifetime Diamond program.
Print Wikipost

Consolidated "Lifetime Diamond - Experiences, Questions, Is It Worth It?" thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2015, 7:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP - 3.7MM, Bonv LIFETIME Titan, HH Dmd, Hyatt Glob., Priority Clb Dmd, Ntnl Exec El., Sixt PLT
Originally Posted by snapper6768
All good points. My point is still that Hilton is not going to offer a lifetime status at their highest status for long. Certainly not at any level that is going to be obtainable by very many people. Look at the airlines and how they do it.
HHonors is pushed to offer life time status by other programs (after SPG joined the Marriott). HHonors does not look to be concerned about number of Diamonds with credit card (mentioned) and fast track options. Also, SPG has some additional differentiation between PLTs based on annual stays. HHonors might do the same without introducing another tier.
Old Jan 9, 2015, 1:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
I hope lifetime status isn't like DL's lifetime program. Lifetime silver for being a diamond for 10 years, or something crazy like that...
Old Jan 9, 2015, 5:12 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
I just do not see Hilton offering Lifetime membership to their highest level.
I'm not sure I understand why you think this. Both Marriott and Starwood have LT programs which do provide elite status to their "highest" levels. OK, Marriott does have Plat Premier, but it doesn't actually provide anything extra (except maybe stroking your ego a little.) And SPG does have some extra "Plat" benefits for those who reach specific night plateaus (50, 75, 100 nights.) But again, those aren't really a status above the existing elite levels.

So if two of Hilton's biggest competitors (with Marriott probably being the closest one they tend to match against) provide elite status to their highest levels, I'm not so sure Hilton wouldn't either. Also note that a couple of years ago, Marriott even lowered their requirements to reach each elite levels. So it is now even easier than it previously was to reach those levels, yet Marriott hasn't created a true "4th" level elite status.
Old Jan 9, 2015, 10:46 pm

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, UA Million Miler Gold, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by hhoope01
I'm not sure I understand why you think this. Both Marriott and Starwood have LT programs which do provide elite status to their "highest" levels. OK, Marriott does have Plat Premier, but it doesn't actually provide anything extra (except maybe stroking your ego a little.) And SPG does have some extra "Plat" benefits for those who reach specific night plateaus (50, 75, 100 nights.) But again, those aren't really a status above the existing elite levels.

So if two of Hilton's biggest competitors (with Marriott probably being the closest one they tend to match against) provide elite status to their highest levels, I'm not so sure Hilton wouldn't either. Also note that a couple of years ago, Marriott even lowered their requirements to reach each elite levels. So it is now even easier than it previously was to reach those levels, yet Marriott hasn't created a true "4th" level elite status.
You contradict yourself, saying that others have lifetime at their highest levels but then say....not really. The FACT is Marriott does NOT offer lifetime at their HIGHEST status....even is you says that level does nothing but stroke your ego.
Old Jan 10, 2015, 12:05 am

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
You contradict yourself, saying that others have lifetime at their highest levels but then say....not really. The FACT is Marriott does NOT offer lifetime at their HIGHEST status....even is you says that level does nothing but stroke your ego.
I'm confused...you seem to be arguing that Hilton will not offer Lifetime Diamond...but in another thread you posted that you have been told you are Lifetime Diamond?
Old Jan 10, 2015, 2:18 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
And it isn't even an "official" level. There are no set requirements for attaining that level and the level doesn't come with any "real" benefits. So if Hilton were to follow suit, they would create an undocumented elite level with no real benefits.

Originally Posted by Football Fan
I'm confused...you seem to be arguing that Hilton will not offer Lifetime Diamond...but in another thread you posted that you have been told you are Lifetime Diamond?
I think snapper6768 is asserting that Hilton will want to create another "higher" elite level above Diamond.
Old Jan 10, 2015, 6:47 am

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
Originally Posted by hhoope01
I think snapper6768 is asserting that Hilton will want to create another "higher" elite level above Diamond.
That would be interesting as Marriott has Plat Premier. And has had lifetime status for years.
Old Jan 10, 2015, 1:29 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott Plat LT, HH Gold, IHG Plat, WoH Discvst, Hertz PC
It took 5 days for DD to respond to my request for lifetime data on nights, stays, etc. ... and the response stated to allow 4 weeks for them to snail mail the info to me. Five days for a response??? Then four weeks for data???
Old Jan 10, 2015, 3:24 pm

Programs: HH D
On one of your next check in or outs, you could ask the front desk to look up your 'enterprise' stay and night history. It'll take them less than four weeks to retrieve those figures from OnQ. Though it's not on your reservation page number one I believe, so it might take a minute or so.
Old Jan 10, 2015, 4:35 pm

Originally Posted by Football Fan
Not at all. Please re-read my posts. I absolutely believe there will be lifetime Diamond. What I don't believe is that it will remain Hilton's highest tier for very long. I think something will replace Diamond as the top tier
Old Jan 10, 2015, 4:36 pm

Originally Posted by troyintn
That would be interesting as Marriott has Plat Premier. And has had lifetime status for years.
Yes, they have lifetime platinum but not lifetime Premier Platinum
Old Jan 10, 2015, 4:37 pm

Originally Posted by Sisosig
On one of your next check in or outs, you could ask the front desk to look up your 'enterprise' stay and night history. It'll take them less than four weeks to retrieve those figures from OnQ. Though it's not on your reservation page number one I believe, so it might take a minute or so.
The Diamond Desk can give you this information at any time
Old Jan 11, 2015, 12:16 am

Programs: HHonors, USAirways
Originally Posted by holmedown
same here - for the last 10 years I have only ever received booking confirmations, never any other emails (I find the quarterly "offers" from FT).
Same here for me. I have PMed Erin as requested upthread.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 11:13 am

Programs: Hilton Honors LT Diamond, Marriott Gold Delta Gold, Avis Preferred Plus,
Originally Posted by jmd001
It took 5 days for DD to respond to my request for lifetime data on nights, stays, etc. ... and the response stated to allow 4 weeks for them to snail mail the info to me. Five days for a response??? Then four weeks for data???
Really? I emailed them and had it in a couple of hours.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 12:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
What is the point in asking for the lifetime data when there are no published criteria for lifetime status? Until the qualification criteria are published it is surely a waste of time?

My estimate of my own totals are 12 years as Diamond (most recent 2 years comped by BA), continuous but for approximately 1 week, circa 1.5M lifetime base points and circa 600 nights. Without knowing if this is in the right ballpark it is pointless firming up the actual number.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.