Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Is your mailing address up-to-date? / Lifetime status email

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is your mailing address up-to-date? / Lifetime status email

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2014, 3:58 am

Programs: SAS Eurobonus Diamond, HHonors Diamond
I still NEVER get any email from Hilton, except booking confirmations. I'm a Diamond and I have been HHonors member for 22 years!!!
Old Dec 14, 2014, 5:47 am

Programs: AC*SEMM, *G, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
I have found that e-mail is becoming a somewhat unreliable tool for loyalty programs to communicate with their members. Going from very aggressive SPAM or junk e-mails filtering to laws in some countries providing for an opt-in only style of communication preferences (anti-SPAM legislation) versus the much easier opt-out.

I recently made a suggestion on the Air Canada/Aeroplan forum that I may time for them to consider a "mailbox" within the logged-in portion of the site where one could retrieve all of their communications, promotions, targeted offers. Might make sense for HH to consider as well. One could still get e-mail but I would find the above approach to be more reliable to ensure one receive the communications they are entitled to...
Old Dec 14, 2014, 7:04 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, Delta MM; HH Diamond, Starwood Platinum, ICH Platinum Ambassador, Hertz Gold
Honors Representative

Dear Erin,
Can you please look at this string and comment as to why, yet again, I did not receive this email. For the record, it didn't go into spam because I check the spam folder and make sure they really are spam before I delete them every day. I cannot understand why I do not receive emails from Hilton. You have promised to look into this issue for months now and to check with your team, yet there is no solution offered. I have been a loyal diamond member for at least a decade. Every time I see such a post on flyertalk, it makes me angry at Hilton. Yet despite that, I continue my loyalty to your company but I really would like an answer.
Old Dec 14, 2014, 7:22 am

Programs: Marriott and British Airways
Please be careful with given your email address and accountinfo. There is no official response from Hilton Hotels.
Old Dec 14, 2014, 7:23 am

Programs: Hilton HHonors Diamond, SAS Diamond (*A Gold)
I also did not receive this email (or any other promotional emails from Hilton - ever)

I only get confirmation emails. I learn about new promotions at FlyerTalk.
Old Dec 14, 2014, 8:16 am

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
Two Diamonds here - nada.
Old Dec 14, 2014, 10:36 am

Programs: HH D
Most of your comments are based on speculation about what this email is all about. We don't know yet. Might as well be a members-only exclusive offer to co-own an apartment at the Grand Vacations Club. Also, as far as I know, it's not uncommon for campaigns to be tried out on sample group first.
Old Dec 14, 2014, 10:57 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by runarbg
I still NEVER get any email from Hilton, except booking confirmations. I'm a Diamond and I have been HHonors member for 22 years!!!
+1

aprox 20 years as a member and the last 6/7 as Diamond.
Old Dec 14, 2014, 11:10 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond
I doubt it will be HGV related, as I am Germany based according to my Hilton profile, with Hilton stays in EMEA only.

It might be that they simply asked for address reconfirmation to send out 2015 membership card sets, maybe they've found an alternative to the "deck of cards" mailed out and/or had too many returned due to expired postal address... however the link address is cheeky to include "lifetime" in it! (as can be seen by the reaction here).

By the way, I also failed to receive Hilton emails for some time without any valid explanation and clearly opted in, and one day they simply started to appear!
Old Dec 14, 2014, 5:20 pm

Programs: AC*SE & MM/*Wood Gold/HHonors Diamond/Marriott Silver/AirMiles Gold
Add me to the list...nada here
Old Dec 14, 2014, 6:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by runarbg
Diamond since 2006. If you didn't get it, I guess I'm SOL!
Old Dec 14, 2014, 7:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I vaguely remember getting the email a few days ago. But I have this thing about clicking on links in emails so I just went to the Hilton website and verified my address. So guess I miss out if there was anything tied to clicking on the link. I went back into my deleted items folder and it is not there though I have not emptied it. So don't know what happened to it.
Old Dec 14, 2014, 10:25 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Diamond Hilton Honors
No email for me either, and have been Diamond for several years now. I hope someone posts more about it when they learn additional information.
Old Dec 14, 2014, 11:43 pm

Programs: HH Diamond BA Blue
Originally Posted by ILuvDisney
No email for me either, and have been Diamond for several years now. I hope someone posts more about it when they learn additional information.
+1
Old Dec 15, 2014, 1:44 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

I have not received the e-mail message either.

I would really like to have lifetime Diamond VIP elite level status with Hilton HHonors...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.