Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Is your mailing address up-to-date? / Lifetime status email

Is your mailing address up-to-date? / Lifetime status email

Old Dec 17, 2014, 8:13 am
Company Representative - Honors by Hilton

Programs: Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by Baze
Thanks for this news Erin,

I do have a question for you. Sometime around 2008 or 2009 something happened to my account and I ended up with a two HHonors numbers. They got merged into the newer number. I have no idea why I ended up with a new number. A few years later I asked for a lifetime stay and night count. The numbers given were way too low so I called again. They said they are only the stays and nights under the new HHonors number even though they had my member since date correct in 1997. I was told there was no way to account for the missing 10 years of stays and nights. I said there must be, what if HHonors comes up with a lifetime membership, I would be out all those nights and stays (most as a Diamond). Of course at that time all they would say is Honors does not have lifetime membership, which was true, but I said what if? With this new news will all those stays and nights under the old number be counted? This is very important as I have been a loyal Honors member since 1997, most as a Diamond.

Thanks.
Hi Baze,

Please feel free to send me a PM with more information, and I will reach out to my team about this.

Thanks!
Erin
Old Dec 17, 2014, 10:54 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by donnak
Dear Erin,
Can you please look at this string and comment as to why, yet again, I did not receive this email. For the record, it didn't go into spam because I check the spam folder and make sure they really are spam before I delete them every day. I cannot understand why I do not receive emails from Hilton. You have promised to look into this issue for months now and to check with your team, yet there is no solution offered. I have been a loyal diamond member for at least a decade. Every time I see such a post on flyertalk, it makes me angry at Hilton. Yet despite that, I continue my loyalty to your company but I really would like an answer.
Ditto
Old Dec 18, 2014, 8:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA Executive Platinum, National Executive Elite, Avis First
Looks like a new thread was started to discuss lifetime status.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...g-hhonors.html

Mods, do you mind locking this one up now that we know the purpose of confirming your mailing address?

Thanks.
Old Dec 18, 2014, 9:18 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist Marriott Gold AA EXP
How could your email be wrong if you get the email?

And if your email is wrong, how would you get the notice to check whether your address is correct?
Old Dec 18, 2014, 9:20 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist Marriott Gold AA EXP
Where do we find our lifetime nights and stays count?
Old Dec 18, 2014, 9:43 am

Programs: HH D, AS MM/MVPG for life/AL, Awesome Wipes VIP Club, NEXUS, Hertz 5-Star Gold
Originally Posted by bbriscoe34
Where do we find our lifetime nights and stays count?
Call the Diamond Desk for this info.
Old Dec 18, 2014, 10:09 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Originally Posted by adambrock

Mods, do you mind locking this one up now that we know the purpose of confirming your mailing address?

Thanks.
In my opinion, these are two different topics even though they are related, as the purpose of this discussion is for members to ensure that e-mail addresses are up to date; while the other discussion is speculation on the lifetime Hilton HHonors Diamond VIP status itself.

Thank you.

Regards,

Canarsie
Co-Moderator, Hilton | Hilton HHonors forum
Old Dec 18, 2014, 12:44 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad VIP, Marriott G
Originally Posted by adambrock

Thanks.
Hi adambrock , sorry if it seemed like I stole your thunder, certainly wasn't my objective...

I am very grateful to you for starting this thread as I was about to delete the email I had received until I read your comment about where the link pointed...so I am in your debt! ^

However, I did think that the news and post that Erin made about Lifetime Status coming would be lost in the depths of the thread to those that don't follow each thread, hence why I started the new one to really make it prominent for those that only check once in a while and as Canarsie mentioned, this thread can continue to be about getting the communications sorted for any future comms from Hilton and the new thread to deal with any speculation and news of the lifetime status.

Again, my thanks for your being more eagle eyed than I am! ^

To those that were asking what the confirmation looked like, here it is (at least on an iphone, taken from a screen grab at the Hilton PRG old town):

Email confirmation
by BA_pics, on Flickr

which just goes to show that it is a general communication to ensure that the email works for any future updates and not suggesting that the person is now guaranteed lifetime status! (i wish!)

Hope this helps
Old Dec 18, 2014, 1:45 pm

Programs: HH D
Originally Posted by Canarsie
In my opinion, these are two different topics even though they are related, as the purpose of this discussion is for members to ensure that e-mail addresses are up to date; while the other discussion is speculation on the lifetime Hilton HHonors Diamond VIP status itself.
Initally I made that same mistake when I received the email. However, Hilton is not looking for your email address, they want you to confirm your street address.
Old Dec 18, 2014, 1:51 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Originally Posted by Sisosig
Initally I made that same mistake when I received the email. However, Hilton is not looking for your email address, they want you to confirm your street address.
Thank you for the clarification, Sisosig.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.