Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Lifetime Diamond Status Arrives at Hilton Honors — With Required Qualifications

Lifetime Diamond Status Arrives at Hilton Honors — With Required Qualifications

    Hide Wikipost
Old Sep 11, 18, 11:00 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: JDiver
Wiki Link
Lifetime Diamond Status with HHonors is now reality.

More recent information posted by Lauren (Hilton Honors Representative) reflects changes in the Honors Lifetime Diamond qualifying criteria:

Originally Posted by HonorsRepresentative View Post
Hi all,

A few months ago, we received some great feedback in the Q&A thread with our VP of Hilton HHonors, Aaron Glick. While the team explores a number of initiatives, one area that we could change quickly was our Lifetime Diamond qualifications. As of January 2017, we will grant Lifetime Diamond to all members who have met the following criteria:

Members who have maintained Diamond status for at least 10 years (years do not need to be consecutive)

AND

Have stayed at least 1,000 nights - either paid or reward (as you may know, only paid nights were eligible before)

OR

Have accumulated 2 million Base Points since joining the Hilton HHonors program (this is a new feature to enable more members to enjoy Lifetime Diamond status; also as a reminder, only Base Points are eligible...Bonus Points earned via promotions, co-brand credit cards, or other means do not count towards status)


So now, there will be essentially two ways you can qualify for Lifetime Diamond:
1. 10 years at Diamond with Hilton HHonors + 1,000 nights (including paid and reward)
2. 10 years at Diamond + 2 million cumulative Base Points

An email notification will go out in February to members who have qualified for Lifetime Diamond as of December 31, 2016. If you want a sneak peek to find out if you will qualify, you can contact the Diamond Desk and the team will be happy to help.

Please reach out with any questions or comments, and Ill be sure to share them directly with Aaron and team.

Thank you!
Lauren
Previous:

Details for the first inductees were announced on the 11th Feb. 2015. Erin (HHonors Rep here on FT) posted the announcement shortly before the emails were sent out to members on the same day.

Originally Posted by HHonorsRepresentative View Post
Hi all,

Thanks for your patience as I gathered more details on our Lifetime Diamond rollout. As were in the New Year, I have some additional details to share with you.

Initially, Lifetime Diamond Status will go to a select group of members who met all of the following criteria as of December 31, 2014:
  • Have maintained Diamond Status for at least 10 years (consecutive or concurrent) and
  • Completed paid stays totaling at least 1,000 nights
Members that met this criteria as of December 31, 2014 will be notified via email and receive their Lifetime Diamond Status in the mail at the physical address on their account at the end of February. Members that meet Lifetime Diamond Status criteria in the middle of the year will receive Lifetime Diamond Status at the beginning of the following year.

Please note that we are in early stages of this benefit, which means that elements of this offering may evolve and may change over time. As I hear of any updates, I will be sure to share those here.

As always, your input is truly valued and we welcome your thoughts and feedback during this launch period. Were here and listening!

Thanks,
Erin
[B]Initially, Lifetime Diamond Status will go to a select group of members who met all of the following criteria as of December 31, 2014:

All paid stays count not just the paid stays during the years a member is a Hilton HHonors diamond.

As more information becomes available it will be added here. Should you have any updates please post them in the thread or in this wiki to keep the most pertinent info quickly available to those interested.



For those interested, the development unfolded as follows:

Erin, the HHonors rep on FT posted the following on 16/12/2014: (after some eagle eyed attention by adambrock from an email sent out by Hilton and which he thankfully posted here on FT: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...tus-email.html Kudos to adambrock for noticing and sharing it with the community. )

HHonorsRepresentative (Erin) wrote in that thread:

In 2015, HHonors will begin introducing Lifetime Diamond Status! As you may know, were always looking for new ways to reward you and we take into consideration your feedback on ways to recognize our most loyal members. Over the past several years, weve heard from you that Lifetime Diamond Status is important to you and Im thrilled to announce that we will be inviting some of our most tenured Diamond members into this status.

Ill have more details for you in early 2015 and I understand our first Lifetime Diamond members will receive their invitations in the early part of 2015. At this time, this is all the information I have on Lifetime Diamond Status, but I will do my best to keep you all updated as I hear more!
Print Wikipost

Old Jan 8, 15, 1:44 pm
  #151  
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: PHX
Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, UA Million Miler Gold, Marriott Platinum
Posts: 1,012
Originally Posted by treppenlaeufer View Post
The trouble with that is that that would only really work in the US, where you can obtain your Diamond with Credit Card and Hilton has locations just about anywhere.

On the road in Europe no chance to get to 100 nights/year with Hilton (or any hotel brand really) unless you are project bound somewhere for an extended period. The Hilton footprint is simply too small. Also no easy shortcuts to Diamond with credit card & manufactured spending.
All good points. My point is still that Hilton is not going to offer a lifetime status at their highest status for long. Certainly not at any level that is going to be obtainable by very many people. Look at the airlines and how they do it.
HawkeyeFlyer is online now  
Old Jan 8, 15, 7:01 pm
  #152  
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Everywhere
Programs: AA EXP - 3.3MM, Bonvoy LIFETIME Titanium Elite, HH Diamd, Priority Clb PLT, Ntnl Exec, Sixt PLT
Posts: 1,244
Originally Posted by snapper6768 View Post
All good points. My point is still that Hilton is not going to offer a lifetime status at their highest status for long. Certainly not at any level that is going to be obtainable by very many people. Look at the airlines and how they do it.
HHonors is pushed to offer life time status by other programs (after SPG joined the Marriott). HHonors does not look to be concerned about number of Diamonds with credit card (mentioned) and fast track options. Also, SPG has some additional differentiation between PLTs based on annual stays. HHonors might do the same without introducing another tier.
Alex_I is offline  
Old Jan 9, 15, 1:32 am
  #153  
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: DEN
Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Plat, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Posts: 17,162
I hope lifetime status isn't like DL's lifetime program. Lifetime silver for being a diamond for 10 years, or something crazy like that...
mnredfox is offline  
Old Jan 9, 15, 5:12 am
  #154  
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: McKinney, TX, USA
Programs: AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; IHG Plat; Hilton Gold; Hyatt Discoverist
Posts: 11,184
Originally Posted by snapper6768 View Post
I just do not see Hilton offering Lifetime membership to their highest level.
I'm not sure I understand why you think this. Both Marriott and Starwood have LT programs which do provide elite status to their "highest" levels. OK, Marriott does have Plat Premier, but it doesn't actually provide anything extra (except maybe stroking your ego a little.) And SPG does have some extra "Plat" benefits for those who reach specific night plateaus (50, 75, 100 nights.) But again, those aren't really a status above the existing elite levels.

So if two of Hilton's biggest competitors (with Marriott probably being the closest one they tend to match against) provide elite status to their highest levels, I'm not so sure Hilton wouldn't either. Also note that a couple of years ago, Marriott even lowered their requirements to reach each elite levels. So it is now even easier than it previously was to reach those levels, yet Marriott hasn't created a true "4th" level elite status.
hhoope01 is offline  
Old Jan 9, 15, 10:46 pm
  #155  
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: PHX
Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, UA Million Miler Gold, Marriott Platinum
Posts: 1,012
Originally Posted by hhoope01 View Post
I'm not sure I understand why you think this. Both Marriott and Starwood have LT programs which do provide elite status to their "highest" levels. OK, Marriott does have Plat Premier, but it doesn't actually provide anything extra (except maybe stroking your ego a little.) And SPG does have some extra "Plat" benefits for those who reach specific night plateaus (50, 75, 100 nights.) But again, those aren't really a status above the existing elite levels.

So if two of Hilton's biggest competitors (with Marriott probably being the closest one they tend to match against) provide elite status to their highest levels, I'm not so sure Hilton wouldn't either. Also note that a couple of years ago, Marriott even lowered their requirements to reach each elite levels. So it is now even easier than it previously was to reach those levels, yet Marriott hasn't created a true "4th" level elite status.
You contradict yourself, saying that others have lifetime at their highest levels but then say....not really. The FACT is Marriott does NOT offer lifetime at their HIGHEST status....even is you says that level does nothing but stroke your ego.
HawkeyeFlyer is online now  
Old Jan 10, 15, 12:05 am
  #156  
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Formerly known as attorney28
Programs: BA Gold, LH SEN, LC Aur, Hyatt Dmd, Mar/SPG "Lifetime" Plat, HH Dmd, IC Amb, Sixt Dmd
Posts: 6,417
Originally Posted by snapper6768 View Post
You contradict yourself, saying that others have lifetime at their highest levels but then say....not really. The FACT is Marriott does NOT offer lifetime at their HIGHEST status....even is you says that level does nothing but stroke your ego.
I'm confused...you seem to be arguing that Hilton will not offer Lifetime Diamond...but in another thread you posted that you have been told you are Lifetime Diamond?
Football Fan is offline  
Old Jan 10, 15, 2:18 am
  #157  
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: McKinney, TX, USA
Programs: AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; IHG Plat; Hilton Gold; Hyatt Discoverist
Posts: 11,184
Originally Posted by snapper6768 View Post
You contradict yourself, saying that others have lifetime at their highest levels but then say....not really. The FACT is Marriott does NOT offer lifetime at their HIGHEST status....even is you says that level does nothing but stroke your ego.
And it isn't even an "official" level. There are no set requirements for attaining that level and the level doesn't come with any "real" benefits. So if Hilton were to follow suit, they would create an undocumented elite level with no real benefits.

Originally Posted by Football Fan View Post
I'm confused...you seem to be arguing that Hilton will not offer Lifetime Diamond...but in another thread you posted that you have been told you are Lifetime Diamond?
I think snapper6768 is asserting that Hilton will want to create another "higher" elite level above Diamond.
hhoope01 is offline  
Old Jan 10, 15, 6:47 am
  #158  
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Nashville
Programs: DL DM 2 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
Posts: 5,818
Originally Posted by hhoope01 View Post
I think snapper6768 is asserting that Hilton will want to create another "higher" elite level above Diamond.
That would be interesting as Marriott has Plat Premier. And has had lifetime status for years.
troyintn is offline  
Old Jan 10, 15, 1:29 pm
  #159  
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: San Fran Area
Programs: UA Gold MM, AA Gold MM, HH Dia, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, IC Amb, Hertz PC
Posts: 1,728
It took 5 days for DD to respond to my request for lifetime data on nights, stays, etc. ... and the response stated to allow 4 weeks for them to snail mail the info to me. Five days for a response??? Then four weeks for data???
jmd001 is offline  
Old Jan 10, 15, 3:24 pm
  #160  
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Programs: HH D; IHG G
Posts: 978
On one of your next check in or outs, you could ask the front desk to look up your 'enterprise' stay and night history. It'll take them less than four weeks to retrieve those figures from OnQ. Though it's not on your reservation page number one I believe, so it might take a minute or so.
Sisosig is offline  
Old Jan 10, 15, 4:35 pm
  #161  
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: PHX
Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, UA Million Miler Gold, Marriott Platinum
Posts: 1,012
Originally Posted by Football Fan View Post
I'm confused...you seem to be arguing that Hilton will not offer Lifetime Diamond...but in another thread you posted that you have been told you are Lifetime Diamond?
Not at all. Please re-read my posts. I absolutely believe there will be lifetime Diamond. What I don't believe is that it will remain Hilton's highest tier for very long. I think something will replace Diamond as the top tier
HawkeyeFlyer is online now  
Old Jan 10, 15, 4:36 pm
  #162  
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: PHX
Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, UA Million Miler Gold, Marriott Platinum
Posts: 1,012
Originally Posted by troyintn View Post
That would be interesting as Marriott has Plat Premier. And has had lifetime status for years.
Yes, they have lifetime platinum but not lifetime Premier Platinum
HawkeyeFlyer is online now  
Old Jan 10, 15, 4:37 pm
  #163  
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: PHX
Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, UA Million Miler Gold, Marriott Platinum
Posts: 1,012
Originally Posted by Sisosig View Post
On one of your next check in or outs, you could ask the front desk to look up your 'enterprise' stay and night history. It'll take them less than four weeks to retrieve those figures from OnQ. Though it's not on your reservation page number one I believe, so it might take a minute or so.
The Diamond Desk can give you this information at any time
HawkeyeFlyer is online now  
Old Jan 11, 15, 12:16 am
  #164  
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Programs: HHonors, USAirways
Posts: 15
Originally Posted by holmedown View Post
same here - for the last 10 years I have only ever received booking confirmations, never any other emails (I find the quarterly "offers" from FT).
Same here for me. I have PMed Erin as requested upthread.
stillplayswithbarbies is offline  
Old Jan 12, 15, 11:13 am
  #165  
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: USA FL
Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold Delta Gold
Posts: 172
Originally Posted by jmd001 View Post
It took 5 days for DD to respond to my request for lifetime data on nights, stays, etc. ... and the response stated to allow 4 weeks for them to snail mail the info to me. Five days for a response??? Then four weeks for data???
Really? I emailed them and had it in a couple of hours.
poker9ite is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread