Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Lifetime Diamond - Experiences, Questions, Is It Worth It?" thread

Old Dec 16, 2014, 2:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Lifetime Diamond Status with HHonors is now reality. ^

More recent information posted by Lauren (Hilton Honors Representative) reflects changes in the Honors Lifetime Diamond qualifying criteria:

Originally Posted by HonorsRepresentative
Hi all,

A few months ago, we received some great feedback in the Q&A thread with our VP of Hilton HHonors, Aaron Glick. While the team explores a number of initiatives, one area that we could change quickly was our Lifetime Diamond qualifications. As of January 2017, we will grant Lifetime Diamond to all members who have met the following criteria:

Members who have maintained Diamond status for at least 10 years (years do not need to be consecutive)

AND

Have stayed at least 1,000 nights - either paid or reward (as you may know, only paid nights were eligible before)

OR

Have accumulated 2 million Base Points since joining the Hilton HHonors program (this is a new feature to enable more members to enjoy Lifetime Diamond status; also as a reminder, only Base Points are eligible...Bonus Points earned via promotions, co-brand credit cards, or other means do not count towards status)

So now, there will be essentially two ways you can qualify for Lifetime Diamond:
1. 10 years at Diamond with Hilton HHonors + 1,000 nights (including paid and reward)
2. 10 years at Diamond + 2 million cumulative Base Points

An email notification will go out in February to members who have qualified for Lifetime Diamond as of December 31, 2016. If you want a sneak peek to find out if you will qualify, you can contact the Diamond Desk and the team will be happy to help.

Please reach out with any questions or comments, and Ill be sure to share them directly with Aaron and team.

Thank you!
Lauren
Previous:

Details for the first inductees were announced on the 11th Feb. 2015. Erin (HHonors Rep here on FT) posted the announcement shortly before the emails were sent out to members on the same day.

Originally Posted by HHonorsRepresentative
Hi all,

Thanks for your patience as I gathered more details on our Lifetime Diamond rollout. As were in the New Year, I have some additional details to share with you.

Initially, Lifetime Diamond Status will go to a select group of members who met all of the following criteria as of December 31, 2014:
  • Have maintained Diamond Status for at least 10 years (consecutive or concurrent) and
  • Completed paid stays totaling at least 1,000 nights
Members that met this criteria as of December 31, 2014 will be notified via email and receive their Lifetime Diamond Status in the mail at the physical address on their account at the end of February. Members that meet Lifetime Diamond Status criteria in the middle of the year will receive Lifetime Diamond Status at the beginning of the following year.

Please note that we are in early stages of this benefit, which means that elements of this offering may evolve and may change over time. As I hear of any updates, I will be sure to share those here.

As always, your input is truly valued and we welcome your thoughts and feedback during this launch period. Were here and listening!

Thanks,
Erin
[B]Initially, Lifetime Diamond Status will go to a select group of members who met all of the following criteria as of December 31, 2014:

All paid stays count not just the paid stays during the years a member is a Hilton HHonors diamond.

As more information becomes available it will be added here. Should you have any updates please post them in the thread or in this wiki to keep the most pertinent info quickly available to those interested.

For those interested, the development unfolded as follows:

Erin, the HHonors rep on FT posted the following on 16/12/2014: (after some eagle eyed attention by adambrock from an email sent out by Hilton and which he thankfully posted here on FT: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...tus-email.html Kudos to adambrock for noticing and sharing it with the community. ^)

HHonorsRepresentative (Erin) wrote in that thread:

In 2015, HHonors will begin introducing Lifetime Diamond Status! As you may know, were always looking for new ways to reward you and we take into consideration your feedback on ways to recognize our most loyal members. Over the past several years, weve heard from you that Lifetime Diamond Status is important to you and Im thrilled to announce that we will be inviting some of our most tenured Diamond members into this status.

Ill have more details for you in early 2015 and I understand our first Lifetime Diamond members will receive their invitations in the early part of 2015. At this time, this is all the information I have on Lifetime Diamond Status, but I will do my best to keep you all updated as I hear more!

levman wrote in a post on Jan 24:

The best source of info I've found is the email address [email protected]. It seems to be staffed with people dedicated to the Lifetime Diamond program.
Print Wikipost

Consolidated "Lifetime Diamond - Experiences, Questions, Is It Worth It?" thread

Old Dec 17, 2014, 8:14 pm

What if majority of my stays are all award redemption, I have Diamond ever since Amex Surpass showed up (2009?), and generated ~7,000,000 HH points through different credit cards, signup bonuses, transfers, manufactured spending, etc.... Sorry, I could not resist. I do not expect to be invited, but it would be nice to be considered!

Cheers,

PedroNY
Old Dec 17, 2014, 9:41 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Very good news and definitely something to encourage my continued loyalty. I hope stays will be a factor because I tend to make status based on them, not nights.
Old Dec 17, 2014, 9:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Good news. LL picked up on this as well:

http://loyaltylobby.com/2014/12/17/c...in-early-2015/
Old Dec 17, 2014, 10:01 pm

Programs: Delta - PM, Hilton - Diamond, PriorityClub - Platinum
This is a potentially positive development that could keep me loyal to Hilton. With the incredible devaluation of points over the last several years I have been having a difficult time justifying the 50-70 nights per year I send Hilton's way. Hopefully this doesn't turn out the like the Premium Room rewards debacle. I personally would like to see the lifetime status based primarily on years as a Diamond.
Old Dec 17, 2014, 10:35 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
My biggest concern is you that you will have to receive an email invite from HHonors and I never get those.

Erin - Please say this won't be the case. Numerous folks at Hilton have looked into my email issues and all tell me they have it fixed but it never is. :-(
Old Dec 17, 2014, 11:12 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I have the same problem as you V702. Never seen an email (except reservation confirmations) in the past eight years or so regardless of repeated efforts to resolve the issue. I expect, as long as our addresses are OK in our HH account, the letters will get to us just fine. Of course that is assuming we have qualified for LT Diamond!!
Old Dec 18, 2014, 12:31 am

Really hoping there will be a points option for lifetime status. I earn at least diamond on points each year, but only get 20-30 nights and maybe 6-10 stays in. Would have to do a serious MR if lifetime status needed nights. Hilton Kuching with 2 rooms for 2 months, anyone?
Old Dec 18, 2014, 7:19 am

Programs: delta pm, aa exp, hilton diamond
Erin,

I to hope this does not require responding to an email as I never receive promotional email from Hilton. I have confirmed everything is correct in my account and they are not ending up in my spam folder. The only emails I receive is hotel confirmations. On another note life time Diamond status is great news.
Old Dec 18, 2014, 7:29 am

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by GoingGal
I have the same problem as you V702. Never seen an email (except reservation confirmations) in the past eight years or so regardless of repeated efforts to resolve the issue. I expect, as long as our addresses are OK in our HH account, the letters will get to us just fine. Of course that is assuming we have qualified for LT Diamond!!
Originally Posted by v702
My biggest concern is you that you will have to receive an email invite from HHonors and I never get those.

Erin - Please say this won't be the case. Numerous folks at Hilton have looked into my email issues and all tell me they have it fixed but it never is. :-(
Ditto - i received booking confirmation emails but never once receive any other sort of emails, despite having all my preferences set to receive them!
Old Dec 18, 2014, 7:54 am
Company Representative - Honors by Hilton

Programs: Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by GoingGal
Originally Posted by Traveling Salesman
Erin,

I to hope this does not require responding to an email as I never receive promotional email from Hilton. I have confirmed everything is correct in my account and they are not ending up in my spam folder. The only emails I receive is hotel confirmations. On another note life time Diamond status is great news.
Hi there,

Please feel free to send me a PM with your full name, HHonors number and the email address associated with your account. My team is currently investigating!

Thanks,
Erin
Old Dec 18, 2014, 8:02 am

Lifetime Gold (based on the current benefits given out for that status level) would probably be enough for me.

And if it were given out to those who earned it by stays/nights (as opposed to through a credit card), all the better.

But I'm not holding out any hope that I'll get any sort of invite.
Old Dec 18, 2014, 8:02 am

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Thanks, Erin - have done so!
Old Dec 18, 2014, 9:21 am

Programs: HH D, AS MM/MVPG for life/AL, Awesome Wipes VIP Club, NEXUS, Hertz 5-Star Gold
Lifetime points?

A phone call to the Diamond Desk to retrieve my info resulted in the rep telling me there isn't a way for him to tell me how many HHonors points I have amassed since signing up for the program.

Did anyone else have the same experience? I may have to call back and see if I can get a different answer.

PS: Will years in which a person was Diamond level for less than the whole year count as a full year for the purpose of qualifying for lifetime status?

Last edited by dave1013; Dec 18, 2014 at 9:43 am Reason: Added partial year question.
Old Dec 18, 2014, 9:43 am

Programs: United 1K; Marriott Titanium
Very interesting. Interested to see how this plays out!
Old Dec 18, 2014, 11:21 am
Zip

Programs: UA-MM; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by sdsearch
Marriott nights vs ponts is very nonlinear: 250 nights and 1.2 million lifetime points for Lifetime Silver, 500 nights plus 1.6 million lifetime points for Lifetime Gold, or 750 nights plus 2.0 million lifetime points for Lifetime Platinum.
I assume Marriott's "lifetime points" refers to their version of "Lifetime Base points." Otherwise, hitting the points requirement would be way too easy.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.