Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Lifetime Diamond - Experiences, Questions, Is It Worth It?" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 16, 2014, 2:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Lifetime Diamond Status with HHonors is now reality. ^

More recent information posted by Lauren (Hilton Honors Representative) reflects changes in the Honors Lifetime Diamond qualifying criteria:

Originally Posted by HonorsRepresentative
Hi all,

A few months ago, we received some great feedback in the Q&A thread with our VP of Hilton HHonors, Aaron Glick. While the team explores a number of initiatives, one area that we could change quickly was our Lifetime Diamond qualifications. As of January 2017, we will grant Lifetime Diamond to all members who have met the following criteria:

• Members who have maintained Diamond status for at least 10 years (years do not need to be consecutive)

AND

• Have stayed at least 1,000 nights - either paid or reward (as you may know, only paid nights were eligible before)

OR

• Have accumulated 2 million Base Points since joining the Hilton HHonors program (this is a new feature to enable more members to enjoy Lifetime Diamond status; also as a reminder, only Base Points are eligible...Bonus Points earned via promotions, co-brand credit cards, or other means do not count towards status)

So now, there will be essentially two ways you can qualify for Lifetime Diamond:
1. 10 years at Diamond with Hilton HHonors + 1,000 nights (including paid and reward)
2. 10 years at Diamond + 2 million cumulative Base Points

An email notification will go out in February to members who have qualified for Lifetime Diamond as of December 31, 2016. If you want a sneak peek to find out if you will qualify, you can contact the Diamond Desk and the team will be happy to help.

Please reach out with any questions or comments, and I’ll be sure to share them directly with Aaron and team.

Thank you!
Lauren
Previous:

Details for the first inductees were announced on the 11th Feb. 2015. Erin (HHonors Rep here on FT) posted the announcement shortly before the emails were sent out to members on the same day.

Originally Posted by HHonorsRepresentative
Hi all,

Thanks for your patience as I gathered more details on our Lifetime Diamond rollout. As we’re in the New Year, I have some additional details to share with you.

Initially, Lifetime Diamond Status will go to a select group of members who met all of the following criteria as of December 31, 2014:
  • Have maintained Diamond Status for at least 10 years (consecutive or concurrent) and
  • Completed paid stays totaling at least 1,000 nights
Members that met this criteria as of December 31, 2014 will be notified via email and receive their Lifetime Diamond Status in the mail at the physical address on their account at the end of February. Members that meet Lifetime Diamond Status criteria in the middle of the year will receive Lifetime Diamond Status at the beginning of the following year.

Please note that we are in early stages of this benefit, which means that elements of this offering may evolve and may change over time. As I hear of any updates, I will be sure to share those here.

As always, your input is truly valued and we welcome your thoughts and feedback during this launch period. We’re here and listening!

Thanks,
Erin
[B]Initially, Lifetime Diamond Status will go to a select group of members who met all of the following criteria as of December 31, 2014:

All paid stays count — not just the paid stays during the years a member is a Hilton HHonors diamond.

As more information becomes available it will be added here. Should you have any updates please post them in the thread or in this wiki to keep the most pertinent info quickly available to those interested.

For those interested, the development unfolded as follows:

Erin, the HHonors rep on FT posted the following on 16/12/2014: (after some eagle eyed attention by adambrock from an email sent out by Hilton and which he thankfully posted here on FT: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...tus-email.html Kudos to adambrock for noticing and sharing it with the community. ^)

HHonorsRepresentative (Erin) wrote in that thread:

In 2015, HHonors will begin introducing Lifetime Diamond Status! As you may know, we’re always looking for new ways to reward you and we take into consideration your feedback on ways to recognize our most loyal members. Over the past several years, we’ve heard from you that Lifetime Diamond Status is important to you and I’m thrilled to announce that we will be inviting some of our most tenured Diamond members into this status.

I’ll have more details for you in early 2015 and I understand our first Lifetime Diamond members will receive their invitations in the early part of 2015. At this time, this is all the information I have on Lifetime Diamond Status, but I will do my best to keep you all updated as I hear more!

levman wrote in a post on Jan 24:

The best source of info I've found is the email address [email protected]. It seems to be staffed with people dedicated to the Lifetime Diamond program.
Print Wikipost

Consolidated "Lifetime Diamond - Experiences, Questions, Is It Worth It?" thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2014, 9:32 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by mnredfox
Wonder if Erin can comment? I'm sure she would prefer we self fix vs flooding her inbox.
+1
Old Dec 29, 2014, 10:10 am

Programs: Lifetime UA 1K, Lifetime Hilton Diamond, Lifetime Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Wonder if Erin can comment? I'm sure she would prefer we self fix vs flooding her inbox.
I have this same issue. I unchecked this once upon a time and have since updated the email preferences, but still don't receive any emails from Hilton.
Old Dec 29, 2014, 10:17 am

Programs: BA Silver, AA Gold, A3 Gold, Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by bldr1k
I have this same issue. I unchecked this once upon a time and have since updated the email preferences, but still don't receive any emails from Hilton.
Same for me. I cannot recall the last promo email I got from Hilton...however I do not recall ever checking the unsubscribe option.
Old Dec 29, 2014, 11:26 am

Programs: AC SE*MM/S100K; HHonors Diamond; a bunch of others at various levels!
I agree, if that was possible. I thought it was clear from my previous response that I had tried everything (unchecking "unsubscribe all," changing email address, checking all options except unsubscribe all, etc.) and none worked.

While Erin did not go into detail with me on the solution, it was clear that it was a back-end solution that was not something that could be self-fixed.

There are a large number of people on this board who have not been receiving emails for years. Many of us have tried all the tools available to us, including self-fix options, calling or emailing Hhonors and/or the Diamond Desk, and escalating the issue. Erin is the first to solve my problem. I should have been careful to state that this solution may not work for all.

Erin did invite those with email issues to PM her, and I followed through in accepting her invitation.

Last edited by GJS - yow; Dec 29, 2014 at 11:35 am Reason: added some clarification
Old Dec 29, 2014, 1:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Originally Posted by ITravelElite
Lifetime states is not so big deal for me,
Why not?
Old Dec 29, 2014, 8:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pauleeepaul
Why not?
ITravelElite's next sentence (which you didn't quote) explained not seeing much of a difference between Diamond and Gold any more.

In turn, for many people, Gold is so easy to get (either through a credit card or through 4 well-timed stays) every couple years (for about 2 years at a time) that it makes a lifetime version of it not as crucial (than it as at other chains where second-level-up status is much harder to get annually).
Old Dec 30, 2014, 3:08 am

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by GJS - yow
Yes. In short, at some point in time I (or someone at Hhonors) had selected "unsubscribe from all emails." Apparently this overrides all other settings, and is never reset when it is unchecked, or when individual e-mail subscriptions are checked. Even changing the e-mail address on the Hhonors account will not fix it.

I do not know what Erin did to fix it, but I have received three emails from Hhonors since 21 Dec. I have had none from any of the other Hilton subscription lists, though, so I am not sure it is fully working.
Ahh - thanks that makes a lot of sense. I too have no recollection of ticking such an option but the way it doesn't get reset regardless of the option picked on the website makes a lot of sense. I PM'd Erin after her post and she was looking into it so hopefully I'll start receiving emails too after the festive period is over.
Old Dec 30, 2014, 2:58 pm
Company Representative - Honors by Hilton

Programs: Hilton Honors
Hi there,

My team is continuing investigations surrounding communication issues our members are facing. I don't mind a full inbox - it keeps me busy! ^

Cheers,
Erin
Old Dec 30, 2014, 3:07 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Accor Silver, Marriott Gold, CAM Card
Originally Posted by HHonorsRepresentative
Hi there,

My team is continuing investigations surrounding communication issues our members are facing. I don't mind a full inbox - it keeps me busy! ^

Cheers,
Erin
Thanks to GJS - yow's earlier posting. I'm quite certain that at some point in the distant past that I opted out of all HHonors e-mails. I wouldn't be surprised if that's the problem that I'm having in my inability to re-start e-mails over the past several years. Like others, I've tried resetting my e-mail subscription preferences multiple times and talking with the Diamond Desk, but with no success. I wonder if Erin can have the IT folks run a similar back-end fix for me (and, likely, others) who have the "no HHonors e-mail" syndrome.
Old Dec 31, 2014, 9:01 am

Programs: AA EXP >3 Million miles,HH Lifetime Diamond
Lifetime Diamond sure looks interesting and cant wait to see how it is rolled out. One other twist I would be interested in. We have one of the grandfathered Mutual Accounts. Might that handled any differently? I'd hope not.

We have been in the program for 20+ years, and I have a bose/ipod sound deck as a gift for the first 1 million Hilton points that we racked up. The new Ipods dont fit and cant be charged but it was a very nice gift at the time. The clock/ipod stand that is room standard Hilton came our way during a different promotion.

Hilton offered some amazing vacation deals in the past like a week in Kenya, which we didnt take advantage of, but we were able to take some amazing redemptions that I will always remember. New Year, next month adding to the counter, Shanghai, Darwin, Adelaide, and Bangkok.

Happy travels to all.
Old Jan 3, 2015, 11:56 am
Suspended

Lifetime DIAMOND Status coming to HHonors

Any update on requirements?
Old Jan 3, 2015, 12:27 pm

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, UA Million Miler Gold, Marriott Platinum
My bigger concern is they will create a level above Diamond once they do this and further devalue the status.
I can not think of any qualification requirement within reason that would keep me from obtaining the highest status yearly but it would devalue the "lifetime" Diamond for sure
Old Jan 3, 2015, 1:31 pm

Programs: 8
FYI Hilton already has a lifetime gold program. HOWEVER, it is not something you can earn or sign up for. It is very strict invite only and would be referred from a hotel gm. It is gold but carries diamond benefits like 48 hour guarantee. So if you want a guaranteed lifetime status, you are probably a bigwig or celebrity who has been staying many years at the same property..or...you'll have to just have to wait and see if you qualify for lifetime diamond
Old Jan 3, 2015, 2:58 pm

I got told that I opted out of snail mail at some point in the past, and I wonder if the same goes for emails. I did no such thing, of course, but maybe this is an underlying issue. Oh well, hopefully we get a fix...
Old Jan 3, 2015, 4:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by iflyuaaa
Any update on requirements?
No.
From the wiki entry by Erin:
I’ll have more details for you in early 2015 and I understand our first Lifetime Diamond members will receive their invitations in the early part of 2015. At this time, this is all the information I have on Lifetime Diamond Status, but I will do my best to keep you all updated as I hear more!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.