Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Is your mailing address up-to-date? / Lifetime status email

Is your mailing address up-to-date? / Lifetime status email

Old Dec 15, 14, 4:05 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by ILuvDisney View Post
No email for me either, and have been Diamond for several years now. I hope someone posts more about it when they learn additional information.
Maybe Hilton wants to know our (or our mailing address) lifetime status: dead or alive.

I'm sure my Hilton mail hasn't always made it to me and sometimes may have been sent back as "return to sender".

I can't imagine that I qualify for lifetime Diamond status under any reasonable measure that Hilton may pick (or may have picked) unless it is related to my lifetime elite status in some airline programs. But even that would be a surprise to me since airline and hotel partnerships may not necessarily be lifetime ones. [Even PANAM and Intercontinental couldn't stick together.]

Lifetime HHonors Gold may be another story, but HHonors Gold status seems to almost grow on trees.
Old Dec 15, 14, 7:13 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LT Plat Premier, Hyatt Globalist, HH Silver
No email here, Gold this year and next after many years as Diamond.
Old Dec 15, 14, 10:29 am

Programs: HH D; IHG G
How many addresses do you have in your profile? I know I have two, they are almost exactly the same. Sometimes I do edit out the false company name "MVP Program" in my Work address. (Which I never entered, because 100% of my stays are private). But at least once I've noticed it to magically return.

So maybe they just sent out the email to people with more than one address in their profile...
Old Dec 15, 14, 11:10 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, RR Platinum
I only have one address in my profile, which is my private postal address. This was changed only a few months ago, so a pretty quick reconfirmation that was asked for.
Old Dec 15, 14, 11:42 am

Programs: HH D; IHG G
So then definitely they are going to mail you a HGVC offer, because of your lifetime support of Hilton. You may have never heard of them but they have at least five Grand Vacations properties in Europe.
Old Dec 16, 14, 8:58 am

Programs: OVER ENTITLED United 1K 2MM HHonors Diamond ICH Club Platinum Marriott Gold
Count me in as not getting this email, or any other promotional email EVER. This is a huge problem for Hhonors. You have loyal customers like me, who have been diamond since 97 and even though I'm signed up for promotional emails, I NEVER get them.

I check my spam as well, and they aren't there. I do receive all my confirmation and cancellation emails, so I know it is possible to receive emails from Hilton.

I seriously hope they put in a lifetime program. After the devaluation, once I qualify for diamond, they pretty much lose my business for the rest of the year. I'm not feeling the loyalty love from Hilton much anymore.

Sail a Nacra
Old Dec 16, 14, 2:32 pm
Company Representative - Honors by Hilton

Programs: Hilton HHonors
Hi all,

I do have some news to share with you on this topic. In 2015, HHonors will begin introducing Lifetime Diamond Status! As you may know, were always looking for new ways to reward you and we take into consideration your feedback on ways to recognize our most loyal members. Over the past several years, weve heard from you that Lifetime Diamond Status is important to you and Im thrilled to announce that we will be inviting some of our most tenured Diamond members into this status.

Ill have more details for you in early 2015 and I understand our first Lifetime Diamond members will receive their invitations in the early part of 2015. At this time, this is all the information I have on Lifetime Diamond Status, but I will do my best to keep you all updated as I hear more!

Additionally, our team has been working through the issues youve been experiencing with HHonors emails. If you have not been receiving emails from us, please send me a PM with your account information and I will pass it on to my team.

As always, please feel free to send me a PM with any questions or comments.

Cheers,
Erin
Old Dec 16, 14, 2:42 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor Gold, HH D, BA Silver
Thanks for the update Erin (and HHonors)

This is very good and very welcome, thank you for listening to the members

(I hope to be invited of course but even if I'm not, I find this a great idea and one that will keep HHonor members staying with you even after qualifying for diamond / gold each year.)

I do have to say that I have been getting much more correspondence lately from Hilton and did get this email so hoping that (at least in my case) the email issues are now over!

Excellent news
Old Dec 16, 14, 4:25 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by Tomphot View Post
I didn't get the email - been a member since 87 and have had Diamond status since the level began.
That does not surprise me!!!!

Their e-mail process is garbage. I also never receive e-mail and am a 10 year Diamond.
Old Dec 16, 14, 4:41 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
So "invitations" to lifetime Diamond status will get sent out? That sounds different than sending out welcome packages to lifetime Diamomds.

Is there going to be a lifetime Gold status invitation too?

And lifetime Silver?

Good to know the following:

Originally Posted by HHonorsRepresentative View Post
Hi all,

I do have some news to share with you on this topic. In 2015, HHonors will begin introducing Lifetime Diamond Status! As you may know, we’re always looking for new ways to reward you and we take into consideration your feedback on ways to recognize our most loyal members. Over the past several years, we’ve heard from you that Lifetime Diamond Status is important to you and I’m thrilled to announce that we will be inviting some of our most tenured Diamond members into this status.

I’ll have more details for you in early 2015 and I understand our first Lifetime Diamond members will receive their invitations in the early part of 2015. At this time, this is all the information I have on Lifetime Diamond Status, but I will do my best to keep you all updated as I hear more!

Additionally, our team has been working through the issues you’ve been experiencing with HHonors emails. If you have not been receiving emails from us, please send me a PM with your account information and I will pass it on to my team.

Cheers,
Erin
Old Dec 16, 14, 4:50 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
I got this email to update my mailing address a few days ago, and clicked thru and confirmed. however I only earned diamond for the first time in 2014, have been gold since 09.
Old Dec 16, 14, 7:07 pm

Programs: QF P1 + LTG VA Plat, AA nothing, HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
No email for me but I'm very interested to hear what the qualifying requirements will be when it's introduced.
Great work Erin and Hilton HHonors
Old Dec 16, 14, 7:16 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, AA EXP, QFF WP, HH D, SPG G, Hertz PC
HHonorsRepresentative, will there be published levels for qualifying or will it be invitation only, and when do you expect to announce those qualifying levels? This WILL make an impact on what business I bring to you, so I would really love to know as soon as possible.
Old Dec 16, 14, 7:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by HHonorsRepresentative View Post
Hi all,

I do have some news to share with you on this topic. In 2015, HHonors will begin introducing Lifetime Diamond Status! As you may know, were always looking for new ways to reward you and we take into consideration your feedback on ways to recognize our most loyal members. Over the past several years, weve heard from you that Lifetime Diamond Status is important to you and Im thrilled to announce that we will be inviting some of our most tenured Diamond members into this status.

Ill have more details for you in early 2015 and I understand our first Lifetime Diamond members will receive their invitations in the early part of 2015. At this time, this is all the information I have on Lifetime Diamond Status, but I will do my best to keep you all updated as I hear more!

Additionally, our team has been working through the issues youve been experiencing with HHonors emails. If you have not been receiving emails from us, please send me a PM with your account information and I will pass it on to my team.

Cheers,
Erin
Thanks for this news Erin,

I do have a question for you. Sometime around 2008 or 2009 something happened to my account and I ended up with a two HHonors numbers. They got merged into the newer number. I have no idea why I ended up with a new number. A few years later I asked for a lifetime stay and night count. The numbers given were way too low so I called again. They said they are only the stays and nights under the new HHonors number even though they had my member since date correct in 1997. I was told there was no way to account for the missing 10 years of stays and nights. I said there must be, what if HHonors comes up with a lifetime membership, I would be out all those nights and stays (most as a Diamond). Of course at that time all they would say is Honors does not have lifetime membership, which was true, but I said what if? With this new news will all those stays and nights under the old number be counted? This is very important as I have been a loyal Honors member since 1997, most as a Diamond.

Thanks.
Old Dec 17, 14, 9:12 am
Company Representative - Honors by Hilton

Programs: Hilton HHonors
Hi all,

I just wanted to reiterate that I have shared all information I have been given to date about Lifetime Diamond Status. As I get more updates, I will be sure to share them here!

Cheers,
Erin

Search this Thread

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: